Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Forum activity decreasing?
Quote: link=topic=42735.msg228822#msg228822 date=1429873478]
i dont think its the loot system really, people tend to play a game because it entertains them. if you do the same thing over and over again it sucks, as it gets boring, testing your abilities on lets say kiting, gives you and your friends different situations rathe than the static and boring shieldwall.....Now people gonne tell me kiting isnt teamwork, im going zo answer, yes it is. people kiting actually do more teamwork than people with a shieldwall, its just a different kind of teamplay......

This reminds me of when I used to play Killing Floor (which in principle is similar to NI, i.e. block off an area and kill the oncoming horde) and it got to the point whereby we all got really bored of doing the same thing over and over so we started kiting round maps instead. Fast forward six months and we would be back to play the orthodox way. Different gameplay choices meant we could play the game for longer and not get bored as easily.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
(24-04-2015, 05:30 PM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: [quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=42735.msg228822#msg228822 date=1429873478]
i dont think its the loot system really, people tend to play a game because it entertains them. if you do the same thing over and over again it sucks, as it gets boring, testing your abilities on lets say kiting, gives you and your friends different situations rathe than the static and boring shieldwall.....Now people gonne tell me kiting isnt teamwork, im going zo answer, yes it is. people kiting actually do more teamwork than people with a shieldwall, its just a different kind of teamplay......

This reminds me of when I used to play Killing Floor (which in principle is similar to NI, i.e. block off an area and kill the oncoming horde) and it got to the point whereby we all got really bored of doing the same thing over and over so we started kiting round maps instead. Fast forward six months and we would be back to play the orthodox way. Different gameplay choices meant we could play the game for longer and not get bored as easily.
[/quote]

Atleast Kiting actually stops leeching..... lol
Wallace Mormont: wtf
Wallace Mormont: you cant use same
Wallace Mormont: weapon
[Image: Untitled_zpspihatt24.jpg]

[Image: Pilums%20look%20so%20good_zps7eejolna.png]
no
Legendary Loots: 74

Steam: Faravin | Playershop

I agree. The past week NA is dead. Theirs normally 1 event then me and like 3 or 4 other guys, normally new guys. I try to help them out but we can still only go so far. I think that the less xp and gold for less people in match really hits newbies hard. It makes it almost impossible for them to level up, then they quit. And the loot system is meh at best. I have been around for 2 years now and haven't gotten a legendary. When I see people who already got 10 and I'm at top of kill bored with 200 kills it really starts to get annoying. I do get lumps and stuff at a decent rate but besides that the loot systems is unfair to me at least. Over the past month the games population has dropped by a lot, something needs to be done. Theirs barely enough people to cade and shield, let alone beat prince,king etc.
I feel the issue with people leaving is economic. The new players need help to start off. I have seen far to many red shirt servers these days where the highest wave they get to is 12. Those who have game sense and gear need to help the new players reach higher rounds and experience the game has to offer. The fact is nord invasion is a very popular mod but we are losing new players to quickly. I feel normal mode needs to be changed so that there is more economic incentive to play it. That way everyone is happy, the new player get help and get pretty gear and the veterans get pretty gear. I know many of you will not agree with what I have put forward but I feel like this could be a solution to get all those new players hook on the experience that is nord invasion.
Come at the king Best not miss.
(25-04-2015, 12:07 AM)Honey Badger link Wrote: I feel the issue with people leaving is economic. The new players need help to start off. I have seen far to many red shirt servers these days where the highest wave they get to is 12. Those who have game sense and gear need to help the new players reach higher rounds and experience the game has to offer. The fact is nord invasion is a very popular mod but we are losing new players to quickly. I feel normal mode needs to be changed so that there is more economic incentive to play it. That way everyone is happy, the new player get help and get pretty gear and the veterans get pretty gear. I know many of you will not agree with what I have put forward but I feel like this could be a solution to get all those new players hook on the experience that is nord invasion.
I think a easy mode or such would be better. Like extra xp and stuff for people below level xx.
There is work being done on the leveling progression.  Just read the last announcement.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(25-04-2015, 12:16 AM)Unknown_Soldier link Wrote: [quote author=Honey Badger link=topic=42735.msg228874#msg228874 date=1429920428]
I feel the issue with people leaving is economic. The new players need help to start off. I have seen far to many red shirt servers these days where the highest wave they get to is 12. Those who have game sense and gear need to help the new players reach higher rounds and experience the game has to offer. The fact is nord invasion is a very popular mod but we are losing new players to quickly. I feel normal mode needs to be changed so that there is more economic incentive to play it. That way everyone is happy, the new player get help and get pretty gear and the veterans get pretty gear. I know many of you will not agree with what I have put forward but I feel like this could be a solution to get all those new players hook on the experience that is nord invasion.
I think a easy mode or such would be better. Like extra xp and stuff for people below level xx.
[/quote]

