Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ideas for new patch
I have the Ullr's Bane thing in ts more times than i care to count.  Though recently that really has changed with the much few people that i play with.

So if I understand what you are saying,  You want to buff your bow by Nurfing the other bow from Odin?  I'm surprised that you are content with the Hurricane as it has the same speed as the Ullr's Bane.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(13-07-2015, 02:30 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: So if I understand what you are saying,  You want to buff your bow by Nurfing the other bow from Odin?

How does this even work? I won't feel any advantages by doing that, I am not interested in selling Ullrs bane as well(I don't believe that the price would change, since its already pretty high though). Besides, if I wanted to get advantage, I  would speak more buffing rather nerfing, since I can pick up a bow from the ground and play with it. This all post is about improving nord invasion not getting some advantage in game.
i agree with nerfing stag bow, ullrs bane was always meant to be the best bow as far as i can remember
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
or buff the ullrs, little to close to the hurricane with stats in my opinion. but then again, who cares about rag bows, buy a fiendish and learn to headshot you scrubs
Going Deep
(13-07-2015, 01:30 PM)Marius link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=45218.msg235586#msg235586 date=1436793266]
As for bows: current bows line up seems to be well balanced to me.

Can you support your statement with arguments pls, maybe you can correct me? Smile
[/quote]

Well, sure.
When it comes to Ullrs and Stag the stats are:
Ullrs: damage 40 / projectile speed 67 / speed rating 85
Stag: damage 42 / projectile speed 68 / speed rating 82

It seems reasonable to me that the stronger (higher damage and projectile speed) bow is also somewhat slower in speed rating. Should we make damage for Stag to be 40 (same as Ullrs) then we'd get a bow that is significantly slower while only having +1 in projectile speed. Then we'd simply have the Ullrs to be significantly better. As for current stats they seems to be better balanced: Ullrs is faster while Stag is stronger. Then the one you prefer is up to your decision. For myself, I prefer speed rating over power for ragna and on the contrary for hard. And that for the reason most bots on ragna need the same amount of shots to die no matter if one uses Fiendish or Stag. But on ragna you can kill many bot kinds in 1 shot with Stag or Ullrs while Fiendish still needs 2.
Hurrican is pretty close in stats to Ullrs while having a strong advantage over Fiendish in projectile speed. So if we'd be thinking on some changes in bows line up perhaps we could rather consider decreasing projectle speed for Hurri (atm Fiendish = 58, Hurri = 67, Ullrs = 68) to put it more in the middle (like 64?).
Quote: link=topic=45218.msg235646#msg235646 date=1436814573]
i agree with nerfing stag bow, ullrs bane was always meant to be the best bow as far as i can remember
Hah I got ya.
All I hear is nerf Stag, because Ullrs Bane is meant to be the best.
Actually why would you want to nerf it that hard? I mean I still remember the time when Stag Bow was even worse than a Hurricane Bow and noone wanted it(expect me, cause I bought the first looted one). You can ask me and Nka, what a pain it was to play with that bow. After it got a proper fix/balance as it was stated someday, we were just so happy that it got fixed. Afterwards it got buffed one more time, but WHY should the devs nerf Stag Bow again. Ullrs Bane is faster and around 2 months ago everybody said Ullrs is the best bow, as the speed of it is just faster, but it had less damage. What maybe could bring a bit more balance would be one less projectile speed.
So I would say both bows are equal as they are now and both are dropped from Odin, so why would one bow should become worse than the other one. That would just be like a teacher saying, I do not judge you by the way you behave in class and how hard you study, but that is a lie.

Also to add to the Imperial Armor:
I would not buff it, because it will always be the "rich" guys who will craft these kind of armors. The high end armors are still like just a bit stronger than the ones below their price range. Like Winter already stated before the huge increase of the value of Studded. "Why would you buy a Halfplate for 15 mil if you could get Studded for 3 mil and have the same body armor, combined with a trans". Right after that the price increased so high.
So I am just saying that this would just disturb the balance of the current items.

Just my personal opinion on the buffs and nerfs
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Yeah I don't see any reason to be messing with bow stats (at least for legendary bows). Neither stag nor urlls bane is necessarily better than the other, it all comes down to personal preference. I completely disagree with Marius's assertion that the fiendish is the "best bow", and just because, according to you, the "majority" thinks fiendish is the best, doesn't warrant the fiendish to be buffed, or other bows to be nerfed to make the fiendish better in comparison. With regards to your idea that rag should be t4+, not 39+, and that the people joining should somehow be able to contribute decently, even though you don't specify how that would work or how that'd be enforced, I disagree. Most players that are level 39+ are usually tier4 anyways.

I don't really care too much either way about high tier craftable armors like half plate and imperial, but personally I do feel that the tiny increase in armor compared to trans considering the gigantic price difference is a bit ridiculous (~1.5mil for trans compared to ~15-18mil ish for halfplate). Yes those high tier armors are geared towards the richer players and are currently treated as more of a status symbol and a money-sink rather than a really useful item to buy, but I don't see too much of a problem if those armors were buffed a bit as well to make the items more worth the money. I don't really think that buffing things like half plate and imperial by 1 or 2 body armor points would cause that much of a disruption in the economy.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
The bows are approximately where they need to be right now.  They may receive some attention in upcoming patches when more high tier bows are added in (Warden locked legendary bows?! :O)

Imperial Armor is also pretty much where it needs to be.  Again, more Commando body armors incoming, and we need to keep room for them.  Imperial has been the preferred armor over Defender for a long time already, I don't see a reason to buff it more.

Class requirements for various modes are also being looked at, especially in conjunction with some changes being made to the leveling system at low tiers.  However, limiting the mode to a specific tier rather than level is not something that seems necessary. 
(13-07-2015, 11:58 AM)Ribbed link Wrote: Rag restriction doesn't need to be changed - a player's only as useful as they want to be. Plenty of bad hero players in pub rags(events sometimes too).
(13-07-2015, 09:16 PM)Winter link Wrote: Class requirements for various modes are also being looked at, especially in conjunction with some changes being made to the leveling system at low tiers.  However, limiting the mode to a specific tier rather than level is not something that seems necessary.
The thing I just remember is, what me an Perception were discussing:
Why not make a SHC useable by an Engineer? I mean it would just be logical that you need more "skill/higher" tier to bring in a Wall Cade or a Barrel.  I mean it is the same with a guy who is bringing in medic kits. I mean in my opinion the SHC is the Field Medic Box for Engineers and should be lowered down by one tier. This is just a thing so that you would not have to downgrade the level of Ragnarok again, because like Ribbed said: It does not depend on what level you are, it only depends on how much you would want to help the team.
So SHC would be available at level 39 in theory and nobody would moan about them 39 "noobs" again, which would also bring the old players closer to the new ones
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
(13-07-2015, 09:26 PM)Tarrod link Wrote: Why not make a SHC useable by an Engineer?
I have always agreed with that argument and would also like for the SHC to be available to T3 engineers.  Still, I can only lobby for it so much Sad  There are plenty of threads debating that already, so it doesn't need to become the focus here.