Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: The Infantry Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry is OP
4.62%
3 4.62%
Infantry is above average
3.08%
2 3.08%
Infantry is fine as is
23.08%
15 23.08%
Infantry needs some small changes
24.62%
16 24.62%
Infantry is under powered
16.92%
11 16.92%
Infantry is just the worst
7.69%
5 7.69%
Wall Barricades are evil and should be removed
9.23%
6 9.23%
I do not care
10.77%
7 10.77%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Infantry Problem 2
OK thank you for bring up the poll
I am aware some of those looking for a buff to be able to tank rag have said miner changes in it
I would just like to point out that it would take a large buff to get what you want
You may want to change what you voted for
Just saying
(09-12-2017, 10:36 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: I am aware some of those looking for a buff to be able to tank rag have said miner changes in it
I would just like to point out that it would take a large buff to get what you want
Just saying

You probably shouldn't look at a poll and assume you know what they want better than they do.
Just saying.

The "get good" argument will do very little to persuade others or make them sympathetic to your points. I'd avoid making it in the future.
(09-12-2017, 10:36 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: OK thank you for bring up the poll
I am aware some of those looking for a buff to be able to tank rag have said miner changes in it
Just saying

I think the point of Woody's video clips were to show that the best jug/t5 infs die in a matter of seconds to wave 1 of hard. I'm sure that wave 1 of hard does way less damage than wave 14 of rag, so I don't think you can assume this would cause inf to be able to open play on it.

Also these numbers are what Woody said, I don't think anyone else has mentioned hoping to open play on the late rag waves.

Realistically it would take testing with intermediate to extreme buffs against different waves with different armours to find the right balance, which would be hard for any of us to do.
Keeping in mind the damage reduction across game types for specific classes can be done as kaas suggested
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
That is also called just standing there
It would be way different if he was fighting them
Or even moving at all

Also I believe someone said screens could be selected and so where not worth anything here
It's the same with videos
I know I have taking why more punishment from that wave with worse gear
yeah it doesn't mean much if no on else has done it but all of us know that those vids aren't far from the truth. Also people don't move when shielding or when they got themselves trapped in a corner, otherwise often are moving into the opponent and damage is higher. But yeah it is reduced when backpeddling when not vs fast nords who maintain speed rating and using weapon tip.

I'm sure you have taken worse punishment with worse armour. I've also had ragnar bounce against me cos of the angle of his swing.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(09-12-2017, 09:33 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: This thread is focusing way too much about infantry classes with late tier gear.

Well it is a good way of thinking as it's the max of what that class could do. Do you want to start a puzzle in the middle or at the corner? Add the fact it's convenient as most people are on gothic etc.. here.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
OK it's the end of NI
Someone said Infantry is above average...
It's the end
Doom is here
(10-12-2017, 12:44 AM)Woody Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 09:33 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: This thread is focusing way too much about infantry classes with late tier gear.

Well it is a good way of thinking as it's the max of what that class could do. Do you want to start a puzzle in the middle or at the corner? Add the fact it's convenient as most people are on gothic etc.. here.

Do you want to finish a puzzle without the middle part?

Most people are on gothic is quite the assumption and I really want to see that be proven.
(09-12-2017, 11:50 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Also I believe someone said screens could be selected and so where not worth anything here
It's the same with videos

I'm pretty sure that what was actually said was that your screenshots were not necessary in proving that you had a Legionnaire get top kills in a run at a VM event because using that example and only that example is cherry picking evidence and is not particularly relevant to whether or not infantry as a whole is underpowered (see again, one person getting top kills on infantry does not prove it is balanced just like one person getting lowest kills on MP does not mean it is underpowered).  As a refresher:

(02-12-2017, 02:37 AM)Winter Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 02:31 AM)Sir Baron Wrote: It could be said that it's the same for any other class
I have seen top gear MP least kills without being healer

If screens don't count I can't prove anything but no one else can so there is no point being here

It can be said it is the same for any class, yes.  I'm glad you agree that a Legionnaire getting top kills in melee doesn't mean anything, as any class can obtain top kills using their weapons of choice.

Screenshots of a person getting a high score along with their class doesn't prove anything relating to balance, no . . . If no conclusion is reached, at least some ideas will be thrown out that may later be adopted and people will be forced to actually think about their positions in order to provide evidence and reasoning for their beliefs instead of dogmatically shouting the same thing over and over.

In case the "selected" part is the part you take issue with, I believe you are referring to TerrorBite's use of the phrase "cherry picking." Cherry picking is defined as to "selectively choose (the most beneficial items) from what is available." It isn't the fact that it is a screenshot itself, but rather than you have selectively chosen one example to prove your point that infantry is balanced.  Screenshots and videos to provide evidence are very welcome (and probably preferred...), but providing a screenshot of a Legionnaire getting top kills will not help convince people that because a Legionnaire got top kills, the class must be balanced.
My point is I keep getting told one thing then another
I was told to do a poll and then told I can't base anything on it
I was told that I needed to get proof but then that the only why for me to would not work
I was told that screens meant nothing and then told that this video was proof
I wish you guys would stick to the rules you lay out for me