Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you think this is a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would love to see this ingame.
66.67%
14 66.67%
No, or I don't really care.
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Support for Cav
Although it was a civilian weapon, a rapier for xbow doesn't seem like a terrible idea Wink
[Image: BC19c3d.png]
(22-07-2016, 06:41 PM)Sven_Axeman Wrote: Although it was a civilian weapon, a rapier for xbow doesn't seem like a terrible idea Wink

They are already ridiculously Italian, seems fine to me Tongue
Ehhhhhhh don't go around the subject ! :p

Why are we even speaking of EK and rapiers? Rapiers look generally bad.

The current struggling class in cav is pike, it's just a fact, so I don't see any connection with all of this o.O

Just add a house craftable usable in cav and a regular craft usable in cav that is light blue, better than the hunting spear :p.

Beside this, I still think cav support would be great. If you guys have any feedback on the main subject, it would be awesome I guess xD?

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(23-07-2016, 01:49 AM)LordChaos Wrote: Ehhhhhhh don't go around the subject ! :p

The current struggling class in cav is pike, it's just a fact, so I don't see any connection with all of this o.O

Just add a house craftable usable in cav and a regular craft usable in cav that is light blue, better than the hunting spear :p.

Beside this, I still think cav support would be great. If you guys have any feedback on the main subject, it would be awesome I guess xD?

Oddly enough, there is someone that was set on the task of finishing Cavalry mode that had already worked out most of the necessary fixes with a team of testers and idea makers.  Last I heard, he retired for some reason and no one else has decided to take on the responsibility. Cavalry mode requires a lot of work that people would rather focus on other parts of the game.

The ideas suggested are neat, but the amount of coding going into a lot of it is not particularly feasible right now. I've always been an advocate of buff support items and they have been discussed a great deal, but I believe they have not yet been fully implemented due to similarity to the current buff banner and severe coding limitations when dealing with anything other than damage.

PS - Rapiers are beautiful.  However, I agree, they have no place on horseback.
Sorry for not following subject.

Well i like Ek more than any other swords on commando on most waves (not the only one). Why do i need 66c when ek has 62c but a lot more speed best 2h for all the weak bots. The  Rapier was just a idea to hit 2 birds with one stone making a upgrade to ek for commando and it would be the longest 2h.
Dur (speed/cut)
Ags (long/cut/blunt)
Vgs (even stats)
Legacy (even stats)
Mjolnir (all blunt)
and whatever this is (long/thrust/speed)

My guess it would look like this.
Speed Rating 100-103
Weapon Length 170
Swing Damage 60-62 (maybe more if zwei)
Thrust Damage 55
Usable by commando or zwei

A 2h Rapier was just a idea on what a model could look like. Thin but still has a blade. 

This is close to what i was thinking of that made me say rapier

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(23-07-2016, 04:46 AM)Woody Wrote: This is close to what i was thinking of that made me say rapier

That is a longsword, not a rapier.  One of my instructors actually has one that is very similar.
(23-07-2016, 05:11 AM)Winter Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 04:46 AM)Woody Wrote: This is close to what i was thinking of that made me say rapier

That is a longsword, not a rapier.  One of my instructors actually has one that is very similar.

Personally I would prefer a real rapier being added rather than another 2h. Though with the amount of nord armor the thrust might have to be really high for it to be viable at all as a 1h.

also yes this is really off topic
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(23-07-2016, 02:07 AM)Winter Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 01:49 AM)LordChaos Wrote: Ehhhhhhh don't go around the subject ! :p

Oddly enough, there is someone that was set on the task of finishing Cavalry mode that had already worked out most of the necessary fixes with a team of testers and idea makers.  Last I heard, he retired for some reason and no one else has decided to take on the responsibility.  Cavalry mode requires a lot of work that people would rather focus on other parts of the game.

The ideas suggested are neat, but the amount of coding going into a lot of it is not particularly feasible right now.  I've always been an advocate of buff support items and they have been discussed a great deal, but I believe they have not yet been fully implemented due to similarity to the current buff banner and severe coding limitations when dealing with anything other than damage.

PS - Rapiers are beautiful.  However, I agree, they have no place on horseback.

It's too bad, honestly, which means that cav is "dead". 
--------------

To others:

I still don't understand why a rapier would solve the issue, because if it will be added it will surely be used just for Thrust and no other moves would be allowed, which by the M&B Warband Engine is screwed up especially that bots can autoblock it. So there's no point in going in there unless you can do an overhead swing eventually, but even, the reach wouldn't be that appealing, which makes it a dead weapon before even its release or use. 

Beside this, I don't understand why people are not demanding for 1 or 2 more weapons for Pike to allow them to compensatethe weakness they're dealing with in Cav.

(24-07-2016, 12:18 AM)LordChaos Wrote: To others:

I still don't understand why a rapier would solve the issue, because if it will be added it will surely be used just for Thrust and no other moves would be allowed, which by the M&B Warband Engine is screwed up especially that bots can autoblock it. So there's no point in going in there unless you can do an overhead swing eventually, but even, the reach wouldn't be that appealing, which makes it a dead weapon before even its release or use. 

Beside this, I don't understand why people are not demanding for 1 or 2 more weapons for Pike to allow them to compensatethe weakness they're dealing with in Cav.

It was an off topic discussion, honestly nothing to do with cav at all. Also the neogk rapier has all attacks and is really fun to use.

BTW one way to make melee classes viable is to remove the couch restriction on lances like in native.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(24-07-2016, 12:36 AM)Ribbed Wrote:
(24-07-2016, 12:18 AM)LordChaos Wrote: To others:

It was an off topic discussion, honestly nothing to do with cav at all. Also the neogk rapier has all attacks and is really fun to use.

BTW one way to make melee classes viable is to remove the couch restriction on lances like in native.

Infantry is pretty viable on cav, due to their armors and ironflesh, I don't know about halb, but the weaponry and the skills for weapons are definetly not in favor for pikemen. Grant hero pike a buff for 1h? So maybe we could even see some 1handed short spears?