Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Alchemist Ability Ideas
Well currently we have horse summoning and cursed stones. Which both as I said seem pretty magical so I thought about explanding upon that.

Any other ideas what to do with Alchemists?
(20-12-2011, 10:23 PM)Kwal link Wrote: since at this point they literally have nothing else useful except for horses they can make

Ponies are not very useful and to make the trained pony which is practically just a saddle horse, you not only need a shitload of time to get to the level where you can make them, you also get a mediocre horse that's not even that good.

I try to level up Alchemy as much as I can, I buy mats and stuff and I'm not even close to being able to craft a trained pony but I'm already riding on a desert horse.

I can deal with a very low amount of occult stuff, but full on summoning? Count me out.
I think its the same for all crafting

as an armour smith im just starting to craft leather armor but am already wearing a cuir bouli..
When I crafted Cursed Stones they were very helpful (and still are), also I made ponies for a few House members and myself and I will do the same when I can craft trained ponies. You shouldn't be wanting to ride ponies when you're a cavalier by the way Wink

Anyway crafting a minion makes sense as an alchemist, since they were often preoccupied with creating 'golems' (and some have written down that they had in fact made them), man-like machines made from raw material.
So what cool abilities are Blacksmiths and Armoursmiths going to get? Alchemists are already going to be able to make potions that give buffs etc, but having "summoning" magic is something that seems too fantasy for me personally, not that I am 100% against it, plus as I mentioned what would blacksmiths and armoursmiths get to balance this out?. A smiths apprentice AI who comes out of nowhere with a sledgehammer and smashes the hell out of the enemy AI? yeah that would be silly.

Ability to craft uberduber armor/weapons?
(21-12-2011, 03:39 PM)Kwal link Wrote: Ability to craft uberduber armor/weapons?

No, I meant ingame abilities like his proposal of the alchemists summoning an AI to fight for him, everyone can use the uber duber items smiths will be making in the future if they have the right classes.

Basically what I'm saying is, there isn't really anything smiths can do like that ingame that would make any sense, so it would be unfair for everyone with alchemy to get magical summoning abilities in game considering in the future alchemists will be making uber duber potions just like smiths will be making uber duber weapons etc, so I don't think it's exactly a balanced idea.

If anything, if we're going to have magical abilities in the game, make a new wizard tree or whatever that you have to level up like your Infantry, Archer and Cavalry trees. I'm not over keen on fantasy games but that would make more sense than causing balance issues in the Professions by giving alchemists abilities to use ingame.
(21-12-2011, 08:33 AM)Kwal link Wrote: When I crafted Cursed Stones they were very helpful (and still are), also I made ponies for a few House members and myself and I will do the same when I can craft trained ponies. You shouldn't be wanting to ride ponies when you're a cavalier by the way Wink

Anyway crafting a minion makes sense as an alchemist, since they were often preoccupied with creating 'golems' (and some have written down that they had in fact made them), man-like machines made from raw material.

Yeah, written down in fantasy books, about as true as the bible is. If you want to summon Golems, go play diablo 2 or something.

As I've said before, this game is called Nord Invasion and not Nerd Invasion: D&D edition and if it's going to be I see no reason to keep playing, here's me hoping no one will take you seriously.

Even the "Hurrberduber armor/weapons" is fucking retarded, Jez got on with all his gear, me and friends had a laugh, specially when he dropped his 3 weapons and we all took them but I really wouldn't want to play like that all the time, people swinging big ass weapons at light speed to one hit kill everyone or take 100 hits to kill with most of the early waves just bouncing entirely off them.
(21-12-2011, 08:33 AM)Kwal link Wrote: Anyway crafting a minion makes sense as an alchemist, since they were often preoccupied with creating 'golems' (and some have written down that they had in fact made them), man-like machines made from raw material.

Link us!

Meh I read it in some history books about alchemy, but when using google I can only find game references. I´ll see if I can´t retrace those books and refer them.
Anyway some alchemists, way back when, tried to create 'living' clay and called them golems after the biblical story (they found the whole divination process very inspiring and by duplicating it hoped to make make themselves pure). There have been found some writings about Albertus Magnus (teacher of Thomas Aquinas) who supposedly created such a golem which was later on smashed by Thomas as being unchristian.

E: not machines by the way, scusi Tongue