Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Anyone else think these hired assassins are annoying?
Assassin invasion
5 at a time...
I am ver happy with how it is, and it should not be changed, in my opinion.
It makes ir more challnging, + people will find new ways to own assasins eventually.
(19-12-2011, 10:34 PM)ShinySpoons link Wrote: It was funny the first time. But then I spawned and got instantly killed by them (again). At the very least make it so assasins dont spawn when the player respawns.

This is something I agree with Smile
(20-12-2011, 01:36 PM)KnightRider link Wrote: [quote author=ShinySpoons link=topic=461.msg4311#msg4311 date=1324334073]
It was funny the first time. But then I spawned and got instantly killed by them (again). At the very least make it so assasins dont spawn when the player respawns.

This is something I agree with Smile
[/quote]

So do I. It's frickin annoying when almost the whole team spawn, and 4 assassins goes wild and slaughter 50% of us. Especially when you are cavalry, because the horse can't move fast enough in the beginning, and get stuck when it rides into friends backs.

You have to be very active even if you're dead. I use(d) to read the forum when I'm dead, but when your team have managed to kill several waves, it's necessary to watch the game even if you're dead, because when you spawn a half dozen assassins can kill you all.
(20-12-2011, 12:11 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: Hired Assassins make the game interesting.

this is not the point of debate sir
the debate lies in the flaws with the current state of how assassins factor into the game
your "brilliant" conclusion was already aknowledged in only the sixth sentence of my post IN BOLDED TEXT

in nerd slang "L2R"

(20-12-2011, 12:50 PM)Balian_Of_Ibelin link Wrote: I am ver happy with how it is, and it should not be changed, in my opinion.
It makes ir more challnging, + people will find new ways to own assasins eventually.

sure its easy if one is an infantry man with a shield (as i am) but what if you are an archer who has to deal with assassins materializing from nowhere without warning and killing him before he can even put away his bow?

its also difficult when this happens at spawn when you are a cav and they murder your horse and you before you can get away
These are a couple of examples that can not be countered by 'skill' or 'planning' and make the game's FUN into fun

/rebuttal
cannot be countered by 'skill' or 'planning'

Yes they can, get into a trot at the end of a round with your horse/switch to melee with archer
(20-12-2011, 05:28 PM)Kwal link Wrote: cannot be countered by 'skill' or 'planning'

Yes they can, get into a trot at the end of a round with your horse/switch to melee with archer

Unfortunately doesn't work that way, they tend to spawn in a circle around you, I'm going full speed on my horse then my horse suddenly get reared by 2 assassins spawning infront of my horse, thus stopping me then 2 assassin in my back, killing me in 1-2 hits.

Or when you're dead and it's the respawn wave, you respawn but with assassins at the same time, so you respawn with a mob of angry people already killing you.

So basically, assassins almost 100% kill anyone they spawn on and a couple more people that can't run away fast enough or have no shield.
That only happend to me once, and I finished the game twice so far (ie played a lot) Tongue ah well, that doesn't mean your inexperience doesn't count, guess I've just been lucky
I'm not saying the hired assassins are impossible to kill or anything, there's just no hard counter whatsoever and wether you have a window of opportunity to haul ass out of there or not is extremely random and mostly based on luck.

Sometimes I get all the assassins spawning behind me at which point I can just ride away into the sunset, other times they'll spawn in a perfect circle where I'm like a little kid getting bullied by 5 guys kicking me on the ground and pissing all over me.
We need more Templars XD. 1 assasin - fine, 2 assasins - maybe I go for heal, 3 assasins - I go of course for heal, 4 assasins - with friend help or lucky, 5 assasins - run ,run ,run and shoot to head, 6 assasins - Am I in Assasin's Creed Brotherhood?, 7 assasins - I am not crazy hero, 8  assasins - bye Swadian army =  I go fight with Nords Big Grin .