Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What is the best 1h for Legio?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dreaded War Pick
26.80%
26 26.80%
Excalibur
39.18%
38 39.18%
Halogis Torch
8.25%
8 8.25%
Ragnars Wrath/Wulfsbane
12.37%
12 12.37%
Swadias Wrath
2.06%
2 2.06%
Illustrious
7.22%
7 7.22%
Fang of Fenrir
3.09%
3 3.09%
Fell Edge
1.03%
1 1.03%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is the best 1h for Legio?
(20-10-2017, 06:27 AM)Winter Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:16 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:10 AM)Winter Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 05:28 AM)Nka19 Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 05:17 AM)Winter Wrote: [Image: c16ae22fac.png]

lol, well dont remember any conversations, but thinking about it, i'd might agree the price is undervalued as i always loved DA when i used it, was my first legenary and i know i never cared to use anything else before, not even DWP untill i tried it and kinda started liking that pierce. But the speed is just fun to choop with DA Tongue. Value was always low cause there's been too many of them, and people seems to still wanna stick with the old price even tho there's like 3-6m craftable axe with worse stats that should make DA far more expensive already but yet everyone's ignoring (or not even knowing) that fact.

I also like the Dragon Axe and think it is undervalued Sad  Poor thing isn't even on the poll.
Well, it was 2015? maybe that's why

Erm... What was 2015?  The poll was 2017.
Erm... We are talking about in 2015 he agreed with me that da was undervalued. As Da Stats have gone up and the price is just about the same the point stands that his view from 2015 to now would be no different and as you can see ^^^.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(20-10-2017, 06:32 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:27 AM)Winter Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:16 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:10 AM)Winter Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 05:28 AM)Nka19 Wrote: lol, well dont remember any conversations, but thinking about it, i'd might agree the price is undervalued as i always loved DA when i used it, was my first legenary and i know i never cared to use anything else before, not even DWP untill i tried it and kinda started liking that pierce. But the speed is just fun to choop with DA Tongue. Value was always low cause there's been too many of them, and people seems to still wanna stick with the old price even tho there's like 3-6m craftable axe with worse stats that should make DA far more expensive already but yet everyone's ignoring (or not even knowing) that fact.

I also like the Dragon Axe and think it is undervalued Sad  Poor thing isn't even on the poll.
Well, it was 2015? maybe that's why

Erm... What was 2015?  The poll was 2017.
Erm... We are talking about in 2015 he agreed with me that da was undervalued. As Da Stats have gone up and the price is just about the same the point stands that his view from 2015 to now would be no different and as you can see ^^^.

It would have been conducive to coherence to have responded to the post Nka or I made about that, rather than the one where I agreed about the Dragon Axe being undervalued made later on.

Agreeing it is undervalued does not mean it should be the same value as the "Dreaded War Pick or Rag[nar's Wrath?] etc. or just more."  I agree it is undervalued, as you can see, and I do not think it should be equal in price to the Dreaded War Pick.  You said Nka believes the Dragon Axe "should maybe even be as much as DWP rag etc at the 10m mark or just more." I don't see any place in which he says that.
(20-10-2017, 06:44 AM)Winter Wrote: It would have been conducive to coherence to have responded to the post Nka or I made about that, rather than the one where I agreed about the Dragon Axe being undervalued made later on.

Agreeing it is undervalued does not mean it should be the same value as the "Dreaded War Pick or Rag[nar's Wrath?] etc. or just more."  I agree it is undervalued, as you can see, and I do not think it should be equal in price to the Dreaded War Pick.  You said Nka believes the Dragon Axe "should maybe even be as much as DWP rag etc at the 10m mark or just more."  I don't see any place in which he says that.

(20-10-2017, 05:28 AM)Nka19 Wrote: but thinking about it, i'd might agree the price is undervalued as i always loved DA when i used it

Will that do

(20-10-2017, 06:52 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:44 AM)Winter Wrote: It would have been conducive to coherence to have responded to the post Nka or I made about that, rather than the one where I agreed about the Dragon Axe being undervalued made later on.

