Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shield Stat Tweaks/Buff Swadian Resilience
*Studded Kite shield = Studded Steel Shield, apologies.
Some things to consider:
1) All were calculated with 50 base damage, 30 strength, 8 powerstrike, and 180 weapon proficiency
2) Resilience performs 3rd best against pierce weapons, 3rd best against blunt weapons, and 3rd best against Cut weapons.
3) In all cases the Dragon kite shield comes in 4th, it is objectively the worst of them all, though no one ever complains about that.
4) Bonus against shields, as mentioned, simply doubles the damage after armor, so all these numbers need only be halved to calculate hits with bonus against shields.
5) Aegis shield takes overall first place, losing only against cut weapons. This is perfectly fine as it is the Shielding hero exclusive, as Winter said.
6) I have not calculated it, but I don't doubt the Royal shield beats the Resilience, this is either because the royal shield is too strong, or because the Resilience and Dragon kite shield are too weak. The second explanation is probably the more correct one.

As to what can be done to correct this, I am positive those in charge of balance have considered much and done the best they can, and the result will probably be satisfactory.
^ Nice work Harlaus!
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
Yep, nice work.
greekdragonkdl, use the Warband wiki with care as everything is not always 100% correct (It's sometimes explained simply).

(11-07-2014, 11:57 PM)greekdragonkdl link Wrote: Swadian Resilience Stats:
Resistance(body armor): 41
Hit points: 1400
Speed: 89
Shield Height: 70
Weapon length: 35

Royal Shield Stats:
Resistance(body armor): 45
Hit points: 1250
Speed: 90
Shield Height: 50
Weapon length: 30
You mentioned that yourself, but you don't say a word about this !? Why would the Swadian Resilience need a buff because of the number of hits it takes to destroy it, whereas its height and width are much better ? The matter is the same for the Tower shield.
Size does not matter a lot at melee, but a lot of shielders die because of Rangers shooting arrows on their head/feet the shield can't cover, you should remember that.

Though I'm not against a standardisation of the shield resistances. But from what has been said in this topic= I believe it is only a light matter.

I have had the Resilience for 2 days now and i have already got shot in the head with it up yesterday.  Also about the Dragon kite shield i have never seen that one in game.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Much better to have a medium size shield that lasts longer before breaking than a large shield that breaks easy. And my quote about the bonus about shield modifier being incorrect only furthers my point. That means the resilience is behind both the aegis and royal in pretty much all cases.

I'm fine with the shield not being as good as aegis or royal, but if so, it shouldn't cost as much. Why have items in game that cost the same with only two ever really crafted due to stats. As Q said nobody makes dragon kite shields. There should be some sort of incentive to craft a shield like that, whether it be cost, stats, or usability by multiple classes or tiers
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike