Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordinvasion's aim
(02-01-2013, 03:56 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: [quote author=Murrow link=topic=8574.msg70333#msg70333 date=1357137900]
Moar rangers!
[/quote]
xD
The problem is that most players that are active on the forum and in this topic are the experienced, old, powerful, skilled players in NI. From their point of view, the game is getting easier and easier because they have tons of stuff such as barrels, tomes, transitional armours, eastern katanas and so on at their disposal. Making the game more difficult would satisfy the needs of this group of elite-NI players, yes. But what about the new players? They still have to go through the phase of being a newbie like the rest of us many months ago and they don't have a say in this because they haven't joined the forum yet. What I'm trying to say is that we're only looking at this problem from one side, the overpowered side of NI. If we're just making the game harder overall we will eventually scare new players away and only the few good players will remain.

Well, I'm sure the devs already thought of this but I just wanted to give you my two cents. What I suggest is some sort of extra hard mode. Perhaps even the addition of easy mode for level 1-10 as suggested in another topic. Then the new players can still enjoy the game like we used to months ago, and us experienced players can relive the fun by playing on the very hard mode. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope I didn't put my thoughts down too vaguely.
Striker strikes again.

(02-01-2013, 04:51 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote: The problem is that most players that are active on the forum and in this topic are the experienced, old, powerful, skilled players in NI. From their point of view, the game is getting easier and easier because they have tons of stuff such as barrels, tomes, transitional armours, eastern katanas and so on at their disposal. Making the game more difficult would satisfy the needs of this group of elite-NI players, yes. But what about the new players? They still have to go through the phase of being a newbie like the rest of us many months ago and they don't have a say in this because they haven't joined the forum yet. What I'm trying to say is that we're only looking at this problem from one side, the overpowered side of NI. If we're just making the game harder overall we will eventually scare new players away and only the few good players will remain.

Well, I'm sure the devs already thought of this but I just wanted to give you my two cents. What I suggest is some sort of extra hard mode. Perhaps even the addition of easy mode for level 1-10 as suggested in another topic. Then the new players can still enjoy the game like we used to months ago, and us experienced players can relive the fun by playing on the very hard mode. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope I didn't put my thoughts down too vaguely.

I think nobody said anything about buffing normal mode, and from my point of view normal mode is nicely balance, from being easy at early waves and still being hard at ending waves, so nobody is driving new players away. But it's a fact that hard mode has in last few months become a medium mode. But with new modes it would require new servers, more servers means more money. We tried nerfing maps, but the big part of community was raging and leaving mod.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
(02-01-2013, 05:01 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: [quote author=Lord Striker link=topic=8574.msg70368#msg70368 date=1357145473]
The problem is that most players that are active on the forum and in this topic are the experienced, old, powerful, skilled players in NI. From their point of view, the game is getting easier and easier because they have tons of stuff such as barrels, tomes, transitional armours, eastern katanas and so on at their disposal. Making the game more difficult would satisfy the needs of this group of elite-NI players, yes. But what about the new players? They still have to go through the phase of being a newbie like the rest of us many months ago and they don't have a say in this because they haven't joined the forum yet. What I'm trying to say is that we're only looking at this problem from one side, the overpowered side of NI. If we're just making the game harder overall we will eventually scare new players away and only the few good players will remain.

I think nobody said anything about buffing normal mode, and from my point of view normal mode is nicely balance, from being easy at early waves and still being hard at ending waves, so nobody is driving new players away. But it's a fact that hard mode has in last few months become a medium mode. But with new modes it would require new servers, more servers means more money. We tried nerfing maps, but the big part of community was raging and leaving mod.
[/quote]

I also think normal mode is nicely balanced, and indeed nothing was said about buffing that mode. I was referring to the buffing of hard mode. New players will eventually, at level 32, want to do something different, and that's what hard mode is meant for. For the extra challenge. Maybe I shouldn't have said 'chase the new players away' but instead should've picked the term 'intermediate players'. If hard mode is made harder, intermediate players will have no way of reaching any high wave on their own and thus are stuck on normal mode. But then again, there are quite active 'good players', so with their help they may get far too. However, they would always need good players to guide them.

I understand your point about the new servers and more money, so the new modes thing is a no-go. Hmm, maybe nerfing of maps isn't that bad an idea after all. Maybe it just needs a different approach. Last time the maps were nerfed the camp spots were removed, but there was not really another option for the players, no other playstyle. If campspots are removed I think other playstyle options should be offered. Now all we need to do, according to me, is to figure out which new playstyles we can use Tongue
Striker strikes again.

Make shields wear/break easier and hence shieldwall needs to be rotated, even in the middle of the wave.
Make load (weight) slow you more, and you will see people choosing lighter loads Wink
+1
I agree completely, but here comes my wave of mush-stories again. Deal with it.
-
The first time I ever got to the Nord Prince was back in March 2012, where the cav was and all.
I hid behind the commandos who blocked, the archers who shot and the pike-men who slashed.
At the last wave, I couldn't see the leader because he was blocked out by his soldiers; he was the last soldier left alive.
We had 3 people left not including me (redshirt!  :Smile )
In the end, he died and I got no loot, but I felt VICTORIOUS.
I had just beaten the game. Well, part of it.
I had myself a beer that night, and I had it well.
-
When you said more cades, my eyes instantly slapped the screen.
I think you're right; we should be able to build a castle with defenses, heck, maybe even place-able soldiers on those walls just for defense.
Like, a wall cade that costs stone that you could find while foraging or something, then place it for maximum barrication.
Good luck, I hope the devs slap the screen too.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(02-01-2013, 11:52 PM)Terath86 link Wrote: +1
I agree completely, but here comes my wave of mush-stories again. Deal with it.
-
The first time I ever got to the Nord Prince was back in March 2012, where the cav was and all.
I hid behind the commandos who blocked, the archers who shot and the pike-men who slashed.
At the last wave, I couldn't see the leader because he was blocked out by his soldiers; he was the last soldier left alive.
We had 3 people left not including me (redshirt!  :Smile )
In the end, he died and I got no loot, but I felt VICTORIOUS.
I had just beaten the game. Well, part of it.
I had myself a beer that night, and I had it well.
-
When you said more cades, my eyes instantly slapped the screen.
I think you're right; we should be able to build a castle with defenses, heck, maybe even place-able soldiers on those walls just for defense.
Like, a wall cade that costs stone that you could find while foraging or something, then place it for maximum barrication.
Good luck, I hope the devs slap the screen too.

i dont believe you did see all of this Smile Pikes? no Knights ? whatsoever :

Good Points have been made , and as always, the devs will make an interesting decision regarding the future of NI.
Wusel @ Omnia
Swadian pikemen and cavalry are mutually exclusive.

Terath probably has a bad memory.
Tongue
(02-01-2013, 07:36 PM)Balaur link Wrote: Make shields wear/break easier and hence shieldwall needs to be rotated, even in the middle of the wave.
+1

It always adds a bit of excitement when you have to find a new shield on the ground in the middle of a vet huscarls wave.  If shields could get another Nerf I think it would help without having to many changes to the current game play as people would be dying more and not getting to odin as fast or as much.