Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Steam Scam/Virus
Nah I'll start playing hide and seek with virus tommorow. I need to know where he'll hide when I run his file with admin power. Atm I don't need this pc and I have 3 days free of work so I have nothing better to do Wink
(08-11-2014, 11:26 PM)Renji link Wrote:[quote author=Maroon link=topic=35186.msg206757#msg206757 date=1415487769]
Alright, thanks for the info, Blacksniper, I was being a bit too snappy there.

You see what half of us replied to you with? Lol. Bot Maroon might not be pleased.
[/quote]

Yes, it was only that one message that was sent the moment I clicked the file.The moment afterwards I had control again, and yes, I saw all the yea right's and wtf's. Tongue

Edit: Do let me know what you find, Oromë, perhaps I can do something with it as well.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(08-11-2014, 10:36 PM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote:This virus doesn't attack Steam only.
It uses Steam to get to other pc's.

If you download it AND open it,
you will get a Trojan Horse.

It has access to all your files.
All registered accounts are visible now.
Email, bank, forums etc. No account is safe.

Make sure you use alot of virus scanners and
mayby reinstall your pc. Open it and you have big trouble.

PS Maroon it can also see your accounts. Be aware!
Why should it only share itself if it doesn't do any "visible" effect.
Using alot of different virus scanners is not always a good idea, since they may see each other as potential threats.
aka anti virus programs
And they slow down computer.
If you have a good computer technician than there is no need to reinstall your system.  I run a computer shop and have not had to reinstall a system yet. 

I have had over the past week 2 computers with Virus's that locked the computers down completely.  I have removed both of those virus's.

Also Tjav,  There are plenty of Virus scanners that are not a Anti-Virus software.  Malwarebytes anti-malware does a excellent job of finding all types of malware, and does not conflict with any legitimate anti-virus software i know of.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

With that I didn't mean you should download
by example 6 different virua scanners. They
will work against eachother. I mean that you need
to scan your pc with different ones, remove the ones
you use and download another. Reinstalling pc is best,
but a pc show might have different ways to solve it.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(09-11-2014, 12:11 AM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote:Reinstalling pc is best,
but a pc show might have different ways to solve it.
Completely reinstalling to me feels like chopping a man's arm of because of a scratch he has. Tongue If there's another solution, I'd rather take that instead.
I'm not at all experienced in dealing with malware, so is there a specific piece of software you'd recommend, Q?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
First thing I recommend is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, than Hitman Pro.  Both have a free and a paid version.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is best option but I'd recommend making OTL and FRST scans and sending them to people who actually know how to read them (your don't want to delete clear OS files), then I'd use CCleaner. ( It works for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 ). Simpliest way to delete virus is already mentioned by Q taking computer to good technican.

Even after opening virus file as an admin virus is doing nothing and I can't find it anywhere, so possibly Linux is safe from that kind of viruses(don't run your system as an admin if you dont have to next virus can be more clever)
(08-11-2014, 11:08 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:Or just take it to your local computer repair shop.  Seriously there are very few Virus's that cannot be removed by a good technician. 

On another note, I think Microsoft got hacked this week, and that is what is causing this I think.  I had a costumer call me, the day I heard about this Virus going around steam,  Saying that he had gotten called from people claiming to be from Microsoft, and saying that he had gotten hacked and needed to let the caller remote in to their system to fix it.  The costumer hung up on them and called me here at the shop about it.

lmao lmao lmao gr8 m8