Agreeing it is undervalued does not mean it should be the same value as the "Dreaded War Pick or Rag[nar's Wrath?] etc. or just more."  I agree it is undervalued, as you can see, and I do not think it should be equal in price to the Dreaded War Pick.  You said Nka believes the Dragon Axe "should maybe even be as much as DWP rag etc at the 10m mark or just more."  I don't see any place in which he says that.

(20-10-2017, 05:28 AM)Nka19 Wrote: but thinking about it, i'd might agree the price is undervalued as i always loved DA when i used it

Will that do

It is like you didn't even read what I posted.
(20-10-2017, 06:53 AM)Winter Wrote:

Will that do

??? "Or just more" do you see this as me saying more than dwp?  

(20-10-2017, 06:56 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 06:53 AM)Winter Wrote:

Will that do

??? "Or just more" do you see this as me saying more than dwp?  

Yes. "As much as DWP/Rag/etc. at 10m or just more" seems like you are saying that is should be more than the DWP/rag that are at the 10m mark. If that isn't what you mean, that is an unfortunate miscommunication. Regardless, I just wanted to post a funny picture of Nka responding that he had no recollection of said discussion with you. As I've already said, I agree with your statement that the Dragon Axe is undervalued. I just thought the part where you cite people as agreeing with you without asking them first (or recently [within the past 2 years is a good start Tongue]) is funny.
I don't see Beer as a choice, because I have one and I think it has better stats then every weapon in this mod, it should be declared best weapon to use on Legionnaire.
OK so I have never cared for stats to much
As I said I used Excalibur once on my RG and to me DWP was much better
I guess what I should have said is that now that I have used it as Legio I think it's better then DWP for Legio
(20-10-2017, 05:46 AM)Sargent Q Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 04:05 AM)Malong Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 03:11 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: The weapons in NI also make the most difference.  I was just playing with the Steel Stinger and Ragnar's Wrath earlier today.  Steel Stinger has better stats than the Ragnar's in every stat except range.  However it felt shorter and slower than the ragnar's. Both were used on the same character.  

DWP has the Exact same length as the Dragon Axe.  Yet every one i know says dragon axe is shorter.  Can you explain that just by looking at the stats without having used either?

It felt shorter and slower or actually is shorter and slower? Was any scientific method used to make these determinations in your experiments? Did you eliminate variables of being on different servers, and hitting targets at the same distance? Swing an arbitrarily large number of times without stopping against an invulnerable stationary bot in a test environment, noting hits at various distances and timing yourself. Then you can calculate their basic aggregate metrics of distance and speed. If the findings are contrary to expectations based on item stats, then sure.

About "feelings" and beliefs: "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

If you had ever used a dragon axe you would know what i mean.  If you listened to about anyone in the game with any willingness to believe them you would know what i mean.  The Dragon axe does not reach as far in use as the DWP.  Despite the fact they have the exact same length.  Using your argument the Dragon axe should be as good or better than the DWP against all except the heavy armored enemies.  Yet I have NEVER see someone take it over the DWP against anything ANYWHERE.  

I have used Dragon Axe. But again there is no actual proof behind your claim. Find some distance such that while standing this distance from a stationary target, you can reach that distance by striking one weapon, but not a second weapon that has equivalent length stat from the first. Until it's actually demonstrated (with data and analysis available), the second part is concluded on unfounded claims.

To show I'm a reasonable person: if anyone finds such distance with relevant bug reporting info (stationary environment info including distance to target under the only condition of changing weapons, a reproducibility rate, the steps to reproduce, and evidence in the form of logging or video to show that every variable other than the two weapons has been removed in your testing), then I will gladly post "you can't determine rankings of items without playing with them because sometimes the stats are misleading." Is that fair enough?

Following up on the "I have used Dragon Axe" statement: this is not enough to make the determination. I would have had to: hit a bot with DWP, then stood in the same spot without getting moved, then swapped to Dragon Axe, then waited for it or another bot to come back to the exact same spot, then swung the Dragon Axe to time my swing to strike the spot as the bot arrived there, and then was unable to hit the bot with Dragon Axe while being able to hit with DWP. This is one way to actually demonstrate the two are different in game despite having the same length, not using any subjective feelings.