This is a good idea but by putting a level cap means that the new players don't get to learn the roots of nord invasion from the vets.

(25-04-2015, 12:18 AM)Sargent Q link Wrote: There is work being done on the leveling progression.  Just read the last announcement.

Yes levelling progression is important to new players but my post is more about the economic incentive for new players.

Come at the king Best not miss.
seeing how every discussing somewhat ends with talking about kiting, it seems this community cares about it alot. Redshirts need someone to look up to, who helps them level up. If you force one gameplay only you make the vets leave and the redshirts quit aswell. I have said it at the beginning and im going to say it again, this mod needs kiting!
I would suggest to change the following:
1. Return to full gold and Xp, even with just 1 player in the server
2. Add some kiting maps, i know this has been brought up countless times, but lets face it, Senni's "The first Defence" was the favourite map for alot of people
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
i dont think its the loot system really, people tend to play a game because it entertains them. (...)
True for me, I don't care if I loot something or not (though ofc it's nice to get some legendaries), I play for fun and I know everything comes with time. Though there may be some ppl with less patience, still the game is for fun and as such it should be played. Loots are a welcome addition but not the essential part of it IMHO.
(...) if you do the same thing over and over again it sucks, as it gets boring, testing your abilities on lets say kiting, gives you and your friends different situations rathe than the static and boring shieldwall. (...) The already  thin community of this mod cant be even more lowered by discriminating kiting!
Yes! And what Woody always (incl. above) says: how does one play behind cades when alone on server (or with 2-3 other players)? I fear you're right guys - recent changes making kiting difficult (or sometimes impossible) on most maps may have the effect that we observe: for AU and NA servers that are less populated than EU we can see ppl giving the game up or moving to EU servers (quite unconvenient for them ofc for ping and time zone reasons) 'cause they have no mates to play with....
Quote: link=topic=42735.msg228886#msg228886 date=1429951791]
seeing how every discussing somewhat ends with talking about kiting, it seems this community cares about it alot. Redshirts need someone to look up to, who helps them level up. If you force one gameplay only you make the vets leave and the redshirts quit aswell. I have said it at the beginning and im going to say it again, this mod needs kiting!
I would suggest to change the following:
1. Return to full gold and Xp, even with just 1 player in the server
2. Add some kiting maps, i know this has been brought up countless times, but lets face it, Senni's "The first Defence" was the favourite map for alot of people
I'd say to the Devs: plz get the kiting maps back just for experiment purposes and see if more ppl play then. Many community members expressed their support for kiting as an important (for them) element of the game. I can see ppl (who I know and I like to play with) announcing their leaving, I can see less players on servers, I can see public ragnarok runs seldom these days (though I remember both ragna servers full pretty often evenings 6 months ago)...  Could we maybe make a test for - let's say - 1 month to get the things as they were before and see the community feedback? Perhaps one of the servers in every region could run the old maps, so you can see if it gets players preference (over those running current maps) or not? Could this be a solution?