Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Destroy map- swadian overgrown
I know. but why the clan VLKA You can arrange the server and the other can not?
Because they ask...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(03-06-2012, 03:03 PM)Phalangite_ANGEL_Alexande link Wrote: I know. but why the clan VLKA You can arrange the server and the other can not?

I am getting fed up of you. I have never said others cannot use servers. VLKA ask. Nobody else has. It does not cost money. Just civility.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
What do servers have anything to do with anything? We're talking about maps here.

1. THERE ARE NO PRIVATE SERVERS; however, any house can request passworded servers for scheduled private events. For instance, PA used it for this Prince run and CC held an event just this weekend. I have also been promoting this reserve-a-server feature in my Prince/Thor challenge threads, which have thousands of views by now and thus is clearly no secret. VLKA has no special advantage here despite sponsoring the official AUS servers; as a fairly active house we do, however, generally hold 2-3 weekly events using this feature.

2. Prince farming on Overgrown was all done on open, unpassworded servers. I linked to the redCode players starting to farm Overgrown a month ago on the EU servers, and as a reference, here's a screenshot of one of my solo Prince kills:

[img2]http://i48.tinypic.com/2h4g8zq.jpg[/img2]

You can clearly see:
  • There was a large team present before this point, due to the large number of kills/deaths on the Nord side of the scoreboard. I was simply the last person remaining on the team and everyone else died and got tired of watching me kite.
  • There is no password and other people are clearly jumping in and dropping off the server, as you can tell from the dead spectators.
  • It is rather trivial to solo kill the Prince on the pre-change Overgrown, as you can tell by the rock kill.
  • My ping from the US to this particular EU server is not that great, so great ping isn't required to farm the Prince
  • There's nothing special lootwise for killing the Prince solo, as you can see from my lack of loot.
The fact that this requires zero teamwork beyond merely surviving until the end illustrates exactly why the map change was necessary.

3. Players still make it to Prince and Odin on maps as long as they coordinate their efforts. I was on an EU server just a few days ago when we killed Odin on Outskirts -- no TeamSpeak, no special coordination, nothing except people playing their roles properly. In fact, being based in the EU is an advantage because on average, EU players are much better equipped and more experienced than the average NA or AU player.

In conclusion: if you want to kill the Prince (or Odin) on this map or any map, get organized. If you don't want to be bothered by newbies, schedule a private event. And if a map doesn't require teamwork to beat, expect it to be changed.
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
To add more raging and MASSIVE WHINING, I will update servers with edited Outskirts so prepare for it.
And Alexander,, shut up. Nobody CAN'T get private servers anymore in this mod.

Locking this madhouse.