Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Healthbar script, a social experiment gone too far?
I was planning on making a large pack with way more features.
Seeing how much trouble this script alone caused really makes me consider whether releasing such pack will blow everyone back in to the stone age.

Why did I make it in the first place? I am a Computer Science student focused on Cyber security. Reverse engineering and de-compiling source codes is something that really gives me a rush while doing it. I have discovered many cool possibilities in the source of NordInvasion. Some of you probably remember me writing in different colours on the NordInvasion servers.

I really hate to see any script go to waste, because some people are abusing it. Already perfected the healthbar script and got rid of any minor bugs. Where it would correctly show the boss' horse health on Cavalry.

What can be done against it? At the moment; very little. The files are already somewhere on the Interwebz and have been redistributed over and over, many times probably even without my knowledge. Though whenever a new update will be released, the healthbar script will be removed from your files, because the checksum doesn't match and I highly doubt that any of you know how to reverse engineer any of the Warband module source. What I rather see is the quest being replace with ones where you can complete the quest by just participating in the runs. IE> Finish a run $x times on Normal, Hard, Ragnarok and Cavalry. And of course lower the reward.

I have a huge passion for breaking, fixing, decompiling, exploiting and programming. SORRY for any trouble I caused, even though I am not responsible for your stupidity.
Sorry no tl;dr this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Healthbar script, a social experiment gone too far? - by Kaasovic - 13-03-2017, 08:33 PM