Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion Community Feedback and Suggestions Thread 2017
(12-10-2017, 05:07 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 12:01 AM)Winter Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 11:57 PM)Disco Wrote: ((Controversial Idea)) I will probably get some bad rep for this idea. What if we implemented a crafting system where players collect materials from nords in game and use them to create armours, weapons and support items. This idea may seem badly flawed but hear me out on this one.

Finally, someone that knows what "controversial" means!

Sorry for accidentally editing your post, I meant to hit "Reply" Sad

I also had the idea once that recipes should take 10x as many materials and droprates should be multiplied to reflect this, that way people won't be going through runs getting literally no materials that contribute towards their desired crafting goals.  I prefer games that give me slow, somewhat consistent increments of progression over ones based solely on rare spurts of luck.  I'd also suggest removing/simplifying recipes that are simply annoying to craft such as Hardened Metal.  Crafting used to be fun, but it seems that shortly after House Crafting was added it just became a chore for most people.

There's nothing wrong with MOST of the current recipes, drop rates shouldn't be changed all the time though TBH. It's very unpredictable then the community has no idea what's going on and what they can do for drops. It's quit annoying. I'm talking about material drops here btw, not legendary drops. Years ago you could count on heavy huscarls for those juicy lumps back when there was still wave 20. Then you could grind out a tome or higher up items. Or you could kite for HM etc. Now at this current point in time it's quite a pain. When drop rates in mats are changed all the time no one knows wtf is going on. Here's my idea. Set a drop rate for materials that works, for all the mats, then don't change it all the time.
I disagree in parts with both of you. Here are my 2 cents on this:
It is true that crafting needs a complete overhaul. Also threads should be maintained. I hereby offer some of my time to help if it's wanted.
In fact, it is my opinion that many beautiful items forever remain a dream for some players that simply don't have the opportunity to invest as much time to play and spend at the forums than others. They would need months to collect the required materials to craft not even a high end item. Some crafting recipes are ok, some are just insanely unaffordable. Let's take Bear Armor for an example here. The price of Bear Fur climbed to 50k making the recipe nearly double the price of which it is sold for and thereby completely illogical to craft. It took me 8 weeks to loot a single Bear Fur. I just bought the armor now and gave up on the plan to have it crafted a week ago, realizing how useless it would be to wait for the mats to find their way into my armory.
So I guess many recipes just need a closer look and I agree that they should be simplyfied in the already pointed out way. But Drop Rates should by all means be improved for mats as to make crafting recipes accessible for players as well that aren't in the game for years already. It is a disproportionate
advantage to be as rich as some players are and frustrates those who have just started to play.

May I mention again that it would be really nice to at least be able to skip Beginner Quests that are not completable?! If you don't want to make those kills count it would at least be great if said quests don't spam the list!
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nord Invasion Community Feedback and Suggestions thread 2017 - by Green_Dragon - 12-10-2017, 07:44 AM