Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion about to fizzle out.
All anyone needs to do to see that this mod is borderline about to fizzle completely out of existence is look at the trading forums.

The first 3 pages are basically the same handful of people selling legendary items and high end crafting items to each other. I can no longer craft most things in my armorsmithing tree because I can not even purchase the mats on the Auction Hall anymore (because they simply arent even for sale, because the only people really playing are people who have 100,000/1,200,000 HM for their next crafting project.)

The game economy has completely ceased existing with smaller items holding completely zero value for vast majority of active players because their boots are worth more then an entire upper end T4 kit.

It is a shame the dev team is not focusing on ways to get more players on board and stimulate the game economy from the bottom up, this is my favorite mod for M&B of all time and I hate to see it fizzle out like this.

I guess I'll keep playing normals with 5-6 people in them and hoping for a legendary drop (their are only about 20-25 people a night, 16 get in hard/rag and stay their and the other 5 or so just farm crooked sticks in normal for the whole night.)

Last couple of days I've seen some newbies here and there but they are either insanely wealthy players just having a rip at people or they ask how much someones pretty sword is worth and the person says " 1,000,0900,00000000,000000k00000 " and there is only a .000001 chance it will even drop devided by 16 for the other players in the server and of course factor in that you probably will need to play normal runs for the next year (Leveling is super lengthy when you only have a handful of other nubs in the normal who cant even get you past troopers.) to get to level 39 for Rag, and then you will likely never get in a rag run because your gear will still suck and people will complain, but thats if you are lucky enough to see a Rag run starting and manage to steal the spot from another well known player (also resulting in people in the server bitching).

If you want nice stuff just craft it (if all the mats arent sitting in someones inventory or absurdly priced, HM 7000g <---WTF? 0.o )

Great Mod. Bad economy.
[Image: S42_SIg.png]
http://s4.postimg.org/e687hkhf1/S42_SIg.png

Horizon (ZweiHander)
Sacrifice (Sniper lvl 52)
Silent (Pikeman lvl 49)

Legendaries:
None, though I have found 6 aketon and one large steaming pile of bullshit.
i have said this endless times: reintroduce kiting and let the droprate be a little lower than with full team, but still high. People that cant join a full server have an alternative to do then. All the arguments are  in others threads already, so ill not repeat them, but the farming of hardened metal while soloing kept newbies the chance of crafting something, now its gone.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Quote: link=topic=45644.msg236856#msg236856 date=1437912835]
i have said this endless times: reintroduce kiting and let the droprate be a little lower than with full team, but still high. People that cant join a full server have an alternative to do then. All the arguments are  in others threads already, so ill not repeat them, but the farming of hardened metal while soloing kept newbies the chance of crafting something, now its gone.

Which is what I discovered. I wanted to craft plate mittens last night for my pavise, but the requirements are not even for sale on AH. Meaning my only hope of getting plate mittens is playing for decades in low populated servers. Used to be I could mind my own business in an empty server not bugging anybody and after a few days I could craft myself something decent or at least sell enough mats to buy the item from someone. When they killed kiting they eliminated the majority of the driving force in the economy IMO, and did not replace it with anything.
[Image: S42_SIg.png]
http://s4.postimg.org/e687hkhf1/S42_SIg.png

Horizon (ZweiHander)
Sacrifice (Sniper lvl 52)
Silent (Pikeman lvl 49)

Legendaries:
None, though I have found 6 aketon and one large steaming pile of bullshit.
(26-07-2015, 12:18 PM)Horizon link Wrote: [quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=45644.msg236856#msg236856 date=1437912835]

Which is what I discovered. I wanted to craft plate mittens last night for my pavise, but the requirements are not even for sale on AH. Meaning my only hope of getting plate mittens is playing for decades in low populated servers. Used to be I could mind my own business in an empty server not bugging anybody and after a few days I could craft myself something decent or at least sell enough mats to buy the item from someone. When they killed kiting they eliminated the majority of the driving force in the economy IMO, and did not replace it with anything.
[/quote]
people have been begging for ages to reintroduce it, but yet any official statement towards it is missing. If the majority of the community(62%) wants  it how bad can it be ? I know for a fact that alot of people left for this reason: no alternative gameplay, just the repetition of the same cading spot over and over again
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
+1 To these comments.  I feel for newer players.  I think  some of Assassine's ideas should be taken seriously. But then again we can hope for the next update that is supposedly addressing leveling for the lower levels.
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.
(26-07-2015, 10:40 PM)Trialsking link Wrote: +1 To these comments.  I feel for newer players.  I think  some of Assassine's ideas should be taken seriously. But then again we can hope for the next update that is supposedly addressing leveling for the lower levels.

Totally agree with this
I think it's not that bad as Horizon says, still hmmm,... yes. We need more players. And yes, I think some maps changes to help in kiting would help. Still, remember that Kip already informed on few occasions that Devs are working on some changes to support new players and they are to be introduced in near future.
They are indeed bringing great features, however they announced that quite a while ago. Giving some more information would be appriciated.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Lots of problems at the moment, i'll summarise them once again, against my better judgement...

