Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Pikeman melee rebalance proposal.
why cant we throw spears like this Big Grin

http://youtu.be/A2P6xhGNuwU?t=1m
pikemen have to have better throwing skills for hitting enemy from further away, thats why,I agree with Ryu,

and even archers can have better armours than pikemen!!! eg red tunic over mail gives 40 to body, if you are h.longbowman, you can have it, but in same tier of skirmisher class you can use a crafting armor which gives to body armor only 30

archer class must hit from many range but skirmisher class have to hit nearby to gain 130000 melee xp for being a pikeman

who must hit from further dont need better armors than who must hit nearby of many crazy nords!!!

thats why in lanseril's great sight, pikemen class seems the worst
Thanks Ryu and Lanseril for their long posts, but my eyes became senile and i got dizzy while i was reading these 2 long posts
(13-06-2012, 03:29 AM)Nitrox link Wrote:why cant we throw spears like this Big Grin

http://youtu.be/A2P6xhGNuwU?t=1m

You can now Smile
(09-06-2012, 06:42 PM)Ryu link Wrote:Give us more open maps where we can kite while giving Pikeman more speed, more accuracy with throwing and maybe "shield damager" ability.
  Big Grin That is a good suggestion Big Grin
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
When fast runners bacame new horses ? ?
We don't want players to run and kite bots and solo whole game alone. NOT going to happen.
I think Pikemen are pretty decent now, just slash behind a 2h infantry slasher since they don't get back-reflected anymore.

If you aim carefully you can also throw slighty above the shoulders of your shield wall and hit nords in front, since thrown weapons fall faster than arrows/bolts.

Only thing I'd change is exchange of athletics for power strike or melee proficiency or more armor, and maybe give them the same no back-reflection treatment as infantry.

Somewhat offtopic:
Going from singleplayer item menu, Dragon Halberd seems to be missing bonus against shields, though I think only Ryuu has one so far.
Same goes for the Twigs of Yggdrasil.
Maybe the ranged side of pikeman but im still hoping for a melee balance.