Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: The Infantry Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry is OP
4.62%
3 4.62%
Infantry is above average
3.08%
2 3.08%
Infantry is fine as is
23.08%
15 23.08%
Infantry needs some small changes
24.62%
16 24.62%
Infantry is under powered
16.92%
11 16.92%
Infantry is just the worst
7.69%
5 7.69%
Wall Barricades are evil and should be removed
9.23%
6 9.23%
I do not care
10.77%
7 10.77%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Infantry Problem 2
(09-12-2017, 03:15 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Do I need to go and outline what each class [I think] is used for for the third time?

ftfy.
(09-12-2017, 03:15 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: I am not saying MP needs to be OP I am saying it is and we don't need any more OP classes

I think you may have missed the fact that you asked for a buff so it would take 15-20 hit's to kill you from bots that now 1-2 hit you
That is not a limited change
That is a insane change
Am I the only one who thinks that the classes have there own fields of use?
And that the spam of cades have  removed most of those fields?
Do I need to go and outline what each class is used for for the third time?

While I partly agree with cades being used to replace classes it is necessary. The problem is that the mod has so few players that most runs would just end after wave 3 without any cades.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(09-12-2017, 10:59 AM)Swaliant Wrote: That's so sad to hear. Nord ranger takes 2 shots to die with DB? I thought shotgun arrows for Einherjar rangers and badass tricksters were enough! I have never had any pikeman char. But this is just injustice. That stupid nord ranger on hard also needs two shots to die with my chosen marksman using Bolt Tosser with Damascus Bolts!
But I still think infantry is the hardest one. With zweihander you can't even kill some rag bots 2 vs 1. Because when you don't have shield the Nord's swing can pass through his teammate and us Swadians just lose hp when we hit a teammate. There are many problems to write but I am too lazy for that and Leandero has already typed what I think.

The situation may only be solved by some radical changes. I think develepers should implement the following:
-Add 1 more iron flesh stat for all hero classes and add 2 for infantry heroes(3 for jugg maybe?).
-Buff all hero armor stats by 5 and by 10 for infantry(more for jugg again) without adding weight disadvantage. To balance it Legendary armors will be buffed too.
-Let us kill the ranger on hard with 1 db and 1 shot from Bolt Tosser.(This one is a little personal Tongue)
-If there will be no buffs for us, then nerf the Nords on Rag.

Lastly, to all people who will say"Omg wtf you ruined the game! Everyone is too powerful, easy runs!". No my friend, 5-10 more body armor won't save you from getting one hit from Ragnar nor will it save your ass in a field with 16 Einherjar rangers. These little changes are only going to give us some durability in melee combat.

So this is how power creep happens...
And that Winter is why I don't think a buff is the way to go
Because you buff one class and then another feels under powered and so it goes until the only thing that is under powered is the Nords

Edit- Also Woody's is not a creep but a jump
(09-12-2017, 06:45 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: And that Winter is why I don't think a buff is the way to go
Because you buff one class and then another feels under powered and so it goes until the only thing that is under powered is the Nords

So no class should ever be buffed, right? Big Grin

Universal buffs are far more likely to cause power creep than establishing a specific class is underpowered, finding a specific buff to fix it, and implementing said buff.
Does a insane buff to HP or armor count as specific?
(09-12-2017, 07:58 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Does a insane buff to HP or armor count as specific?

Are you implying that all of the buffs advocated for so far are "insane" in nature?  Seems kind of harsh.

And yes, the terms "insane" and "specific" are not mutually exclusive.
This thread is focusing way too much about infantry classes with late tier gear.
A lot of suggestions are being dismissed because of the failure to see that there are others playing this game, not just you or all your veteran friends (which is very wrong to do).
If you think infantry is fine as is, then be open for suggestions that question this statement, don't debunk them with your personal experiences.
After 17 pages I see that this thread is mainly a constant rope pulling over the same stuff, I.E. how a HP buff will make you invulnerable (only applies when late game equipment is acquired).

Shortly said; this thread is cancer, because OP is failing to be open to others' suggestions.
I would just like to point out that most of these buffs are undefined and revolve around the punishment you can take
Most of these want you to be able to tank the later wave's of rag and that just seems like a huge change that would go down though the modes
It would make Rag much faster
Hard spam able
And normal would be a joke

I am sorry if I missed some buffs that where put out but this is what most of it is

Kaas- why are you trying to speak as one who knows the problems of these poorer Infantry?
You are in a shop that has the best Infantry outfit in game
I don't see how I have a anymore tipped view then you

It is forcing way to much on late end gear because that is all that have posted
Someone said something a ways back about Infantry having to little armor below house crafted level but when I pointed out it has more then the only real other tank class it went quite and I never heard anything about it after

I am just going to say it and damn the reactions

The Problem with Infantry is it takes a amount of skill to play
I know this because I have seen skilled players take the top of the score bored without slashing at all
Now most people don't want to try and get that skill and so want buffs to remove it

There I said it all it takes to make your own Infantry overpowered is skill

Now come at me with all the rage you want but that is what it seems to me from my 1.5-2 years of playing it
You are not wrong about the need for skill to play infantry, however this makes it very uninviting to play as infantry, hence why I am bringing up the poorer players situation.
If you think that infantry is fine as it is, because of personal experiences, that's fine. However as chairman of this thread you should know that your personal experiences do not apply to everyone, as the majority of the poll thinks that infantry needs some changes.

Be open for other suggestions other then your own point of view.