Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Silvermine
Hey Ferris!

Thanks for working with a new map, I hope you can finish this.

I want to help you a bit, In Nord Spawn #1 Picture you have snowy stone prop, It looks realy weird. Maybe replace it with normal stone prop or thing something else to that place ?
Also I see "mirroring" in border textures. You can fix them by lowering ground a bit from that area or work a bit more with ground texturing in that area so it dissapears.
Then I see that "Arabic" stone prop at woods. It looks realy weird so maybe you could replace it with stone object that looks good ?
Then last thing I say is your "path" stone texture. You should smooth it a bit by painting very smooth turf, ground,steppe or forest texture to it. It might look a lot better then.

But I assume those pictures are a bit outdated but I hope these few hints help you with your work.

Regards,
Hande, Old Angry Developer

Wow, it looks awesome  Big Grin
(05-09-2012, 04:06 PM)Hande link Wrote: Hey Ferris!

Thanks for working with a new map, I hope you can finish this.

I want to help you a bit, In Nord Spawn #1 Picture you have snowy stone prop, It looks realy weird. Maybe replace it with normal stone prop or thing something else to that place ?
Also I see "mirroring" in border textures. You can fix them by lowering ground a bit from that area or work a bit more with ground texturing in that area so it dissapears.
Then I see that "Arabic" stone prop at woods. It looks realy weird so maybe you could replace it with stone object that looks good ?
Then last thing I say is your "path" stone texture. You should smooth it a bit by painting very smooth turf, ground,steppe or forest texture to it. It might look a lot better then.

But I assume those pictures are a bit outdated but I hope these few hints help you with your work.

Regards,
Hande, Old Angry Developer

Thanks for the input Hande! Some of the pictures are a bit outdated, I have since replaced the steeple with a different prop that doesnt have snow, so that's been taken care of (I also got rid of all the fire sprites on Senne's suggestion).
I'll definitely work on the mirror texturing on the borders, I really appreciate the tips on how to fix it, I had been trying to figure it out on my own with no results.
As far as the arabic stone prop, I'm assuming you mean the stone mini-towers at the chokepoint. I've been toying with other items for that and havent settled quite yet, but replacing those is definitely in the works. I like the skulls hanging on them though. Big Grin

Forgot to say that it looks great! BTW If you use the short heavy barricade props i think they have health too, so theyre gonna get destroyed. I THINK. Someone else should clarify.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
There is an indestructible prop that uses the same model called siege_shield or something.
Looks very nice  Smile
If you believe your map is ready to go for testings, send map file and scene code to me. I will test it out in week or two. ( Maybe in few days if I feel like it)
I'll try to get it sent tomorrow night, thanks Hande.