Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think about the cav nerf?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it.
40.00%
18 40.00%
I dislike it.
60.00%
27 60.00%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] What do you think about the cav nerf?
In my opinion cavalry was quite fine as it was. I've outlasted plenty of cavalry players as an infantry and it does require a certain degree of skill to play cav. Besides, there are plenty of waves that have throwers or archers, which can already spell doom for a cavalryman.  Not to mention that people on horses often get one hit or loose half their health to one hit because they are moving so fast.
I rarely reply to anything but I don't think its a bad thing, you can heal your horses now without a shrine, and in regards to your horse dying and you being useless - well thats the role of cav thats what makes you a threat.  I've seen many a cav players soloing on the beach with ease and getting to high levels because of it - so stating that you can't run down wave after wave without the help of others doesn't sound a class problem.  I think that nerfing the cav class would have been a horrible idea IF they didn't add some place that you can heal your horse.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
(02-01-2012, 07:18 PM)FinKone link Wrote: I rarely reply to anything but I don't think its a bad thing, you can heal your horses now without a shrine, and in regards to your horse dying and you being useless - well thats the role of cav thats what makes you a threat.  I've seen many a cav players soloing on the beach with ease and getting to high levels because of it - so stating that you can't run down wave after wave without the help of others doesn't sound a class problem.  I think that nerfing the cav class would have been a horrible idea IF they didn't add some place that you can heal your horse.

Well the problem here is how you're slowed down to slower than a pony as soon as you horse get touched (Quite literally, someone can punch your horse while you're off it and when you go back on it it's going to crawl).

Thing is it effectively make every horses but the courser (even then it's a stretch) useful.

Good HP and Defense doesn't matter anymore since your horse is useless on the first hit no matter how high your HP or defense is, so the only okay horse right now is probably be the courser since horses are rendered useless in 1 hit, the only useful stat is speed.
Current implementation of the nerf screws the game for cavalry players. They were always screwed by map design, being useless everywhere except for two maps, and now they are just screwed everywhere, period.

No surprise we have cav players respeccing their characters or stopping playing cav roles until this problem is fixed.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Ok so I did a little investigation of my own... I had a pony... (Yea... laugh it up.)  It let it get barely hurt, and well... your right.  It was greatly slowed down, BADLY, not worth it.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
The game, as a whole, was already unfavorable for cavalry players. The large xp investment alone ensured that most people were deterred from it. The maps either favored cavlary or archer/infantry, and given cavalry are the minority, you can guess which ones dominate the majority of servers.

Now, even on cavalry favored maps, charging into battle is a horrible idea. Even at 95% health, my horse is damn near crippled and I might as well dismount. This issue is exasperated by the lack of athletics on cav players.

Borealis and I just played a match earlier and we found ourselves going back to the trought to heal our charges after they endured a 1-5% hit. A slow horse might as well be a dead horse as far as I'm concerned. 
This kind of ruined cav for me :|
(02-01-2012, 09:57 PM)Golradir link Wrote: This kind of ruined cav for me :|

For everyone who's cav.

Not only do I have to fight against infantry and archers on all the poll spamming to linear XP map such as mountain pass where I'm useless on foot because I'm stuck with a constant 1 athletics and 2 power strike, I now have to deal with being nigh useless on horseback unless I attain godhood and evade projectiles and time my lances perfectly with my newly acquired godpowers.
i like new changes, before new patch there were really little challenge to play horseman, pretty boring, cause couple of horsemans could kite almost any wave on cav maps, new changes gives some more challenge and depth playing horseman.
After fixing bug with significant decreasing speed after one hit, ill be satisfied
Really dislike this change, no other class has to spend half their time at a healing station to maintain peak efficiency. Its no where near as fun to be cav anymore. Worst bit is I can't seem to justify the change in my mind, didn't see cav as particularly overpowered, any advantage they did have over normal troops was hard earned through the large difference in xp (time taken) needed for cav.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.