Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Are you happy with the new changes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it\'s an improvement
43.30%
42 43.30%
No, absolutely not
36.08%
35 36.08%
mwoah, it\'s okay
12.37%
12 12.37%
I don\'t know
0%
0 0%
I\'ll play NordInvasion 24/7 when the developers make the enemies a bit weaker
8.25%
8 8.25%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The New Changes
(06-04-2012, 08:18 PM)Nimueh link Wrote: We are being honest... 

Some players are booty kissen weiners yes... 

Most are honest...

I'm being honest when i say i love most of the changes especially the maps...
But a commando and sniper take too much leveling to suck so hard...

It needs to be re balanced. 

xD 

Atleast make it so the commandos have their profincientcy back...  It's not really the low armor..  It's not being able to even outswing a level 3 mob solder 1vs1. 

Not even talking about skirms...  Talking about the dumb wooden sword and small noob axe units. 

There is a reason there is tons of raging right now...

Looks like the devs made 20 accounts each, so they can try to balance the rage with compliments.

I agree with you Nimueh about the botty kissing weiners me and my husband were actually talking about that couple night ago after reading the forums. I find it funny that they ''silenced'' you when you are trying to speak up. Wait a min, its not funny its actually sad because if they do that it means that they cant take any criticisms which in the end is bad for the mod.... I myself got tired of the nerfs in this game specially on the things I put most of my effort in (I started to call it Nerf Invasion  >Sad )and I pre-ordered Diablo 3 which comes out next month YAY! but I always enjoyed this mod and it makes me sad to see the mod that I enjoyed and put in 382 hours turned for the worse because some of the Devs are ignorant. Sniper and commandos were nerfed badly and they are imbalanced as of right now and all this happened so they can bring 2 new classes in Sad
No...

This is not the way you should see this mod, and not the way you should see the player we are, simply because it is in constant motion, patch after patch the game is evolving, I don't want to just say "this is Beta!".
What I want to told you is that you participate to this, you are a tester. Devs try to find the perfect balance or the perfect little thing, the detail, or the big change that could make this game better, challenging but not too much to stay fun, not too easy to not be boring.

Ofc, some change will be bad, but if it helps to evolve in the good way, only the result counts.

So keep in minds that sometimes you may have less fun to play, but this is not a final product, so no worries, just chill out, the best is coming...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Juline... There is plenty of criticism we take and let it stick. Nimueh however overstepped the line and knows it (as proven when popped onto IRC to chat to me). We read every post but sometimes players have to remember this is something that the dev team do for FUN and in our spare time. Worm has a full time job, Hande is just starting his new job and Nemeth and myself are both at university. We do however find it very trying when a small selection of players insist on raging on these forums, and yes you are an absolute minority with NI now attracting over 700 unique player accounts a day, and while we sit here trying to make things better which we continuously post that we are, a few players continue to make useless and ignorant posts. Everything has been nerfed, including the 2 new classes from when we beta tested them and of course we are now working to balance things for this mod. I personally am currently missing a family dinner and not working on my law dissertation to respond to this post and to work more on NI. The majority, and I mean the absolute majority of snipers and commandos and not moaning about any nerfs and still manage to reach high waves. I have had a few log onto IRC today to say thank you as they are now reaching higher waves more often.

I think you should actually wake up and realise you are playing this mod for free and we must have created something fun if over 700 players a day play it. If you don't want to play, go play Diablo 3; we honestly do not mind. This mod is meant to be fun for both the players and those creating it. If you don't have fun, please do not feel obliged to continue playing. We, and hundreds of other players, shall however continue to battle the invading nords.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
That's a great post Hyper.

Ah uni days in Scotland (if that's where you are studying?) I remember them well, I went to Stirling, go visit the statue of Mel Gibson there. Eer., I mean William Wallace. Not a cake walk. Now get back to that dissertation. Oh and good luck!
(06-04-2012, 05:01 AM)Kormin link Wrote: oh, gee...so you guys only have fun if your awash in blood and leveling far to easily? that's what .37 was, we weren't soldiers fighting against overwhelming odds, we were gods of death. it was to easy, i got bored with just plowing through wave after wave without needing to shield.

im sorry 14 of you currently feel this is a bad turn for the mod, but suck it up. yes I've done some poking around and found a few things i don't like, but remember: in Devs we trust. this is their mod and they can do as they like, who are you guys to challenge it? you don't see their plans for the mod, you don't know how they envision it, its not like they are sitting there plotting to make players suffer...well, worm maybe.

if you really want to be gods make your own mod, I'm enjoying the feeling of terror when the naked bodies of the Zerks appear and the panic when the Zwies break through the shieldwall. in no other mod do you actually come to fear the bots, in this i beg for Javs over Zerks just because they are easier to deal with.

I support this patch, and they so totally nerfed the bots you just need to use your shield now.
Relax man. She is just expressing her opinion. Besides this mod has something that very few mods have. Co-op. It would be no good if they ruined that. I feel the devs should use that to their advantage. Personally I feel this mod should be like Single Player Native except you get to be a god along with all your friends. Now imagine if they made it like Native Multiplayer where it would be more of a balance. For example you walk up to one nord and hope you get a kill. You'd be lucky if you got 10 kills in one life. What if they made the Nords gods? Everyone would end up rage quitting all the time, but the Nords don't have to be gods because who are the devs wanting to please? The nords? Or real people? Real people of course. So they could just make us how everyone is in SP and the Nords wouldn't care because they are just bots. Now I'm not saying they should make us gods, not at all, I'm just trying to show everyone the different perspectives. I just want my old stats and armor back with no Nord buffs like many others do. PS, Sorry for the long post.
Perhaps this is a problem that some players are led to believe that as long term players of the community, they are given this 'special' privilege to blindly insult the dev teams without any constructive feedback. Know that this is a free mod for players to play the game as they wished to do so, if the game is not up to their tastes, they might as jolly well leave, there is no point ranting over a game mod that was free for you to play in the first place. The devs have the choice of not giving a damn to the fan community which most paid game companies tend to do, but they're doing an adequate job so far, which is commendable enough for them.

They should know that this is a private forum, the admins can legally by no doubt, police the forums if they wished to do so, censoring every post that come across to the forum admins, if anyone are unsatisfied with these practices, they might very well leave. However, the devs currently did not mute anyone in such manner. Nimueh was perfectly insulting the dev team with rage, he has little to no constructive critism, if he does not like something, he can be part of the change or move on.

By the way, the nerf actually encourages people to less likely run like headless chickens in the first place which has been spanning for over 15 patchs, and more likely to barricade themselves. Not a perfect patch, but it certainly brings us more closer than we thought.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Id like to make a case for why the Long War Axe should stay for Commandos, if not as well as with the Pikemen.  I am quite familiar with how the weapon is used, and I must say it is not for its polearm option.  I get that it's a polearm and therefore it goes to Pikemen, but the most effective use is in its 2-handed option.  Not only is the lower grip make better use of its length, but the thrust option for it is practically pointless.  And as the Pikemen as of now only have 80 for 2-Handed, that better grip for the weapon is wasted.  It was always designed as a swing weapon, and the best swing option is the 2-Handed grip.  I like the weapon, as its almost all I used when I played single-player, so I am biased, but it still makes sense to be used by Commandos in the 2-handed grip.  And as far as I know, you use the 2-Handed proficiency when using the 2-Handed option, and the Polearm proficiency when in the Polearm option.
You should lock this....  It's a 0.4.0 rage thread... And everything is worlds better now.... 

Fair enough. Topic locked Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus