Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

selling ni stuff for real money
(22-01-2017, 10:37 PM)LordChaos Wrote:
(22-01-2017, 10:19 PM)Skan Wrote: I personally see no problem with selling or buying gold. I have done it before and would do it again.

There are people who simply do not have the time to play 5-6 hours a day which you'd have to do to grind proper gear if you're not lucky enough, to loot a legendary. Why not let them buy gold and get the gear they want so they can enjoy the game  the way they like to. It will hardly bother you - person grinding -.

I've been playing NI since 2012 and never looted an legendary item. I got my gear worth millions of gold through playing and good trading.
If I was to start picking up Nordinvasion today, I'd probably play for a week and then drop it because now I do not like grinding for games anymore nor do I have the time for it.

To kip: encouraging people to exclude players from events or in general is shameful and you as an old player and now dev should really not say something like that. Not mature at all.

How is it fair that someone would be paid with real money because he simply got lucky or just played enough to save etc..? It doesn't make sense, you want to earn money through the game?

PS: *DING DING* SHAME  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsOK9Tc60M !!!!! NSFW !!!!!!!!!

To be fully clear, he stated his argument for having the option to exchange something other than time for it. It never states anything about wanting to earn money from the game. The two are not equivalent statements in the least, though the situations occur together.

But to answer your first question: well it's not, however adding the element of trading for real money is not where justice leaves the equation. I could simplify your question and remove money as a variable: "how is it fair that someone would get a legendary drop simply because he got lucky or just played enough to save etc...?" With or without money, it wasn't fair in the first place.

This was serious, but it turned into something fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7vkmUNTPA
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
While Skaan may claim he does not want to earn money himself, the other side of the transaction from which he bought gold from speaks otherwise. One side of the party is making money from what is not theirs to collect from when they did NOT create the item, nor do they pay to the creators any shares of the money. Think of for example illegal DVD burning and selling, sure the person took time to make the copies and sell it, they however did not pay the the rightful owner or anything, which is what I see here. People making money on what is not theirs. You may have "earned" the gold or legendary items, but earning the item in game gives you no right to sell it. The rights to profit for items are exclusive with the creators.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(22-01-2017, 11:02 PM)Looter Wrote: While Skaan may claim he does not want to earn money himself, the other side of the transaction from which he bought gold from speaks otherwise. One side of the party is making money from what is not theirs to collect from when they did NOT create the item, nor do they pay to the creators any shares of the money. Think of for example illegal DVD burning and selling, sure the person took time to make the copies and sell it, they however did not pay the the rightful owner or anything, which is what I see here. People making money on what is not theirs. You may have "earned" the gold or legendary items, but earning the item in game gives you no right to sell it. The rights to profit for items are exclusive with the creators.

Making money of someone else's properties, thats exactly how I see it.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(22-01-2017, 11:02 PM)Looter Wrote: While Skaan may claim he does not want to earn money himself, the other side of the transaction from which he bought gold from speaks otherwise. One side of the party is making money from what is not theirs to collect from when they did NOT create the item, nor do they pay to the creators any shares of the money. Think of for example illegal DVD burning and selling, sure the person took time to make the copies and sell it, they however did not pay the the rightful owner or anything, which is what I see here. People making money on what is not theirs. You may have "earned" the gold or legendary items, but earning the item in game gives you no right to sell it. The rights to profit for items are exclusive with the creators.

He's not selling "the item" as created by the contributors of the game. Is someone selling the model, the game files, the database entries for the stats, the picture on the website? No. You would be selling an instance of the item(s) created, access to the instances of the item(s) for your account within the game.

The analogy of copies of artwork is not even close to this situation either. Again, you aren't selling the intellectual property, just access to instances of the item(s).

Did I really just have to explain this? Come on...

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
What is he doing? Making money from an item he didn't create nor has rights profit from, do I have to explain this?

When purchasing warband you buy the right to play a copy of the base game and access to mods, as well as being allowed to modify the game for nonprofit use, not the right to make money in any way from this game.

