Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

WTK: comparison of polearms
you forget snake spear is a blunt slashing weapon though , call me biased (cos i am) but i just love blunt weapons Big Grin
NickyJ: I'm doing a bed run.
NickyJ: And before you ask, no, you're not invited./
Hypernoma: "Scotshroom smells"
I know it's blunt and i really like it for that, but still in my opinion it's less useful than long awlpike:
1. If you're going to use it as a slashing weapon you'll need to take some good spot just behind the shield wall, because sneak spear is so short, thus taking slashing spot from some commando (who by definition wields weapon shorter than pikeman does). Same applies to swadian poleaxe and snake halberd (both are longer), but by crafting cost comparison swadian poleaxe is the best of these three.
2. You don't have a good control over mobs on the other side of the barricade, beacuse s. spear is so short. You have to do a lot of footing and hug the barricade. Any mistake and you're a dead pikeman.
3. It doesn't really matter how good it is in the open, as you don't have to use any melee weapon other than your throwables in the open as a pikeman (sic). You can't just charge into crowds on ragnarok or later hard waves and since you can kill nords with almost anything on normal s. spear looks more like an expensive toy more than a real weapon.
(21-01-2014, 08:49 AM)Bolt link Wrote: I know it's blunt and i really like it for that, but still in my opinion it's less useful than long awlpike:
1. If you're going to use it as a slashing weapon you'll need to take some good spot just behind the shield wall, because sneak spear is so short, thus taking slashing spot from some commando (who by definition wields weapon shorter than pikeman does). Same applies to swadian poleaxe and snake halberd (both are longer), but by crafting cost comparison swadian poleaxe is the best of these three.

Using snake spear as slashing weapon is bad, although taking slashing spots from commandos isn't such a big deal since majority of their weapons are crap (although snake spear is even more crap at slashing). Long awplike has 14 more length than snake spear and 6 damage less on stabs.

(21-01-2014, 08:49 AM)Bolt link Wrote: 2. You don't have a good control over mobs on the other side of the barricade, beacuse s. spear is so short. You have to do a lot of footing and hug the barricade. Any mistake and you're a dead pikeman.

Not really, only bots which can hit you over the cades are those with 2h weapons with insane length (great heavy long war axe, or whatever they're called). However, you will have to do a lot of footing.

(21-01-2014, 08:49 AM)Bolt link Wrote: 3. It doesn't really matter how good it is in the open, as you don't have to use any melee weapon other than your throwables in the open as a pikeman (sic). You can't just charge into crowds on ragnarok or later hard waves and since you can kill nords with almost anything on normal s. spear looks more like an expensive toy more than a real weapon.

Nah, when used properly snake spear outpreforms naval glaive on pure damage output (on 40+ armors, which is anything on hard or rag), you can even 1 shot einharjaar archers if you know how to use it. Like all stabbing weapons, it has insane damage potential but it's rather awkward to use. Also, I have seen stabbing weapons used properly on this mod about 2 times, so if you don't know how to do it rather stick with swadian halberd.
Well, i'm more like a stabber than a slasher myself, but that negative speed bonus is just something that i wouldn't think of if it wasn't for you Tongue Still i think snake spear is overpriced.
That's why you use only downstab while moving forwards and stabbing :p Upper stab is only useful when moving backwards or standing still :S

If snake spear got buffed it'll get dangerously close in stats to legendary stabby polearms, but right now it isn't really worth it.