Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me!
Mercenaries. There has to be some variety.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
thats what i was going for , there isnt enough variety in only nord troops really...
We have the Eastern Mercenaries... But...maybe more types would be nice.
Start the game already!
yes i agree mercs seen as though we have slaughtered 15,278,832 and counting they are running low of troops to send against us so they are mass employing mercs to do there dirty work
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
(29-03-2012, 12:33 PM)Kwal link Wrote: You remember incorrectly, that's the D&D version, not the Norse (or Germanic) mythology.

I do *not* remember incorrectly. Ever seen the Lord of the Rings movies? Gimli the Dwarf? *That's* a dwarf from D&D.
SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
Actually DnD dwarves come from LOTR.
I meant to say, if you remember them coming from Norse mythology in that fashion, you probably either remember incorrectly or you've read the wrong sources. And what bob said.
(01-04-2012, 12:19 PM)bobthehero link Wrote: Actually DnD dwarves come from LOTR.

Yeah. Sorry, I meant that to say that's what a D&D dwarf looks like. And, Kwal, every source I've ever read on Norse mythology that I can remember (which is a holy living shitload) mentioning dwarves made them out to be small, ugly, greedy little creatures with insane skills with metalwork.
SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
There have been some later depictions of them like that (that weren't from the cultures which believed in that mythology) which is a reason for some scholars to assume that is the way they were imagined in Norse mythology. However reading the sagas I can't find them depicted as those greedy, ugly things (although they can be greedy and ugly, just not as a standard). Anyway this won't go anywhere if we don't bring proper sources and I can't really be arsed to go after that Tongue
Keep the topic on track about enemy troops lads, not what dwarves look like.