Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Alchemist Ability Ideas
This is a fantasy game. Which is why I'm not understanding people freaking out about fantasy ideas lol. And Clickeverywhere you really think that way? Jezz even said something about an Altar to revive other people.

About the minion. As I said perhaps by giving your own live in return or something. Everything can be balanced. What do you even expect armorers and blacksmiths to get in the future anyways? Besides armors and weapons? By that logic we shouldn't be able to give Alchemists anything else..
(22-12-2011, 04:47 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: The alchemist seems like he should just be a maker of potions and random oddities -- constrained by the physics of reality. The alchemist is more of a conman than a scientist, relying on the effects of placebo and foolish peasant superstition.

Actually pretty much all well known alchemists are also renowned scientists, some considered as the founding fathers Tongue

Anyway I don't have any problems with the mod getting a little crazy, if it wasn't that already
(22-12-2011, 02:59 PM)Phalanx300 link Wrote: This is a fantasy game. Which is why I'm not understanding people freaking out about fantasy ideas lol. And Clickeverywhere you really think that way? Jezz even said something about an Altar to revive other people.

About the minion. As I said perhaps by giving your own live in return or something. Everything can be balanced. What do you even expect armorers and blacksmiths to get in the future anyways? Besides armors and weapons? By that logic we shouldn't be able to give Alchemists anything else..

I think potions and coatings for pieces of equipment like weapons and arrows/bolts would already add alot.

I just really really really really don't want to deal with shitty pathfinding AI ON MY SIDE when I play, it's already bad with players jumping everywhere and getting in your way at all opportunity and it's actually a saving grace when I'm the only one alive, if that was implemented instead of people, I'd have to deal with a bunch of shitty pathfinding AI that gets in my way and get me killed.

(22-12-2011, 02:59 PM)Phalanx300 link Wrote: This is a fantasy game. Which is why I'm not understanding people freaking out about fantasy ideas lol. And Clickeverywhere you really think that way? Jezz even said something about an Altar to revive other people.

How is this a fantasy game in any way or form?
Your not being serious are you? :/...
(23-12-2011, 12:10 AM)Phalanx300 link Wrote: Your not being serious are you? :/...

Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common.

This game is totally Fantasy.
(22-12-2011, 02:59 PM)Phalanx300 link Wrote: And Clickeverywhere you really think that way?

I was joking. In any case, the only problem I have would be that these changes would change the mechanics of the game too much and perhaps annoy some players. We don't have to rationalize everything, but adding things like Golems would too much trouble. Maybe if it were immobile/attracted aggro, but then it'd probably be called something else. The cursed stone idea seems way too overpowered (unless it didn't give experience or drops) but it'd still be insane for revive waves.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
fire arrows , poison = poison arrows , poisoned weapons ( smth. other crafter produce alchemist could upgrade), greek fire,  smth to craft with trained pony - maybe 2x trained pony + x = better pony or a horse( or a pet and pony to feed it) ,
- it doesnt fit to an alchemist but : craft tatoo "armor" - 0 armor but bonus on atletics or ironflesh or power draw or smth else
... thats all for now.
What about that they can make blowing horns, that calls for reinforcements (neater word for summon Wink ) but can only be used by commandos, and/or snipers, to make either swordsmen, or archers apear?
In my Opinion Alchemist Should be able to make Cursed or Holy Weapons, for example:

Holy Morningstar : More Speed, a bit less dmg
Cursed Morningstar: a bit less Speed, More dmg
(or only more speed or only more dmg)

Cursed Arrows: More DMG
Holy Arrows: More Ammo

Or another Idea:
Armorsmith makes Plate Armor for Horse and Alchemist uses it to make Plated (Foreign Beast or Courser which are usable by mounted soldier already)
What about SMOKE -you throw it on the ground (ala Copperfield) and the bots ignore you for 10 sec.  ?