Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What times would you like to play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Saturdays 6pm (GMT)
13.16%
15 13.16%
Saturdays 7pm (GMT)
11.40%
13 11.40%
Saturdays 8pm (GMT)
18.42%
21 18.42%
Saturdays 9pm (GMT)
17.54%
20 17.54%
Sundays 6pm (GMT)
13.16%
15 13.16%
Sundays 7pm (GMT)
9.65%
11 9.65%
Sundays 8pm (GMT)
11.40%
13 11.40%
Other (State in post)
5.26%
6 5.26%
Total 114 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nord Invasion (Weekly?) Event - TRIAL THREAD
Hello Community,

As some of you may or may not know, I used to play a lot of MM and there was always weekly events run during which hundreds of players come together and play.

I want to port this "event" mindset to Nord Invasion as we are supposed to be playing a teamwork based game. So I came up with the idea (how original) of having a weekly Nord Invasion event.

I have secured a Server for the event and I would like to get the first trial run of the event either this weekend or next weekend. Saturday or Sunday starting between 6-8PM GMT and probably running for 1-2 hours.

The way the event will work is that everyone will need to be in the teamspeak server (88.198.5.120:9990) at the start of the event, at which point there will be someone who has previously booked the rank of Captain who will be leading the defensive who will take over. The server password will be given and you will all pile in to get ready.

I am still working out the majority of the details myself as to how it would work but essentially it will be the responsibility of the Captain to organise where players will be stationed, where certain limited resources such as barricades will be placed and everything else to repel the Nords. The Captain will have a short time to organise their defence before the Nords attack.

I want to get an event running where everyone isn't just crowded into a 5 meter square with a shield wall but to actually have multiple lines of realistic strategic defence involving multiple players of multiple classes.

The event can be run on Normal Mode or Hardmode (Or both) dependant on how many players are interested and what their levels are

This thread is just to gauge interest, times and feedback so far. Nothing is set in stone, I will make more announcements as I decide on the details.

Please note that because of limitations, we will be doing several trials of the event before it becomes a weekly occurrence.

So essentially, please post here and vote in the poll if you would be interested in joining such an event and any feedback or comments you have regarding it. I am open to any suggestions. (Especially from any House Leaders interested in bringing some of their members to form specific squads)
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
VLKA is certainly interested but due to some geographic issues it might be difficult to join you.
Definitely interested, great initiative. I'm wondering though, for obvious reasons, if your server is an official one?
(10-04-2012, 06:13 PM)Kwal link Wrote: Definitely interested, great initiative. I'm wondering though, for obvious reasons, if your server is an official one?

Yes
Interested as well, though I live in the US so there might be latency/time issues.

I'm certainly interested Big Grin
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(10-04-2012, 06:30 PM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: Interested as well, though I live in the US so there might be latency/time issues.

same
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
Perhaps something could be arranged for our US/AUS players later on but I would like to get an EU event running first as that is where I am based.
Hypernoma leading the Followers checking in. We are happy to play any role you wish and I am happy to coordinate any defence you wish.

Playing on my MM days I was a sergeant for the 92nd and am now sitting in the reserve company as lance corporal until I find time to play again.

Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(10-04-2012, 11:53 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Hypernoma leading the Followers checking in. We are happy to play any role you wish and I am happy to coordinate any defence you wish.

Playing on my MM days I was a sergeant for the 92nd and am now sitting in the reserve company as lance corporal until I find time to play again.

Hooah!
"And it goes a little something like this..."