Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think about the cav nerf?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it.
40.00%
18 40.00%
I dislike it.
60.00%
27 60.00%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] What do you think about the cav nerf?
(02-01-2012, 08:02 PM)Lav link Wrote: Current implementation of the nerf screws the game for cavalry players. They were always screwed by map design, being useless everywhere except for two maps, and now they are just screwed everywhere, period.

No surprise we have cav players respeccing their characters or stopping playing cav roles until this problem is fixed.
This is exactly what I mean!
Note: the cav nerf is realistic in game theory. It makes you think twice before charging like a ding-dong-bell However, because of the current bugged damage system, the calvary players are playing at a handicap.

That being said however, there should be a different nerf other than the speed of the horse, such as the manuvability and charge power. Typically a war horse can just become a rocket battering ram against certain bots, but with a reduced manuvability and a charge of 1, it would definitely be suicidal for a calvary player to attack when injured.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Another thing I thought of, this basically made 1h and 2h from horseback incredibly risky and not worth the effort. Basically made lancing the only viable method, who wants to use their short 1h when they run the risk of being hit by footmen with longer weapons?

Also, I've only ever found I can plow successfully through large crowds of peasants and lower tier troops, higher tier troops always tend to be near a spear user, and therefore is not possible. Whats so OP about running through crowds of peasants? I kill far less in the same amount of time on a cav map than an Infantry player with a morning star or other powerful 2h.

Also for the realism arguement, shouldn't Infantry and archers therefore run slower when hurt?
Pretty sure most people would have to move slower when hurt.

In my opinion realism should stay where it belongs, the real world. Theres a reason no one really wants to fight in wars, its not fun, its not even enjoyable. Cheery wartime stories are hard to come by.

I appologise in advance for any typos or similar, pretty late here Tongue
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(03-01-2012, 01:57 AM)Johao link Wrote: Note: the cav nerf is realistic in game theory.

I did say, realistic in game Theory, Senni.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
damn, put a lot of thought into that Tongue, back to the drawing board!
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I still fail to comprehend the reasoning behind this nerf though.

It's just doesn't make any sense, to nerf the weakest class in the game.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
(03-01-2012, 07:47 AM)Lav link Wrote: I still fail to comprehend the reasoning behind this nerf though.

Because apparently Cavalry is OP and can easily solo waves (Let's disregard the fact that the only one who could actually do that were knights with the Katana on a heavily armored horse and being heavily armored themselves with a thunder lance) even though most of us by FAR get less kill than archers or infantry ever will.

I have to ride by someone, stab him and get a kill, then I have to get in position to ride by someone else to get a kill.

What do archers/infantry have to do? Press the S key and spam the mouse button with their crush through iron mace/morning stars or shoot them in the head and win us the wave.

Archers can 1 shot almost everyone in 1 headshot while ignoring shields since shooting over shields can easily be done (even the huscarl that covers the head can easily be shot through to score an easy headshot and consequent death).

Infantry can kill almost everyone while ignoring any block because all they need is to spam their iron mace/morning star overhead while pressing the S key and racking up the kills.

Cavalry is the first to get to the battle, but once everyone's in the battle, they get far less kills, their only 1 hit kill attack that can ignore blocks (Not even shields mind you unlike the infantry and archer who can ignore both block and shield) is something that requires you speed and has a huge cooldown on it, it's not something that can be spammed.

So I really fail to see why it was necessary to nerf Cavalry.

Archers and Infantry are effective on ALL maps and can almost easily overpower any of the waves because they can just totally ignore any sort of defense the bots might be trying to put up.

Meanwhile, we, Cavalry are only effective on 2 maps (That always get polled off to play the linear chinese grind XP maps because infantry/archers greatly outnumber Cav players) and in most situations we can barely put up a fight, if ANY.

If I look at the NA server list at any given time, I almost never never never see any server on Swadian Village or Beach Assault, and if a server's on it, it's either empty or the map just changed and it's going to get polled in the coming 30 seconds by everyone on the server to the great dismay of the one or two if you're lucky lone cavalry players who just wish they could be useful instead of being stuck on foot with their mediocre 1 athletics and 2 power strike.
(03-01-2012, 09:34 AM)Borealis link Wrote: [quote author=Lav link=topic=678.msg6410#msg6410 date=1325576834]
I still fail to comprehend the reasoning behind this nerf though.

