Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Improve Green Drops Rates - Ragnarok
Yes, Please stick with the Topic, this is a thread about Green Drop rates.

Not a thread about who deserves to get green drops/legendaries. If people are having problems with undeserving/leachers the only get around for this which i use is to make sure you fill the server with 16 friends, if there are to many people not helping the team just leave the server. Works for me.

Anyway back on topic= if  i was a new player and put 20-25 hrs in on Odin with no reward of a green drop which leads to 0% Progression for a lot of hours would that make me want to stick around,.
hmm drops are fine for me , but for a bad example : i only got one zinc shard in all my runs i participated.(means ALL the Rag runs.)

Overall statistics were made a month ago or so, i believe it was winter who did this. But drop rates are changing all the time anyways.

But this topic make up another interesting point: Endgame. You are around for more drops and legendaries, but it is quite boring if you have your heroes you wanted to. With a future campaign it may be a lot more interesting, but for the character progression there should be something to reach at the endgame. like horrendous amounts of xp for an extra WPF or something, more levels which will give you a really small bonus or whatever.. was suggested times before too ofc... Right. Now I got sidetracked a lot Smile
Wusel @ Omnia
I agree that there needs to be some changes regarding Crafting/Materials. Because maybe the problem isnt that the drops are too low, but the massive amounts of materials needed to craft a single item these days. (expesially the lump department).   

Then there is always the argument that you shouldnt get so called 'endgame' gear without any grinding. But grinding for months only to make a single item isnt what i would call fun, and its draining the fun out of this mod very quickly for me.

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome.
(11-11-2013, 10:51 AM)Titties link Wrote:[quote author=madjosh link=topic=19691.msg150367#msg150367 date=1384166269]
[quote author=Titties link=topic=19691.msg150364#msg150364 date=1384164916]
[quote author=TerrorBite link=topic=19691.msg150362#msg150362 date=1384163722]
It's not about contributing in that way, it's just that level 39s with marketplace equipment are unable to help the team as much as heroes can, yet they're making the same profit as the heroes, who need so much more money than the lower levels do for each upgrade.

That sounds so elitist. The system right now pretty much allows anyone to get drops which I think is fair. Just because someone is a hero and can ''contribute'' better into helping the team getting to later/harder waves doesn't entitle them to getting more drops.
[/quote]

do you think it's fair that someone joins on wave 16 and steals a legendary from the ones who worked for it?, this thread is also going off topic= remember this is about green drop rates on ragnarok mode rather lack of these green drops
[/quote]

Legendaries are to do with luck, it may not seem to fair to people but it happens. People get butthurt about legendaries anyway.
[/quote]

i would not be angry if someone who was there from the start and was helping the team got good loot, but if someone sneaks a spot in at the last minute or sits at the back the whole game doing nothing constructive for the team other than spawning in more bits for us to have to kill then that's when i have a problem.
(11-11-2013, 02:34 PM)Punishment™ link Wrote:I agree that there needs to be some changes regarding Crafting/Materials. Because maybe the problem isnt that the drops are too low, but the massive amounts of materials needed to craft a single item these days. (expesially the lump department).
This, I think, is the problem. The craftables were made to take up extra materials because they were dropping so often. Now that the drops have been reduced, the craftables still take a huge amount to craft.

(10-11-2013, 11:57 PM)Mystic link Wrote:This mod is basically based on the luck you have and not on any progression where we can actually work for those items that we so desire(any house craftable, any legendary,etc) don't see most of the time the point of playing and feel like I wasted several hours for this mod atm. The only reason I play right now is to play with my group of friends I made in the community. You can make your arguments and such about what I just said but I won't care. Good day.
Agreed. I rarely play more than house events and an occasional dan run now because I never get anything worth the hours spent grinding. Sure, it's fun to be able to say "I helped kill Odin" or Ragnar or whoever, but I rarely get any meaningful drops to reward me for the time I put in. The most basic material for crafting in the game, hardened metal, drops about as often as coal. If I get one hardened metal per run, I consider myself lucky. That is not enough to craft ANYTHING. It feels pointless. I feel as if I could be doing something more interesting than standing in one place with a shield three hours a run so I can feel happy about getting one piece of hardened metal that in 6 months MIGHT add up to enough to craft bronze arrows.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
A fix for this problem in my opinion would be that the 4 bosses in Ragnarak would definately drop green mats except in the rare case they give out a legendary. This ensures that every time you do a Rag run atleast 4 pieces of green mats drop+whatever the standard bots drop. The drops on an earlier boss may give out less chances for sort after mats i.e lumps but later on Thor and Odin would have higher chances of the more needed green mats
I have hit a wall with NI at the moment, Its just not worth the time anymore other than to talk to people in Teamspeak. I feel like any crafting project is just too unreachable at the moment. I can go plenty of rag runs getting nothing at all especially being a royal guard(which also means I do not even get extra gold for killing as i dont) Shielding is just not rewarding without getting green drops and my argument is why should I do this job and put all these hours in for others with no reward myself
WS_Bradapple = Chosen Marksmen
WS_Bradapple_II = Royal Guard
WS_Brad =Warden
WS_Peaky_Blinder = Thomas Shelby
(11-11-2013, 09:48 PM)Bradapple link Wrote:I have hit a wall with NI at the moment, Its just not worth the time anymore other than to talk to people in Teamspeak. I feel like any crafting project is just too unreachable at the moment. I can go plenty of rag runs getting nothing at all especially being a royal guard(which also means I do not even get extra gold for killing as i dont) Shielding is just not rewarding without getting green drops and my argument is why should I do this job and put all these hours in for others with no reward myself

haven't we all...
We're looking at implementing an entirely new mathematical what-not for the delivery of loot just now
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(11-11-2013, 11:26 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:We're looking at implementing an entirely new mathematical what-not for the delivery of loot just now

Great news.