Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Kill Points (NKP)
(05-12-2013, 05:23 PM)greekdragonkdl link Wrote: Or possibly (to keep the fun of random drops) when you enter in your NKP into the website, the website would randomly give you some green drops, all adding up to the worth of the NKP you entered. So you would still get the same value, but since you wouldn't for sure have any specific drop, it would still encourage player trading. Just an idea.

I like this idea. Use the kill points to roll a random drop. Still rewards people for their time without rewards being too stone set.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
couldn't be bothered to read the full post but if this is done can we have a random weapon box like on CoD zombies? Where it can provide anything from a short sword to a legendary?
Maybe instead of using a completely new points system we could use the faction points that I'm pretty sure some of us have in the thousands
Also *cough* Quests to complete for rare rewards including loot you can't find anywhere else!*cough* taken from the front page, this would actually become true, if say for 3k faction points you get a random legendary that you can't get from bosses or comedy items like the wedding dress etc.
(05-12-2013, 08:02 PM)Leturoa link Wrote: couldn't be bothered to read the full post but if this is done can we have a random weapon box like on CoD zombies? Where it can provide anything from a short sword to a legendary?

Pretty rude to try to add a suggestion to a feature request stating that you "couldn't be bothered to read it". If you want to contribute to the discussion then read it. If you're not going to read it don't post. It's not even very long.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
(05-12-2013, 08:29 PM)bossculeur link Wrote: [quote author=Leturoa link=topic=20410.msg154192#msg154192 date=1386273739]
couldn't be bothered to read the full post but if this is done can we have a random weapon box like on CoD zombies? Where it can provide anything from a short sword to a legendary?

Pretty rude to try to add a suggestion to a feature request stating that you "couldn't be bothered to read it". If you want to contribute to the discussion then read it. If you're not going to read it don't post. It's not even very long.
[/quote]
Its also pretty rude to play CoD.
A random weapons box put into every map would sometimes make things easier for players, particularly newer people who don't have the money for high tier gear. However, it would take away from the satisfaction and pride of having worked for weeks-months to obtain a high tier craftable on your own, or the hard work to finally loot a legendary. Seeing some brand new player able to walk up to a box on the map and pick up some CTS or Twigs or something would be a nuisance and disheartening to veteran players, as your hard work to get those weapons would then be kind of pointless. Yeah, I disagree with the random weapons box idea.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
(05-12-2013, 08:02 PM)Leturoa link Wrote: couldn't be bothered to read the full post but if this is done can we have a random weapon box like on CoD zombies? Where it can provide anything from a short sword to a legendary?

[Image: 2351]
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Could add a 20k or so charge to open these surprise weapon boxes
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(05-12-2013, 10:14 PM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote: Could add a 20k or so charge to open these surprise weapon boxes

lool, as if gold weren't scarce enough...
To avoid walls of text and spoiler markup, this will just reply to various posts.

This would supplement and not replace drops. Redeeming points for a combination of items that add up to the total value would defeat the purpose of reducing the randomness. The idea is to reward longevity and persistence, rather than leaving it up to the successive die rolls that the current system can be.

The new loot system is noted, but this could coexist. It should be noted that the aims of the two are different.

When you have a goal in mind, NI is already a pure grinding game. As a reminder, the motivation is that the"fun" of the randomness is also a source of the frustration.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.