Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Kill Points (NKP)
Why not using the FP's instead of NKP's?
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
cause for most of the quest you need to kill nords, and as a shielder/healer you hardly ever kill a nord
More replies:

it can just be simplified to bosses. I used 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 just because it naturally has many denominators (150 factors into 2[sup]1[/sup]3[sup]1[/sup]5[sup]2[/sup], and creating even numbers of complete runs being easy, e.g. 50, 75, 150, 300 for 1/3, 1/2, 1, 2 of a run).

You can use the existing FP system, but the idea was to add these as a type of accumulating xp (e.g. assist, which you would see with the assist xp line: "1000 Assist XP and 39 Gold and 50 FP" for Odin). This would also make it the same as assist xp radius.

As for leeching, there is always still admins, and no idea should be taken away just because leeching can allow people to benefit. If anything, the loopholes should be closed. For example, I doubt shared loot is going away, and there's always leechers getting green mats and legendaries undeservedly from that.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Uh another discussion about who deserves a drop....
At least this discussion makes a bit more sense.
But before you melt your brains with random numbers for items and enemies, think about the way you explained in general.
Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough.
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ? In which case would that be better than a random system ?
Do you really want to have all the items going in one direction ? I dont think so.

I understand your concern that people who don't play a lot don't get as much as those who do play a lot, but how is it not fair?
I mean, active players atm have a greater chance of getting drops than those who don't play as much, like you said yourself. Woudn't that also be unfair, if the NKP system is seen as an unfair advantage for active players?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Why should active players have the worst of lesser active ones?
Its a fact that people who invest alot of time into something should get more in return then people who dont.

I can understand that you dont want lesser active people falling completly behind on everyone that they dont have any impact in the game anymore, but with expensive armor upgrades that only give you for like example 2+ body armor i dont see active players having a massive advantage in the nearby future.

Its like a group project, why should people who put less effort into something share the same result as a person who invested alot of his time into it?  (which he could have spend on something else)
I feel like many of the people who have read the OP so far have misinterpreted how such a system would work (and correct me if I'm mistaken in my interpretation). Before arguing whether or not it should be implemented, and complaining about possible effects, let's make sure we're understanding the proposed system accurately.

If I'm reading this post correctly, the obtaining of loot from NKP would not be via the game client, rather it'd be done through the Nord Invasion website (similar to spending of Assist XP). Players will still get random loot in the normal fashion, but on top of that they will earn and be able to spend NKP in a newly implemented site-based marketplace.

One possible issue is that if such a system were implemented, the devs would directly influence the perceived value of drops by adding a NKP value to them. You can extrapolate from this effects on the NI economy on your own since I can't seem to think of the words to intelligently express why this could be an issue. Overall I am in support of having NKP, but the issue should be considered more deeply.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(12-12-2013, 12:07 PM)k4mi link Wrote: Uh another discussion about who deserves a drop....
At least this discussion makes a bit more sense.
But before you melt your brains with random numbers for items and enemies, think about the way you explained in general.
Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough.
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ? In which case would that be better than a random system ?
Do you really want to have all the items going in one direction ? I dont think so.

seems fair to me. shouldn't those that put more time and effort into the mod get further ahead than those who jump in for the odd hour or so there's a reason why they're called active players. this system however, still offers hope for those..."less active players". p.s. i thought the items we're going all "one direction" anyway...Tongue
First of all I also support this system.

But I think I've got a nice addition:
Next to the NKP's there should be a renown system.
Every player who kills a boss will receive RP's (renown points). (for example: Sargeant(5) Captain(10) Prince(100))
If you have enough RP's you will get a better rank. (I know it sounds pretty much like the FP's but the FP's are useless^^)
Everytime you unlock a new rank you will be able to "buy" more itmes with the NKP's. So not everyone who's grinding NKP's will be able to get the good stuff. They also have to do the "harder" work.

I think that would make the whole idea a littlebit more exciting.
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
What about shielders then, Vortegen?
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier