Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

WTK Better Shield For RG
(20-10-2014, 01:59 AM)Killer link Wrote: [quote author=greekdragonkdl link=topic=33349.msg203159#msg203159 date=1413769463]
Aegis shield is a hero locked shield, so it is inherently better than all the commando shields, like the resilience. However, if you plan on having a Zweihander or Legionnaire alt, and don't want to invest in a 2nd good shield, then a Royal Shield or a Swadian Resilience would be best as you could use them on all your infantry characters rather than just Royal Guard, plus those shields are slightly cheaper. Note that Pavise Champion (Xbow hero) can also use Aegis shield.
yes i know all of that but I'm trying to ask which stat would i want more of, more hitpoints for the shield or more armor rating for the shield, thanks for ur response tho and i think i may plan on making a zweihander but idk yet
[/quote]

There's some kind of formula of how shield resistance effects damage done to hitpoints when a bot hits the shield, but can't remember what that was. I do know that aegis is better due to higher shield resistance, despite the lower hitpoints compared to the resilience. Harlaus has some sort of formula for this I believe.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
(20-10-2014, 02:24 AM)greekdragonkdl link Wrote: [quote author=Killer link=topic=33349.msg203164#msg203164 date=1413770397]
[quote author=greekdragonkdl link=topic=33349.msg203159#msg203159 date=1413769463]
Aegis shield is a hero locked shield, so it is inherently better than all the commando shields, like the resilience. However, if you plan on having a Zweihander or Legionnaire alt, and don't want to invest in a 2nd good shield, then a Royal Shield or a Swadian Resilience would be best as you could use them on all your infantry characters rather than just Royal Guard, plus those shields are slightly cheaper. Note that Pavise Champion (Xbow hero) can also use Aegis shield.
yes i know all of that but I'm trying to ask which stat would i want more of, more hitpoints for the shield or more armor rating for the shield, thanks for ur response tho and i think i may plan on making a zweihander but idk yet
[/quote]

There's some kind of formula of how shield resistance effects damage done to hitpoints when a bot hits the shield, but can't remember what that was. I do know that aegis is better due to higher shield resistance, despite the lower hitpoints compared to the resilience. Harlaus has some sort of formula for this I believe.
[/quote] if my knowledge is correct i would think most nords have axes or axe like weapons that get bonus against shield which eliminates the resistance part or at least decreases it, at least this is how it works in other mods if I'm right but if it works differently in this mod it'd be nice to know and ill look to see if i can find that formula
AFG

This was Harlaus's post:
This was with 0.6.1 stats, of course. The Resilience has had a buff since.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(20-10-2014, 11:13 AM)Killer link Wrote: if my knowledge is correct i would think most nords have axes or axe like weapons that get bonus against shield which eliminates the resistance part or at least decreases it, at least this is how it works in other mods if I'm right but if it works differently in this mod it'd be nice to know and ill look to see if i can find that formula

no worries bud I got ya covered. it don't do that.
it doubles the damage vs shields probably at the end of the equation, it'd be weird any place else.
acc to banks resistance is just subtraction but that wasn't what I found. not what I found in tests either I think. I can't remember exactly it was a while ago but im pretty sure. theres a lot of information out there but like 90% of its shit. this could be shit. Take it for what you will.

would encourage one of you to get some tests run and put it someplace that's easy to find so people aren't running left and right looking for the answers and getting wrong ones. gl hope u do that. u probably won't, don't blame you.

(20-10-2014, 03:38 PM)Maroon link Wrote: This was Harlaus's post:
[/quote]

yeah I think winter has a copy of stats from the last or 2nd last beta that u could beg him for. might be out of date but better than nothing I think.
(22-10-2014, 07:05 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: [quote author=Killer link=topic=33349.msg203209#msg203209 date=1413803634]
if my knowledge is correct i would think most nords have axes or axe like weapons that get bonus against shield which eliminates the resistance part or at least decreases it, at least this is how it works in other mods if I'm right but if it works differently in this mod it'd be nice to know and ill look to see if i can find that formula

no worries bud I got ya covered. it don't do that.
it doubles the damage vs shields probably at the end of the equation, it'd be weird any place else.
acc to banks resistance is just subtraction but that wasn't what I found. not what I found in tests either I think. I can't remember exactly it was a while ago but im pretty sure. theres a lot of information out there but like 90% of its shit. this could be shit. Take it for what you will.

would encourage one of you to get some tests run and put it someplace that's easy to find so people aren't running left and right looking for the answers and getting wrong ones. gl hope u do that. u probably won't, don't blame you.

(20-10-2014, 03:38 PM)Maroon link Wrote: This was Harlaus's post:
[/quote]

yeah I think winter has a copy of stats from the last or 2nd last beta that u could beg him for. might be out of date but better than nothing I think.
[/quote] ok thanks
AFG