Because apparently Cavalry is OP and can easily solo waves (Let's disregard the fact that the only one who could actually do that were knights with the Katana on a heavily armored horse and being heavily armored themselves with a thunder lance) even though most of us by FAR get less kill than archers or infantry ever will.

I have to ride by someone, stab him and get a kill, then I have to get in position to ride by someone else to get a kill.

What do archers/infantry have to do? Press the S key and spam the mouse button with their crush through iron mace/morning stars or shoot them in the head and win us the wave.

Archers can 1 shot almost everyone in 1 headshot while ignoring shields since shooting over shields can easily be done (even the huscarl that covers the head can easily be shot through to score an easy headshot and consequent death).

Infantry can kill almost everyone while ignoring any block because all they need is to spam their iron mace/morning star overhead while pressing the S key and racking up the kills.

Cavalry is the first to get to the battle, but once everyone's in the battle, they get far less kills, their only 1 hit kill attack that can ignore blocks (Not even shields mind you unlike the infantry and archer who can ignore both block and shield) is something that requires you speed and has a huge cooldown on it, it's not something that can be spammed.

So I really fail to see why it was necessary to nerf Cavalry.

Archers and Infantry are effective on ALL maps and can almost easily overpower any of the waves because they can just totally ignore any sort of defense the bots might be trying to put up.

Meanwhile, we, Cavalry are only effective on 2 maps (That always get polled off to play the linear chinese grind XP maps because infantry/archers greatly outnumber Cav players) and in most situations we can barely put up a fight, if ANY.

If I look at the NA server list at any given time, I almost never never never see any server on Swadian Village or Beach Assault, and if a server's on it, it's either empty or the map just changed and it's going to get polled in the coming 30 seconds by everyone on the server to the great dismay of the one or two if you're lucky lone cavalry players who just wish they could be useful instead of being stuck on foot with their mediocre 1 athletics and 2 power strike.
[/quote]
Again sory for the qute tree! But I myself a mediocre cav solod to knights... It was OP but again I can do the same as and archer so.... Everyone had there advantages. I just hate waiting for that Cav to spend 30min using his.....
(03-01-2012, 09:50 AM)Gomer link Wrote: Again sory for the qute tree! But I myself a mediocre cav solod to knights... It was OP but again I can do the same as and archer so.... Everyone had there advantages. I just hate waiting for that Cav to spend 30min using his.....
Actually this is the only reasonable complaint that I have seen so far. Everyone is frustrated when they have to wait for that last surviving horseman making big circles around the crowd of bots, picking them off one by one.

But why does it take that long? Because cavalry players are weak and therefore cautious. They cannot charge into the crowd of bots, swinging their sword left and right - this will get them killed in no time.

And what's the suggested solution? To nerf cavalry so they will become even more cautious and will spend even more time when they're the only survivors!

This logic just escapes me. Actually, if we want to deal with the "last man standing" problem, I would dare to suggest buffing cavalry considerably, to make them more likely to charge into the crowd.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
(03-01-2012, 10:18 AM)Lav link Wrote: [quote author=Gomer link=topic=678.msg6437#msg6437 date=1325584254]Again sory for the qute tree! But I myself a mediocre cav solod to knights... It was OP but again I can do the same as and archer so.... Everyone had there advantages. I just hate waiting for that Cav to spend 30min using his.....
Actually this is the only reasonable complaint that I have seen so far. Everyone is frustrated when they have to wait for that last surviving horseman making big circles around the crowd of bots, picking them off one by one.

But why does it take that long? Because cavalry players are weak and therefore cautious. They cannot charge into the crowd of bots, swinging their sword left and right - this will get them killed in no time.

And what's the suggested solution? To nerf cavalry so they will become even more cautious and will spend even more time when they're the only survivors!

This logic just escapes me. Actually, if we want to deal with the "last man standing" problem, I would dare to suggest buffing cavalry considerably, to make them more likely to charge into the crowd.
[/quote]
I think cav was fine before because any advantage they had was canceled by the map limitations..... So I think it was fine before