Furthermore, I want to address the repeated argument of "if you listened to about anyone in the game." This is not equivalent to any proof. First of all, the idea that two weapons with the same length stat have different lengths in game is not a subjective matter in the least. Either one is longer than the other, or they are the same length both in stats and in game. And either way, there would be _evidence_ to show the former. Second of all, even if this was a matter to be determined by polling: no random sampling is done (this is assuredly a "me and the people I play with feel this way" type of statement), and no analysis to determine a margin of error.

(20-10-2017, 05:46 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: If you insist that the only way to know how good a weapon is, is by looking at the stats of the item and drawing the conclusions from that.  Than why are you here?

Where did I post "the only way to know how good a weapon is, is by looking at the stats of the item?" I posted "if one just looks at stats and thinks abstractly, they can figure it out." What you claim I posted, and what I actually posted are not anything close to equivalent. It seems you're attempting a proof by contradiction, except you're using a statement I never made in the first place.

For the "th[e]n why are you here" question: I know it follows a false premise, but I'll answer it anyway. I posted here because I found the following quote incredibly amusing:

(13-10-2017, 03:46 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
Now that we have it I have to say Excalibur is the best one handed in game

You can even find my first post in this thread that is replying to this quote and another similar one. From that alone, you can derive the answer to "th[e]n why [is Malong posting] here" (i.e. it was only in reply to those two statements). I never once stated my opinion on which is better; that was never particularly interesting to me. What indication is there that any of my posts in this thread is in any relation to the topic of "which 1h is better?" Anyway, here is my first post in this thread for reference:

(14-10-2017, 01:53 PM)Malong Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 07:40 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: I would just like to ask how is it best if you never see it in sever and can't buy it?

(13-10-2017, 03:46 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
Now that we have it I have to say Excalibur is the best one handed in game

This is the equivalent of saying "I didn't know about it, so it didn't happen." The stats are the stats. It was always good/bad/mediocre regardless of if someone had never seen it.

(20-10-2017, 05:46 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: Why are you even trying to argue in this thread?  The Original post even stats that its opinion.  Opinion does not care about "scientific methods".  Opinion is based off of using the weapon in game.  There fore what you are arguing is completely contrary to the reason of this thread and if you will not see that there is no reason to argue with you.  There is no reason to even listen to you in this thread.

The fact that you put the scientific method in quotes is incredibly troubling for the future of America. Anyway, if a reply follows a quote, the reply is only applicable to that post (i.e. replying to it), and not any other post in the thread. I take it you've read a novel with dialogue, or a play, or a [tran]script at some point in your life; well, nested quotes work in the same fashion. My post about the scientific method is not in relation to determining which item is the best in people's opinions (the original post). Rather, it is in relation to your claim that two weapons with the same length stat do not have equivalent length.

To save you from scrolling up:

(20-10-2017, 04:05 AM)Malong Wrote:
(20-10-2017, 03:11 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: The weapons in NI also make the most difference.  I was just playing with the Steel Stinger and Ragnar's Wrath earlier today.  Steel Stinger has better stats than the Ragnar's in every stat except range.  However it felt shorter and slower than the ragnar's. Both were used on the same character.  

DWP has the Exact same length as the Dragon Axe.  Yet every one i know says dragon axe is shorter.  Can you explain that just by looking at the stats without having used either?

It felt shorter and slower or actually is shorter and slower? Was any scientific method used to make these determinations in your experiments? Did you eliminate variables of being on different servers, and hitting targets at the same distance? Swing an arbitrarily large number of times without stopping against an invulnerable stationary bot in a test environment, noting hits at various distances and timing yourself. Then you can calculate their basic aggregate metrics of distance and speed. If the findings are contrary to expectations based on item stats, then sure.

About "feelings" and beliefs: "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Never said DA should be same as DWP, i just feel it shoud be at least more than craftable stuff, so 6-10m around there.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32