Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordinvasion's aim
Well , it might bring down a few servers (which mostly aren't even used anyway... peak hours we have what , 5-6 used servers out of 15 ?) but I still think it's needed to enjoy this mod again. As many pointed out, now it's just a matter of finding the tighest choke point and camp it. You have people shielding, people slashing, people throwing stuff and shooting pew pews and rest are just sitting ducks enjoying the XP and loot. When I was a redshirt, hell you needed skills to make it to captain, making it to an warlord was an achievement and we would barely see the Commander. Prince was a myth still back then Tongue The only way to see his sword was to play with King_Of_Swadia a.k.a. Jez.

Now, hell I've been sitting on the best gear for more than 8 months and farmed so much, I'm getting really tired of sitting behind shielders and pew-pewing. So I start a new character and I end up being stuck behind a shieldwall getting loot I don't really deserve, getting XP I couldn't get by myself, just because they are mosly too many high levels with too many high tier gear. You're not really suposed to be able to farm Odin and Prince and have 6+ legendaries. I would increase chance to get legendaries from easier bosses and reset everyone ! Vote for me for president and I'll save Swadia !
(08-01-2013, 05:22 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: This ain't for trolling but an honest idea.

Full Reset for eveybody.

That would make things really interesting and fun once more.
That would fix the current messed up economy.
People who abused gold bugs back in the days and weren't caught would lose most of their not-so-deserved legedaries.
Any beta games/mod have reset after major changes. We NEVER reseted all the characters.
People would probably rage but would have more fun after a few rounds played.

To be honest i kinda like this idea, but before there should be a stable version of the game. So without any big abuses or advantages with soloing.
To prevent people rage quitting, may add something like a ladder mode like in Diablo 2. So there are some severs where you can use your old character, but the rest would be just for the new ladder characters and also trading with old and new characters would be disabled. So they would be completely separated from each other.
I hope you get my point, just brainstorming Smile
+1 for ladder system.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
I will definately not vote you for president but nevertheless I like the idea of reseted accounts.
Playing my first char to lvl 52 was pretty hard and pretty funny. I enjoyed the teamwork and was really happy even reaching commander.
Then I started my second acc and it was still fun even tho not as challenging as before.
But my third and my fourth became simply boring. Lvled my sharpshooter up to lvl 42 in 2 weeks!
After doing that I stopped playing NI for a while as it was just boring. Many ppl stopped playing for the same reason (at least many of my mates).
Now I sit on a shit load of mats and nice equipment yer I was even able to buy 2 legendaries but its no fun anymore grinding the nords.
So +1 for reseted acc or any other thing that has the same effect.
My steam account: Dragz 

Loots:
27/08/15 Royal Winged Helmet
24/10/15 Durendal

[Image: taker-brock-laugh.gif?08bce4]
Well we'll wait and see what happens. We have a big patch in the pipes Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
I don't like the reset account part. You will have everything reseted then. You need start up everything and do it all over again. Maybe, we have this same situation next year.
Yes, there are really people who are working hard for their stuff, it's not everyone is rich, there are poor people, I"M NOT POOR.

I think we just have to wait for the new patch, which Hypernoma mentioned. Maybe there will be changes and better things to make the mod nicer and harder.

Guys, think once again about the reset. I think that there will be people(idk how many) will leave this mod if there is a reset for everyone.
Also think about the bad parts of starting again..

On the other side I like the reset, because everyone is the same then. Noone is very rich and has all the legendaries, everyone is the same. Untill they will loot legendaries, then we start again.
Beating Odin or Prince isn't fun anymore,  it's too easy. It's like you invite a few guys when it's FUS, they will come with their legendaries and cool gear and then in an hour or less you are at Sleipnir..

I know in the old days, there were two healers and everyone tried to kill the valkeries, because they were pretty hard to kill and we did a valkery wave in 5 minutes. Now the valkery wave is done in 1 minute.

Like I said before, we might have this situation again in 2014, if it's like it is now.

Thanks for reading.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
(08-01-2013, 06:16 PM)k4mi link Wrote: To be honest i kinda like this idea, but before there should be a stable version of the game. So without any big abuses or advantages with soloing.
To prevent people rage quitting, may add something like a ladder mode like in Diablo 2. So there are some severs where you can use your old character, but the rest would be just for the new ladder characters and also trading with old and new characters would be disabled. So they would be completely separated from each other.
This is the best option I've seen in the recent list of ideas. If we were to outright reset everybody, I have a feeling the people who spent a load of time struggling to make it to top tier characters are going to be just a tad upset that all their work was sponged away just because some big-whigs were restless.

If it were to have been done just after I made it to Commando, I would seriously consider quitting. What's the point of playing if I don't get to enjoy the fruits of my labor?
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
To make it short, the account reset isn't a solution, and it would be really hard to swallow for casual-not-so-rich players and many rich players as well.
I fully support the idea of ​​making the mod more difficult, I am ready to make sacrifices on some points I like, to allow the novelty, but as far as I'm concerned, the account reset would just lead to the end of the mod.
Buff the nord, nerf the players. Well, this isn't the best idea, but I think there are some improvements possible through this way.
I'm too busy to propose anything right now though, I'm sorry

Quote: I have a feeling the people who spent a load of time struggling to make it to top tier characters are going to be just a tad upset that all their work was sponged away just because some big-whigs were restless.
+1
Thatsmybanana : Good job YunYun

[spoiler=Naughty Yuri]
[Image: 1B9EnSS.png]
[Image: yurii.png]
[Image: yuriiih.png]
[Image: yurij.png]
(08-01-2013, 06:53 PM)NickyJ link Wrote: [quote author=k4mi link=topic=8574.msg72063#msg72063 date=1357668974]To be honest i kinda like this idea, but before there should be a stable version of the game. So without any big abuses or advantages with soloing.
This is the best option I've seen in the recent list of ideas. If we were to outright reset everybody, I have a feeling the people who spent a load of time struggling to make it to top tier characters are going to be just a tad upset that all their work was sponged away just because some big-whigs were restless.
[/quote]

I agree, could be just me but I would not really agree on deleting my 3 level 52 accounts I played with for 1 year or even more.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread until now! Keep dicussing! Smile
I could support having a third mode: Ultra-hard mode. As the name suggests, it would be even harder than hard mode. Even legendaries wouldn't make it that much easier.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