Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bow comparison
I've played for a long time Big Grin
Hey. Just wnated to bump this thread, sicne it still seems non-twink archers are stuck using Khergit bow once reaching rank 3, since longbow seems to be a downgrade. Any words on buffing it up?
There are no men like me. There's only me.
(12-04-2012, 12:02 AM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: Note: Buffing the longbow would mean buffing Nord Rangers.

Sent shivers up my spine that did. Even if it can be avoided.
Damn rangers.
Well, we could at least get another bow to buy at heavy longbowman level, that would be at least a half decent upgrade from the Khergit bow Sad
There are no men like me. There's only me.
(01-06-2012, 11:13 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: [quote author=Huscarlton_Banks link=topic=2656.msg22254#msg22254 date=1334188976]
Note: Buffing the longbow would mean buffing Nord Rangers.

Sent shivers up my spine that did. Even if it can be avoided.
Damn rangers.
[/quote]

Buff rangers? Ok doke Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
bring it on, id be happy to teach them how to shoot for youSmile
"I am most comfortable dealing death from the shadows"
And in case no one noticed it, long bow got a buff. It does damage 24 and speed of 80 (not sure of speed off of the top of my head, may be higher).
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

I have done some experimenting with the longbow and the khergit bow and have found that I consistently have higher kill rates with the longbow. I'm not sure if this is new since the buff and the khergit bow may still have a higher dps. However, the longbow only takes one hit to kill most of the starter spawns if you hit them straight in the chest and the khergit bow usually takes two hits to kill. So you can pretty much double the khergit bow's shooting time if you want to get an accurate idea of how fast it kills most troops compared to the longbow.
(08-11-2012, 07:54 PM)Haakon_the_Red link Wrote: I have done some experimenting with the longbow and the khergit bow and have found that I consistently have higher kill rates with the longbow. I'm not sure if this is new since the buff and the khergit bow may still have a higher dps. However, the longbow only takes one hit to kill most of the starter spawns if you hit them straight in the chest and the khergit bow usually takes two hits to kill. So you can pretty much double the khergit bow's shooting time if you want to get an accurate idea of how fast it kills most troops compared to the longbow.
Agreed, when I became heavy longbowman I felt an instant increase in my killrate. With the longbow I often had most kills on the server, more than actual snipers sometimes.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
Sh!t...now rangers get a buff -.- damt!! xD
Add me on Steam: xneoblasterx