Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hand Ballista
Crossbow men seem very under powered at top teir (Discounting their melee capabilities, which is certainly acceptable), I suggest a larger crossbow that could maybe smash through shields? Deliver blunt damage and have the added chance to knock people over. I think this could add more of a crowd control element to the game (Something very much needed if this game is to become more challenging and fun).

Thoughts?
Xbowmen are fine.
XBows already got a chance to penetrate shields.
Sharpshooters are fine.
My only problem are the low 4 athletics.
Every low tier bot can outrun you.
Two types of crossbow (ballista) could be added to the game as Tier 4 options.  One is a crossbow with a top mounted "magazine" that held bolts for faster loading.  This design was used in china mostly.  Another design of crossbow fired pellets rather then bolts.  This design sometimes used a barrel, and functioned simular to a slingshot.  Both are a bit exotic in concept, but could both be added easily due to existing game features.

As far as running speed I think crossbow users are set up rather well.  Your meduim armor, and honestly heavier weapons, would leave you running slower.  But since crossbow were so easy to train with there was more time to spend learning melee combat as well.  So honestly rather then running like an archer a crossbow weilder would more likely stand their ground to fight.  Granted no one should survive 10 angry Nords at once, but I bet on a crossbowman over an archer in those odds.

Another idea that might work I found while researching crossbows.  Stationary crossbows, usually mounted on stands/poles, were commonly used.  Maybe a deployable crossbow/ballista could be added to the engineer class.  Not overly accurate, and some fired multiple shots.  Might be an interesting new game play feature.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
I support ballistaes!
(05-05-2012, 01:40 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: I support ballistaes!
Just got out of prison after attacking a man on New years eve. Excuse me for getting nervous while an Arab was counting down from ten.

What's the difference between a black and a white fairy tale?
White begins, "once upon a time,"
black begins, "y'all motherf*ckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"
Isn't this a feature request?
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
They are onto us!
[ --- Insert Custom Signature Here <----- ]
(12-05-2012, 09:02 PM)Senni link Wrote: Isn't this a feature request?

if not, let it become one hehe, we could own stupid nords easily Tongue
Add me on Steam: xneoblasterx
I say lets have those earlier mentioned repeating xbows. Big Grin
(52) Sharpshooter: TrG_Ser_Karel_Mormont.[Image: crossbow.png]
(41) Pikeman: TrG_Ser_Laurent_Mormont.[Image: legion_spear.png]
(40) Commando: TrG_WarriorPriest_Grimm.[Image: sword.png]