Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordinvasion's aim
25 rounds 8)
I just left a game. Hard EU3. And the one playing uses tome and barrels to an excess. Every wave they use barrel and then tome in more barrels and tomes. Sometimes as often  as 2-4 times per wave. People started to crash before the 2nd spawnwave.

It really takes the fun out of the game and it seems to be all about legendary hunt.

Is there any rules about how these items can be used.

Same goes for the normal cades that are used in the stairs rendering the shieldwall obsolete not in this game thou.
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
(31-12-2012, 09:41 PM)Simpleton link Wrote: Same goes for the normal cades that are used in the stairs rendering the shieldwall obsolete not in this game thou.

They already are caring for this
Wusel @ Omnia
Well it's kind of a different story for others who spend hours trying to get a legendary (700) and never get one while others just get one weekly..

(31-12-2012, 11:01 AM)Hablam link Wrote: think you got a good point there, nowadys i don't rage if I die after last spawn because it's "too" easy
so +1

You don't rage quit after last spawn because you're already rich and have legendaries. For others, its just a good waste of an hour because they probably didn't get any drops such as a scale of fafnir anyway.

To reply to monkeys topic:

I don't think the issue is the barrels, I think the issue is the tomes. On the map offshore you are guaruntee'd a win if you have 1 tome. Anyone dies? Just res them and they'll be right in the spawn. Need more cades? Just res them. Need more anything? Just res them.

People don't like using the barrel because it misses out on drop potentials, (although not in the recent games i've played), (People seem nowadays to just blow the barrel for the hell of it then just spawn in another one because they're already rich and dont require these "Petty" drops).

I do think the main issue tbh is actually community money when you look at it. Its all got to do with selfishness. People with barrels and tomes are already rich, probably got legendaries and sold them so they dont really care about anything else but getting MORE legendaries.

It's the same deal with lvl 52 people in normal mode. They just go rambo half the time and leave the redshirt rangers with 0 assist xp. Selfishness, again. But hey, it can't be helped.

All thats going through my head is.. If you're already rich with trans, royal, tome, all of that fancy shit, then you don't need more.. but hey, if I was in there shoes, I would try to get more and just barrel the stuff unless I had the decency to not do so some day, and I'm sure anyone that would be in my position would feel the same way as I do (the poor people in NI).
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Increase drop chance for admins, we all are happy. On a serious note, getting into a nice little spot and sitting there the whole normal/hard mode is a little boring at times. Increasing rounds from 20 to whatever round would be kinda weird.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Quote:Slayer link=topic=8574.msg70180#msg70180 date=1357075437]
I don't think the issue is the barrels, I think the issue is the tomes. On the map offshore you are guaruntee'd a win if you have 1 tome. Anyone dies? Just res them and they'll be right in the spawn. Need more cades? Just res them. Need more anything? Just res them.

That is true; i as a tome carrier i noticed that ppl got softer since more tomes are in game. Some ppl don't watch anymore not to get headshoted, cuz they know there is a tome in game so they will be rezzed. I have an suggestion to nerf tomes a bit. Make them unpickable from the ground. so at rezz there the tome get wasted, so tome carrier don't just drop tome and go spec and get revivied with the "unlucky" one.

Quote:Slayer link=topic=8574.msg70180#msg70180 date=1357075437]
Well it's kind of a different story for others who spend hours trying to get a legendary (700) and never get one while others just get one weekly..

I know how that feels, been there, 1600 hours in over a year of gameplay, only legendary loot in time of rollback. Am being at odin/slepnir/prince kills regulary almost daily so it's not that i wouldn't be there to little. And as a player with zero legendary drops i look sad upon extra nerfs that are there because the community is playing just to get legendary loots, no matter the means to get them.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
(02-01-2013, 06:50 AM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: I have an suggestion to nerf tomes a bit. Make them unpickable from the ground.
this.
As much as I love tomes and barrels I think they need to be removed from the game and their owners compensated for their loss in materials. the game is way different with them and the sense of accomplishment in getting to prince and odin is that much more without barreling every wave. As to the maps I agree that there should be more "open" maps with less camp spots. I think the players should build their own base with cades.
(02-01-2013, 07:36 AM)Peter_File link Wrote: As to the maps I agree that there should be more "open" maps with less camp spots. I think the players should build their own base with cades.

In my opinion tomes and barrels don't need to be nerfed or removed, just nerf the maps and put in some other types of barricades so that we can build up a camp spot almost in an open field.
I think it's just the "good" maps with their camp spots that make this game so easy nowadays. Look at Swadian City, you really need to have a planned and good barricade setup there unless you want to die within the first 4 waves.

The tome nerf to make it unpickupable (dunno if this word actually exists ???) could actually work I guess. Tomes would not be thrown around like useless stuff anymore.

Or maybe you could just remove the possibility of suicide, although this would lead into suicide by running into the enemy lines...

Thanks so far for these nice ideas, keep on thinking about it!
We have a few "changes" in the pipes to try and address some of these concerns... Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus