Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hired Assassins are Awesome
Hello I am KnightRider.
My hate towards the Hired Assasins is something that you can not describe through words.
Let me put it out like this to you, it gets me frustated and annoyed. I feel like I would want to stop playing the whole mod kick on the side of my pc and spit on the screen while screaming fuck you!
I tend to not whine about some parts in games etc, but this.. this is something so flawed that I can feel the iron nails of the cupcake I'm eating.

First of all, The Assasins.. While it sounds fun it is [glow=red,2,300]NOT[/glow]
1. You fend of waves and waves of nords, then it's time for boss wave you and some one else is the only one alive others respawn and also the scum of the world decides to spawn behind you (It really is always behind me so as long as you are in server with me you are safe) as if you would be a magnet. They rape you like a little helpless kitten. Every one else survived you are dead.. Feels great to wait another 5 waves to get back in to the game? gee.. it fucking paid off to survive all those waves.
[move]You - Assasins[/move]
2. Try to run away no matter what they will always catch you, heck they can even catch up a slow horse so what's the point of running? If you even manage to get this far.
3. Be an archer - Assasins spawns behind you - switch bow to a melee weapon - Get ready to block - Try to hit the assasin - get swarmed by assasins - Be dead.
I second Lav's sentiments. To add to that, I feel no more than two assassins should be able to spawn on one person at once. 4 seems to be overkill, and will even kill a commando with full armor, so I don't see how archers or lower level players could deal with it. It is essentially a death sentence.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(26-12-2011, 10:10 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I second Lav's sentiments. To add to that, I feel no more than two assassins should be able to spawn on one person at once. 4 seems to be overkill, and will even kill a commando with full armor, so I don't see how archers or lower level players could deal with it. It is essentially a death sentence.

BUT it is Hilarious if it doesn't happen to you. So....
(26-12-2011, 09:02 PM)KnightRider link Wrote: Hello I am KnightRider.
My hate towards the Hired Assasins is something that you can not describe through words.
Let me put it out like this to you, it gets me frustated and annoyed. I feel like I would want to stop playing the whole mod kick on the side of my pc and spit on the screen while screaming fuck you!
I tend to not whine about some parts in games etc, but this.. this is something so flawed that I can feel the iron nails of the cupcake I'm eating.

I think you just described it.  Wink

I understand your frustration though. Hired assassins can really ruin a good run especially when they spawn one wave after the next. THey should be more rare and not happen on the 9th and the 10th and the 11th wave.. etc etc. Its annoying.

I do think they should stay but just be a bit more rare. And I do like the low lvl restrictions even if it means they'd target me more. A low lvl recruit has very very little chance of surviving an assassin versus a commando, especially when 4 spawn on them then their chances go in the negative. Yes they go past 0% to go into the red just because they are that screwed.
Quote:I do like the low lvl restrictions even if it means they'd target me more.
Ahh this is the reason the assasins target me.
(27-12-2011, 01:28 PM)KnightRider link Wrote:
Quote:I do like the low lvl restrictions even if it means they'd target me more.
Ahh this is the reason the assasins target me.
That may be so, but I still found all 4 assassins spawning on me last night, and I'm only a lowly infantry. I think that there should be a limit on how many assassins spawn on a player based on his level, so that if your the last man standing and your only a recruit, you a least have a CHANCE to make it, if you play it right. As someone said earlier, 4 assassins is enough to kill a commando, and on us low tier players it's just ridiculous.
I often post off a mobile, so please excuse me for my occasional bad paragraphing and spelling
Had an interesting encounter with around 12 assassins (seemed more but, don't want to exaggerate Big Grin) which spawned on the spawn wave and anihilated the majority of players in one huge orange wave Tongue.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
The assassins have been nerfed quite abit so keep us updated on them and what you still think.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
(02-01-2012, 10:32 AM)Logics link Wrote: The assassins have been nerfed quite abit so keep us updated on them and what you still think.
Hath tho drops been nerfd as well? If so please return back to the old redshirt pwning was Tongue