NI was in my opinion at its best when low-mid tier craftables were the stapples for a run, and legendarys were indeed...legendary. there was once a time when SKS's and other like typed shields were considered the end game for most players, and royal shields/aegis shields were owned by only a select hardworking few. Strange Greatswords and flamburges were a welcome sight to runs and almost every player owned one at some stage. now it seems, these weapons have lost all purpose, being out moded by the now cheaper high tier items of the past. legendaries like the Aurora blade, fiendish bow, wormbane, thunderpike, sun pike etc were badass and considered top grade for their time (a substantial step up from flamburges and SGS's) most of these dropped in normal mode, and gave incentive for more geared players to return to the lower waves imparting knowledge and inspiring others to keep on grinding. During this time, the only public outcries were for the lack of green drops, or power hungry admins filling up servers passed the 20 player mark,  but those were better days where the player base was capable of such, now a server with 16 people is a sight to behold. What changed between then and now to cause such a decline in interest in the mod? many things...i'll list a few of the ones i think to be most cataclysmic.

1) increased legendary item drops.
not something a budding NI player would be caught dead complaining about, but none the less, I believe this to play a large factor in playerbase decline. Post introduction of the Retaliation mode patch, legendaries began to drop like flies and not just any legendaries, these were big ones, we're talking the cream of the crop from Odin himself. Prior to this many of these top tier legendaries that i can only assume were in the game for months and months but had yet to be looted were now dropping two or three times a week sometimes even during the same day. naturally the community took full advantage of this and went on a ragnarok marathon spamming the once impossible game mode, recently made a walk in the park. a lot of new wealth was made during this period, and this sent much of the old wealth down the crapper. hurricane bows dropped in value drasticly as the newer and better ullrs banes became more common and readily available and that's not counting the other item trees also affected, this in my opinion sent a shockwave down the NI economy where people would drastically try to sell their previously expensive legendaries at new low prices in the hopes to squeeze what little money was left in their beloved items before prices dropped even lower so just maybe, they could afford to purchase some of the newer schmiker items. as items continue to drop, people become richer and richer, but what's left to achieve in such a linear grind game when you reach the top? you get to be the standout guy with all the cool gear? think again, you're not alone, everyone is reaching this status, people are getting bored and fed up. people start to moan, the game is boring, the game is too easy, etc etc until they get fed up and stop playing giving their gear away to some other guy thus continuing the downward spiral.

2)Challenge
as it stands, I find that the game is becoming more and more spoon fed to us as time goes on. there was once a time when the devs didn't want us to beat the final waves and the maps were far more ill catered to our current shieldwall tactics than they are now. old maps had three or four possible cade spots, and people would argue over which one to use because they all had their merits, now there is no thought process, everyone knows the best spot to cade because it's the only spot made available and the rest of the maps beauty is locked away behind ugly and oddly placed barriers and walls. a map should NOT be a maze with one start and one finish, it should be a canvas were people can paint their adventures freely without restrictions. This maze minded approach to map making killed off what was one of the last real challenges let to be had in NI...Kitting and with that another chunk of the player base but that's been covered a lot recently, and i won't bother dabbling there again. moving on to what was perhaps NI's most ingenious creations turned sour, ragnarok mode was previously the greatest test of skill for 16 of NI's most daring. even the most veteran and well geared players would struggle passed the first four waves let alone the next 16 to come. the mode was only attempted on the best of maps to give people every edge they could get before the difficulty of the waves facing them ahead. Now, there are probably more fingers on my hand then players left in the community who have experienced this challenge which is in my opinion sad, to see that players of the current NI will likely never experience the thrill of. Much of the challenge posed by ragnarok mode, whittled away every map update but more drasticly, by the new vast wealth which has spoilt not only the economy but also the game, making runs far too smooth and easy to complete where previously a successful run came down to the use of a last dep shield or an archer filling in for a fallen shielder on the last boss wave.

I think for NI to move forward and continue it has to remember it's glorious past and make changes accordingly and stop trying to become something it simply cannot be.

Going Deep
Big issues include the ease of the game and natural progression of time.

At this point, many veterans already have a T4 of every base class, or even multiple heroes of certain base classes, and interest in lower difficulties has dwindled. Without an infusion of new players, most are simply done with Normal.  The ripple effect is that availability of items from Normal drops, and the perception of its value increases leading to increased prices. And suggestions to implement new modes, maps, servers, or whatever for newer players won't exactly work. Players will just outgrow that mode as well, and the net result is you swap one headache for another. Look at any online game that has attempted to add a "new player zone:" as time progresses, those zones for low level players are completely desolate, and any new characters or players are usually friends of veterans that get power leveled anyway (this happens in NI too).

I think lowering the requirements of Hard mode to T3, and increasing the difficulty of Ragnarok would help. The mod would keep players engaged longer, allowing them to progress into Hard earlier, and keeping players interested in Ragnarok for longer.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.