Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Prison Break Mode
Amazing paint skills Terath.  Smile

Now, instead of thinking about what reward the chest gives and other minor aspects, you may want to read again what Mr Awesome wrote.
Whilst sounding all fun and such, this idea is pretty flawed thanks to the empty-headed warband AI. Just take a look at the current behaviour of ranged bots, cavalry and obstacles, etc.
(22-12-2013, 09:57 AM)Mr_Awesome link Wrote: Stuff like this has come up in the past. While it sounds good and fun, The Warband AI bot has a problem with this sort of thing.
This AI is possible....Have you played the mod "Light and Darkness" before? There's a dungeon in which the AI works like sugested.
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
Yeah I played that mod quite abit and the bots are very smart at times.
(23-12-2013, 11:08 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: Amazing paint skills Terath.  Smile

Now, instead of thinking about what reward the chest gives and other minor aspects, you may want to read again what Mr Awesome wrote.
Whilst sounding all fun and such, this idea is pretty flawed thanks to the empty-headed warband AI. Just take a look at the current behaviour of ranged bots, cavalry and obstacles, etc.

Well, there is a mod called Light & Darkness for warband. The creator made it so that when you opened a door, I guess the NPC's were activated or something. I don't know, he made a dungeon type thing that works really well with chests and stuff all around, go ask him about it.

Quote: Stuff like this has come up in the past. While it sounds good and fun, The Warband AI bot has a problem with this sort of thing.

This AI is possible....Have you played the mod "Light and Darkness" before? There's a dungeon in which the AI works like sugested.
swear to god I didn't see your post before I started typing
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Yeah these all sound good.  We could even make the map a set of rooms locked by a portcullis so that the prisoners would not be swarmed by nords all at once.  They could set some sort of trigger for when you walk into a room the next room spawns like a wave of nords.
Hopefully this idea can get off the ground...
I like it, sounds like it could be alot of fun.

Its seems pretty doable too just needs the time and effort...and the server for it.

So its up to the devs if they want to put in the extra work (which I'm sure it will be quite a bit of extra work) for the new mode or continue on things that they think are of more importance.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
That sounds amazing! I think this would really add some more diversity to NI.
Sounds like a brilliant idea, if i could understand coding etc, then i would give it a go myself, and see about setting up a trial for the devs etc to give it a try and see if they want to incorporate it into the game or not, but sadly i am a technological retard and can barely  patch NI correctly.

i may have some friends who know stuff about coding, that may be interested in giving this a try, if the Dev's are O.K with it, then i can contact them and see if they will be interested in making a 'demo/ trial' for it?

Even if the dev's dont want me to contact my friends/ wish to do it themselves/ not do it at all, this is a brilliant idea, and i think it would breathe  new life into the game and community ( not saying the mod is bad, just saying that a little diversity can be a good thing).

hope this gets a thumbs up from the dev's, even if it does mean im waiting 2 years for it Tongue
I believe I made a similar post somewhere else on the forum, but I'll basically repeat it here. We are currently looking at fixing the game modes we have rather than creating another one. This is our current immediate goal.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus