Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Noob help
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to start in this game. I've been leaching assistance xp for a few hours now and I have my character at level 7 now and a infantry. I also have some decent amount of gold now and bought him some middle end gear. He still dies in 3 hits from the first wave of nords. Am I suppose to keep leaching until I have much better equipment? Its really boring.
Depends on what you want to end up doing. Infantry typically aid with many shields and getting the odd hit in for a kill. If you can, purchase a military scythe or ask for a friend to craft one for you. If you are going for an archer build there are a couple ways of doing it. A popular method now is to purchase a crossbow at first opportunity and raise ranged exp with that. I myself just leveled it using two packs of darts per spawn, to each his own. For cavalry you will have to ask someone else unfortunately.
I am planning on going full infantry. I purchased a two handed axe, and I am getting a few kills per round with that but I find myself getting killed in 3 hits by farmers even with mid-grade armor. Do I just need to keep grinning through it and try to get more assist xp or am I really just doing something wrong?
(24-12-2011, 04:28 PM)Costine link Wrote: I am planning on going full infantry. I purchased a two handed axe, and I am getting a few kills per round with that but I find myself getting killed in 3 hits by farmers even with mid-grade armor. Do I just need to keep grinning through it and try to get more assist xp or am I really just doing something wrong?

Well, it sounds like you are over extending during play. As a low level you really want to stay near the cadre of archers and provide support when enemies get to close. It will just take time for you to read how the AI are going to path, as they typically are pretty predictable. Trying to stay near a more heavily armored ally and allow them to tank the AI and kill a couple as they are focusing on them is another option , albeit more dangerous.

At this point in time, with melee exp having the best assists exp ratio, you really just want to aim for living as long as possible. Getting kills is a secondary priority.
You will not survive long with a 2handed weapon if you do not have decent armour and intend to charge up against peasents. Always strive for a sword/shield combo if you lack armour. Let the other players with heavy armour take on the horde, while you flank the enemies from the sides, but stay close to the team least you get overwhelmed.

The horde will take on the closest target, so dont stray too far away that the players cannot give you support.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help, everyone!
its best to stay with a heavy as they can take the majority of the horde with archer support and depending on map cav destraction you can pick off the bots that have strayed to far from the main horde get there attention and put them down
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
Yes, as others have said, stick with a person who has heavy armor, and retreat at the first sign of that person being overwhelmed. The heavy armored people can retreat after you're done retreating. If you stick around, they just have another person to worry about and might die if they try to go protect you. So once you are in the clear the other person can get away himself. Don't get too close or the enemies will target you. Let the enemies target the heavy infantry if you want to live long. High level infantry guys can take dozens of hits from the beginning wave enemies so don't worry too much about them.

Later on when you have higher skill in shielding, you might be better off helping to form a shield wall for others to attack over.

TL;DR cowardice will benefit you when you're low level.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Well, it sounds like you are new to the whole game, so my advice is practice fighting in the arena of any city in the singleplayer mode (in Native); it's more relaxed than fighting 3 bots at the same time like it usually happens in NI.
I will also repeat given advice after you've said "Thanks fo the help"!!!

I always thought it was funny how people do that.

P.S.
Actually, Mikelon gave new adcive, oops Tongue