Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Various ideas
(30-01-2015, 01:14 PM)Slayer link Wrote: [quote author=Jalau link=topic=39077.msg218286#msg218286 date=1422622021]
[quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218285#msg218285 date=1422621316]

I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

Thats whats my server browser is for. For me I just activate the notify sound and almost everytime get in with just watching youtube videos on my second screen Wink
[/quote]

Notify sound?
[/quote]
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...14633.html
(30-01-2015, 01:56 PM)Soviet link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=39077.msg218290#msg218290 date=1422623667]
[quote author=Jalau link=topic=39077.msg218286#msg218286 date=1422622021]
[quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218285#msg218285 date=1422621316]

I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

Thats whats my server browser is for. For me I just activate the notify sound and almost everytime get in with just watching youtube videos on my second screen Wink
[/quote]

Notify sound?
[/quote]
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...14633.html
[/quote]

You were waaay faster then me Big Grin
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: A lot of niew players stop playing NordInvasion because of the lack of money/gear. " It takes too long to have a proper gear ".
Imo, that could be a nice way to encourage new players to stay on NI.

Research a nice place called Zimbabwe.  Pumping more money into the economy would not really make it easier for new players to purchase new stuff, it would only drive prices up.  Everyone would get these money drops, not just new players, and this would raise the price on everything.  It may work for a small amount of time, but the price of items would catch up.

(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: Solving this problem isn't easy at all, but as i said before, creating a new material which include some basic mats like for example 1 Eagle Feathers + 5 Raven Feathers to craft a Royal Feather could remove the low prices from AH.

Not all materials are meant to be expensive.  That being said, there is a large chance that many of the items you have mentioned will be used in a few future recipes Wink  You also need to remember that the economy here is player driven.  Players buy and sell at prices they decide are acceptable.  Raising the drop rate on something often does little to change the price unless extreme measures are taken and made public knowledge.  Since the community is small, prices are volatile.  As you have probably noticed, whenever new recipes are added the items involved shoot up in price as everyone tries to buy them at once to make new items, then the prices fall back down when most people are finished buying.

(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

You could always gather some friends and start playing on another server.  This is why we have multiple servers.  With the way Warband works, a server queue isn't possible anyways.

(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: I agree with you, wave 18 is fine because it allows us to have a chance for a Hurricane Bow ( + sulphur ). But i don't understand why the 18th wave on the normal mode ( Fatsods ) could be considered as harder than the Snipers Wave on the Ragnarok mode.

Many waves could be considered harder based on content of the wave and assets of the team.  Try playing wave 18 without good ranged players with legendary gear, then try fighting Fatsods on a team with good Commandos that have hammers.  The point is that the Normal runs you reference most likely don't have a strong Commando line, but the Ragnarok runs you are thinking of are most likely events or other organized runs with good ranged characters using legendary weapons.  Obviously difficulty of the wave should scale with the mode, so we shouldn't expect the best gear to always be on Normal or for terrible gear to be on Ragnarok, but this does illustrate my point.  People often say Ragnarok is too easy, but they don't take into consideration that they are playing with all of the best equipment available.  If you spend some time on a team of averagely geared players (No legendaries, maybe a few decent house crafted items and T4 support) a lot of waves you thought were easy will suddenly become very difficult.
Most of these ideas are just like "da fuq?"  It's not even worth specifically responding to each one in turn.

In response to Winter's Zimbabwe research suggestion:  WTB: Hourglass Gauntlets - Paying 10 million gold.
(30-01-2015, 09:22 PM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218285#msg218285 date=1422621316]
A lot of niew players stop playing NordInvasion because of the lack of money/gear. " It takes too long to have a proper gear ".
Imo, that could be a nice way to encourage new players to stay on NI.

Pumping more money into the economy would not really make it easier for new players to purchase new stuff, it would only drive prices up.  Everyone would get these money drops, not just new players, and this would raise the price on everything.  It may work for a small amount of time, but the price of items would catch up. [/quote]

That's not what i meant. I don't really want a bot to give me 10k. I would like to replace Sparky Necklace with gold. It wouldn't raise up the prices at all since the use of this mat is to be sold in the Marketplace. Instead of looting a mat which is useless, i would prefer looting gold ( for the same value ). So if we take Sparkly necklace as an example, i think it's better for a bot to drop 434 gold than a Sparkly Necklace. New players ( that are not aware they can sell it for 434 gold in the Marketplace ) would have instantly the gold and that would prevent them to sell it for 200g on the AH.

(30-01-2015, 09:22 PM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218285#msg218285 date=1422621316]
Solving this problem isn't easy at all, but as i said before, creating a new material which include some basic mats like for example 1 Eagle Feathers + 5 Raven Feathers to craft a Royal Feather could remove the low prices from AH.

That being said, there is a large chance that many of the items you have mentioned will be used in a few future recipes Wink. [/quote]

Ok, thanks a lot. That's what i was asking for =)

(30-01-2015, 09:22 PM)Winter link Wrote: Raising the drop rate on something often does little to change the price unless extreme measures are taken and made public knowledge.

I don't want to raise the drop rate. I would like to find a relevant use for each material because there are some mats which are not enough used.

I agree with you, wave 18 is fine because it allows us to have a chance for a Hurricane Bow ( + sulphur ). But i don't understand why the 18th wave on the normal mode ( Fatsods ) could be considered as harder than the Snipers Wave on the Ragnarok mode.

