Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon Upgrades
that change isnt going to be fast at all... cause u would need 3x times the models existing right now ^^ how is that fast ??
I didn't put those in.

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...#msg202151
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...5#msg80365

Those were actually shot down.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Those two links are also irrelevant.
So, these added items can be the same props on initial implementation to save time, but it'd be a major change to the game if it was just a slightly different colour. I haven't done 3D modelling much but I wouldn't mind learning the amount necessary to change the colour of a given number of items already made if others don't want to, given this should be relatively easy over making new models.

I'll also add that it's unnecessary to do this for items people hardly use for long durations, so let's just say for t4+ items.
If you see an issue with what you're saying to my example, why not just come up with a solution yourself instead of me having to reply to each one with something it takes 10 seconds to make up ie no upgrades to marketplace items or whatever you think might work as a solution...
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
So you want to make each item a different color for each upgrade?  The answer is going to be no.  The textures already load entire to slow and tripling the amount for such a small difference is not going to happen.  And even if its just for t4+,  That is still over 75% of the items in game.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Well obviously it'd be a good idea to find a balance between load time and number of items...
If this is a major limitation, you'd want to be looking at let's say single upgrades (2 items) on not every items, but those which would be best. You may say 50x items could do with it; 13 per major class.
This would allow for heaps of item variation, targetting the most used items on around the t4/5 levels, and probably not marketplace items, as there are many with same stats and different appearances.

As I said before, find a fundamental flaw or ill keep changing this around until this feature works, but every example ive given can be changed. This general concept could be a massive change to the eco, bringing in 5x the items to the game, or it could be something tiny with only a few item additions, or anything inbetween.
I think the reskins would best be suited only for legendaries after 1 or 2 upgrades and thats it.

We already have 3 different models of the same legendary (brigadine) plus the hundreds of unused models as well as dev gear ect...
I'm not sure if the load time argument is valid anymore since it's clearly not currently built for efficiency.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
Can you expand on that load time issue?
I think reskinning legendary's could be good, I believe the major difference over the current system where over time when more legendary's are found, they are no longer special and new ones are introduced and the cycle repeats. Instead each legendary will last much longer without having to reduce the drop rate, and it will still bring in more variation within the legendary's.

I would also consider saying that this is also a viable option for high tier craftable items as well, as the number of legendary's will decrease, so they'd go up in price. The top tier craftables with let's say 1 weapon upgrade requiring the consumption of 5 weapons could fill the gap if necessary.
(03-03-2016, 12:43 AM)TerrorBite link Wrote: I think reskinning legendary's could be good

simply adding a color uniform to a model and adding a modifier isn't really good for weapon variations. on top of that, someone would have to make variants for all of those different modifiers and all of those weapons, which is a pain in the ass.

edit - also, the "5 weapons into 1 weapon upgrade" thing is really vague. 5 of what weapon price range? specific weapons only turn into other specific weapons? what can and can't become an upgrade? etc.

i don't see your idea happening, really. lots of other threads with the exact same premise have been shut down. weapon modifiers just really don't fit into the game IMO, and while your thread does have some generally well thought out ideas, it's pretty much the same as all of the others.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Well this is based on effort; if devs are happy to go through with this feature for given items I'm sure people, including myself will be willing to put in the effort.

I said 5 into one as an example, let's say 5 defender helmets consumed to create a defender helmet 2.0
I don't necessarily think these numbers are a good idea, but the point is that craftable item consumption is potentially worthwhile and there are many aspects you can adjust; the number of items consumed, balance gold/mats (eg. consume 3 defender helmets + 100HM + 100k [seems necessary to state that this is just another example of implementation, nothing more]), stats of weapon upgrades, number of upgrades, specific weapons which have these upgrades, etc.

Consuming multiple of the same items for upgrades have not been suggested before, or i havent seen it, so this thread is different. This 'minor' difference might just be that one way to make upgrades viable, you won't know if you base judgement of this thread on different requested feature models.
So I'm very new to this, but just opening the brf files in resources with openbrf i applied a uniform colour to some weapons, and imo they look amazing and took a few seconds, should i upload images or something, to show what the items can look like from this?