What right does one have to sell access to instances of this item created when it's used within warband, where no one but Taleworlds can make money from as it is within its game.

And Malong, the instance of the item in game, it's a compilation of all the things you mentioned, the end result of all those efforts put together and used n it's final form.

well, i am the one that booted you out of the CC event skan, and i did it because i still think it is horrible, if the loots and rewards in this mod were dependant on skill, i would not really care too much, but the loot system in nordinvasion sucks from a certain point of view, its nice that everyone has an equal chance, but it is horrible that the people doing absolutely nothing has the same chance as the people carrying the runs, this does also mean that people who has the money, but dont want to grind out the actual items, may buy them with real money, this makes another problem, that the ingame market may now be controlled by the people willing to use money to get their items, i currently know of 2 people who sits on quite alot of wealth that they should not, just because they paid real life money, and by doing this, they actually destroy the market, since the random chance to earn wealth, have now instead of being luck, has been bought, this sickens me to the very core. i know alot of the elder players feel the same way, and i think its bullshit we removed the rule, but again, people who does it will still be less in my eyes, and as far as possible im gonna avoid dealing with them as much as possible.
(22-01-2017, 11:28 PM)Looter Wrote: What is he doing? Making money from an item he didn't create nor has rights profit from, do I have to explain this?

When purchasing warband you buy the right to play a copy of the base game and access to mods, as well as being allowed to modify the game for nonprofit use, not the right to make money in any way from this game.

I guess you missed the first two sentences, so I'll bold them for you:

(22-01-2017, 11:18 PM)Malong Wrote: He's not selling "the item" as created by the contributors of the game... You would be selling an instance of the item(s) created, access to the instances of the item(s) for your account within the game.
(22-01-2017, 11:28 PM)Looter Wrote: What right does one have to sell access to instances of this item created when it's used within warband, where no one but Taleworlds can make money from as it is within its game.

The right is being granted by the revocation of this rule.

Do you believe that the absence of a rule by people who never held the right or authority to allow the sale of these items? Nord Invasion is not the authority. Taleworlds is when it comes to anything within warbands domain. It remains that he is making money, profiting, selling, whatever wording you may wish to twist that it is not within his/her right to do so.

If one want to make money off warband in any way, go down the path of Napoleonic Wars, Viking Conquest as dlc and be Granted permission, buy rights to use the engine as FireAndSword or HanHunDynastySomething is doing in China to sell as standalone games, or go into trading cards on steam where Taleworlds is given cuts of each transaction.

(22-01-2017, 11:40 PM)Looter Wrote: Do you believe that the absence of a rule by people who never held the right or authority to allow the sale of these items? Nord Invasion is not the authority. Taleworlds is when it comes to anything within warbands domain. It remains that he is making money, profiting, selling, whatever wording you may wish to twist that it is not within his/her right to do so.

If one want to make money off warband in any way, go down the path of Napoleonic Wars, Viking Conquest as dlc and be Granted permission, buy rights to use the engine as FireAndSword or HanHunDynastySomething is doing in China to sell as standalone games, or go into trading cards on steam where Taleworlds is given cuts of each transaction.

Absence of a rule means that the action is not prohibited. What aspect of life do you need to be explicitly granted permissions by rules or laws? Also, I checked the EULA of NW (couldn't find it for Warband) and there is no section about items, accounts, etc being non-transferable. This is standard in online games, and typical language is something to the effect of this:

Missing a section like this would then mean it's not prohibited.

Taleworlds EULA For M&B Warband, Well, Published by Paradox. I own a physical copy of M&B Warband so I went in the cd and pulled the file up.

Will Finish Post Soon, If you wish to confirm this is the EULA for Mount and Blade: Warband, it is possible to email Talesworld for your own copy of the EULA to look at if you cannot find it elsewhere.

Excerpts of Note:

"All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement." (2.Ownership)

" C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
(iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution, without the express written consent of Paradox Interactive AB; " (3.Responsibility of the End User)

And there is much else to read, excerpts alone do not make up the entire eula.