People often say Ragnarok is too easy, but they don't take into consideration that they are playing with all of the best equipment available.[/quote]

That's a good point.

(30-01-2015, 09:58 PM)Bearstronaut link Wrote: Most of these ideas are just like "da fuq?"  It's not even worth specifically responding to each one in turn.

In response to Winter's Zimbabwe research suggestion:  WTB: Hourglass Gauntlets - Paying 10 million gold.

Thank you for this useless post and thank you for arguing.
I don't care if you don't like my ideas but please make an effort and explain why.
I mean, telling me that's a shitty post doesn't bring any interest to the " debate " if it's destitute of explanations.
Quote:- Being able to craft chains links, construction tools, processed wood, Skull Fragment quicker ( I'm too lazy to spend half an hour in crafting ).

There is a pretty simple way to craft multiple items at once and I don't believe it is against the rules.  Although if the Devs wanted to normalize crafting times I guess I wouldn't be opposed conversely though if low level items take small amounts of time shouldn't high level items take more?

Quote:- The Dragon Halberd should be available on horse. Why ? Because the Dragon halberd is the only polearm with which you can't stab ( You can do it with Sun Pike, Thunder Pike, Pike of Kings, Dragon spear ) and which is not usable on horse. ( You can't stab with the naval glaive but it's usable on horse for example ).

I agree with the general idea.  More polearms need to be useable on horseback.  The complete revamp or at least some serious tweaking of Cav mode in general could go along with this.

Quote:- On the website, in " quests ", there should be a shortcut ( called "Next" ) to check our quests faster.

Please elaborate.  As the suggestion stands it sounds like needless bloat and completely unnecessary.

Quote:- We shouldn't be able to craft Hardened leather anymore/ We shouldn't be able to loot Hardened leather anymore.

I thought they removed it as a drop.  So it makes sense that we can craft it since it is still needed for certain recipes.  Don't really understand this one.

Quote:- We should find a way to make the following materials ( more ) useful : bear fur ; zinc shards, raven feather, bone shard, mixed glue, mystic charm, sparkly necklace, antiseptic cloth, bone powder, woven steel, twisted string. They worth almost nothing so adding 200x Sparkly Necklace or 50x bear fur to a recipe for example would make them useful.

I'm going to have to agree to a point.  Some of the mats do seem to be under represented across the crafting system.  Why don't you make some models for the Pikeman stuff you suggested and then suggest crafting costs with things like zinc shards or bear fur for these new items.  Please do your research beforehand and make sure the costs are relative.  Some of the mats though are unique and make sense for what they are like Twisted String for instance.  Bone Shards and Mixed Glue?  Those are used in many many recipes so I don't understand your inclusion of those and others like them however.

Quote:- Nords could  drop money. For example : You found 300g gold.

No.  I despise inflation.  Leave gold as it is.

Quote:- There could  be some craftable boots or gaunlets for Pikeman. At the moment you can only buy these things on AH. ( Already suggested )

I fully support this.  Multiple people have requested this type of thing and basically the answer always is, "We need models."  Make some models that match with a multitude of end game armors and I'm sure the Devs would love to implement them.

Quote:- Showing the reward from the Quest we just finished.

I like this idea.  Makes complete sense.  You already receive a message telling you that you completed the quest.  Why shouldn't it include what you actually did to complete the quest?

Quote:- Set up a kind of join queue mechanism : This would be in the form of a straight queue, with no prioritization. The first person to join the queue will be first to join the server when there is room available.
P.S. : I can feel that will be a controversial subject. Tongue

I already suggested reserve server slots for donators and people hated it.  This is a similar idea but minus donator preference obviously.  It seems like 16 slots is the limit.  A queue system wouldn't be possible as I understand it and is basically the same thing as hidden slots which the system just can't support.  Again as I understand it, I could be completely wrong.

Quote:- The 18th wave in ragnarok should be buffed. At the moment, Sniper's wave (18) is easier than Follower's wave (6).

That's relative I believe.  Recently I have been one shot in some of the best gear on the game with my shield up from Snipers.  The vast majority of the time though I can see your point.  But like Winter noted; Try playing against Fatsods or Princess with weak Commandos, poor shields, and no hammers.

Quote:- Creating a new support item : The " Boody Trap ". It would work as the same way as the traps in Hyper's Hell but for the Nords. We would place our " boody trap " wherever we want and the Nords would fall on this trap. It could be a trap which kills the bot(s) or it also could be a trap which doesn't kill them but makes them harmless or in any case, immobile ( a kind of trapping pit for Humans ).
Thanks to these traps, you would earn xp/loot and it would be used to kill the 4-5 fastest bots and not in the intention to make a short-range damage ( that would make the diffenrece with the barrel ). It would be better if it's not usable on boss waves ( Bosses are often faster than Nords ).

You mean "booby" trap first of all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby_trap  While an interesting idea I feel that Ragnarok mode is already easy enough at this point.  Caltrops and this could be useful for causing status effects such as slowness or other attribute effects but like I said before the game modes we have are already easy enough.  All Nords would need a big buff to account for these items. 

On the other hand I suppose you could add a third support class named "Traps" and add caltrops and these to it.  Make it only learnable by Bards who can also sing to create unique status effects for friends and enemies.