Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Save NordInvasion!
On the topic of gear/progression, if you look at native and other warband mods, you have the cheap gear that is crude but can be effective if used properly. Getting better gear simply refines you and increases survivability. In NI, you are essentially piss poor until about tier 4; most of your weapons will 'bounce' and you can't even bring decent support.

The other  factor is the idea that in order to have a challenge curve, the AI is buffed in brute strength or health rather than intelligence or tact (see einherjar shotguns) which means for the players it is a constant struggle to get stronger and stronger gear to compensate (see barrels). Progression is linear like a massive pissing contest, rather than your variety/options of play opening up.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
Your comments about the progression of gear give me some ideas about focusing on stats like weapon slowness to help differentiate between lower tier weapons rather than mostly damage.  Not yet sure how they will play out in the next patch but I'll keep it in mind.

I would like to somehow be able to make more intelligent AI in Ragnarok instead of using brute force but sadly Warband does not offer much flexibility in that area (at least I've not seen any).

Edit: Insert obligatory reminders that changes are coming for the low tier game and that keeping the loot system fair for shielders is the hard part.  An idea for the latter has been raised already but still needs more thought before I'm ready to endorse it.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
It would be interesting if the bots were to attempt to attack the players through more than 1 route, such as some going to the center of the cades, and some going around behind to flank as a part of random chance pathing. Not sure how possible that is with Warband's limitations. Another idea that might be easier to implement given that it is already in the game, at least in singleplayer, is having the nords have formations. In native campaign you can order your men to line up together and march forward as a unit, rather than everyone charging willy nilly. Not sure how this would affect the difficulty of NI, but it would be interesting to test something like that out.

Another thing to keep in mind is that at this point, at least in my opinion, there won't be that many new people coming to the mod anymore anyways, given how old the game is. Trying to get older players to return might be a good idea, although of course not everyone will want to come back.

NI will not become as popular as it used to be, or surpass that, until Bannerlord comes out and if it is developed to work with Bannerlord if and whenever that actually happens.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
Do another one of them give aways like when you gave 50hm to people.
More bots
Increase loot drops
Get bonus xp for deploying your cade or something
Quit the game Now I'm back, rip life
(17-05-2015, 09:30 AM)Bubbles link Wrote: Get bonus xp for deploying your cade or something

This will be abused by players. Placing random cades for xp.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Thanks Kip, looking forward to see what's coming...  Smile
Edit: take a look at this guys, a truely fine idea in context of how to make this mod more interesting for current players and attract new ones: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...360.0.html
(13-05-2015, 10:10 PM)greekdragonkdl link Wrote: Loot system: The changes made in the 0.7 update were a step in the right direction I think, but I feel it was too little too late in a sense. It didn't really seem to make the drops any fairer, or reward those more who contributed more, at least from what I saw. In many event runs (post 0.7 patch), I would be playing as warden and often getting #1 in kills or close to it, yet nearly every event, other players with less kills than me would almost always seem to loot more than me, as I would often go many runs without looting a single decent material drop. Not to say some of these other players didn't deserve the loot that they got, it just wasn't logical that someone who got less kills (comparing ranged players to other ranged players) would get significantly more loot. I know the loot system is something that is limited in it's scope given the limitations of warband modding, but if it were possible for there to be a more reward based loot system, I feel that many players would prefer that.
veri gut idea. good luck finding a shielder, they'll probs all respecc to archer or sumshit. Loot system will be broken af if this happens lel