Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bring Back Stuff
(08-01-2013, 09:58 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: Fixing AI, a simple fix?

I wont even bother going down this path with you.

And giving Nords horses won't fix anything lol. You still can kite them on horse, Knights and Champion Knights were easy to solo on horse. SP or MP
Moar Pikeman [Image: pikemen.jpeg]
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
Quote: Fixing AI, a simple fix?
Dont change topic please, the real problem is AI not cavalry, It needs realy tiny change, just force nords not chasing cavalry, i saw it was implemented in other mods.
Quote: And giving Nords horses won't fix anything lol. You still can kite them on horse, Knights and Champion Knights were easy to solo on horse
If there are only few of them you could kite them, make knights weaker, but in larger quantity and put them on faster horses, thats will make kiting mounted nords litteraly impossible. O yes more pikemans and archers/xbowmans also reduce kiter survivability.
Anyway im glad that im not alone missing good old days
(08-01-2013, 10:13 PM)Fighting Phil link Wrote:
Quote: Fixing AI, a simple fix?
Dont change topic please, the real problem is AI not cavalry, It needs realy tiny change, just force nords not chasing cavalry
Quote: And giving Nords horses won't fix anything lol. You still can kite them on horse, Knights and Champion Knights were easy to solo on horse
If there are only few of them you could kite them, make knights weaker, but in larger quantity and put them on faster horses, thats will make kiting mounted nords litteraly impossible. O yes more pikemans and archers/xbowmans also reduce kiter survivability.
Anyway im glad that im not alone missing good old days

On the other hand this would ruin playin on foot...
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(08-01-2013, 09:54 PM)Fighting Phil link Wrote: the problem is not with horses but with bot AI. Sevs(Devs?) will need to fix it sooner or later if they want to improve nord invasion

You realize AI is hard coded in the game. Even if it wasn't, do you know how complex it would be to edit the AI ? I never changed the subject btw. More horses, then it sucks for people on foot (as nicely said by Peso). Faster horses ? Then it sucks for everyone.

So unless you oh mighty can code a new AI or edit the current hard coded one .. this option isn't a valid one
(08-01-2013, 10:20 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: [quote author=Fighting Phil link=topic=8798.msg72169#msg72169 date=1357682053]
the problem is not with horses but with bot AI. Sevs(Devs?) will need to fix it sooner or later if they want to improve nord invasion

You realize AI is hard coded in the game. Even if it wasn't, do you know how complex it would be to edit the AI ? I never changed the subject btw. More horses, then it sucks for people on foot (as nicely said by Peso). Faster horses ? Then it sucks for everyone.

So unless you oh mighty can code a new AI or edit the current hard coded one .. this option isn't a valid one
[/quote]

Sphinx is 100% right on this one. Having cavalry completely imbalances the mod, and the only way to fix that is to fix the bots crappy AI (good luck).
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
(08-01-2013, 10:30 PM)Marlowe Biggs link Wrote: Sphinx is 100% right on this one. Having cavalry completely imbalances the mod, and the only way to fix that is to fix the bots crappy AI (good luck).

AI is hardcoded and changing anything to it isn't part of "modding", making your current game hacked/illegal ? But then again, good luck if you can even understand the hundred(thousand?) lines of code included in the AI. An easy fix eh ? :X
Quote:On the other hand this would ruin playin on foot...
Quote:More horses, then it sucks for people on foot (as nicely said by Peso). Faster horses ? Then it sucks for everyone.
It really depends on balance between amount of horses and toughness of horsemans, example you can spawn 4 knight champions in full plate with greatswords with maxed stats or spawn 10 nords cavalry in mail armor with 2handers and normal stats, i can say i preferr 10 nords cavalry (per 1 player ofcourse).
About faster horses, i was meaning faster horses but with lower other stats, i think it will compensate
Spamming in mass archers/xbows and pikemans not option. But i think current amount of archers is already good against kiters. Spawning them for really important waves like prince with some squad of pikemans also sound well, since even if you kiting bots, you cant damage them while pikemans are alive.
About AI implementation you can look at mods like Prophecy of Pendor, Brytenwalda, they did it somehow.
Regarding the quite low overall skill level in this mod and the loads of afker' s
adding cav would ruin this mod more than improvin it.
(Unaware allies gettin couched on first cav wave etc...)

And a team of kiting cav is far more boring than a nice shieldwall ;-)
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
Why did the devs remove Jeldan?
life is short...
Quote:adding cav would ruin this mod more than improvin it.
you are using too strong words, rather it will spice things up, new tactics, different kind of maps, more replayability, besides there were cav and it was not ruined.
Besides kiting cavalry could fit in really interesting tactics, like defending archers and harrasing bots, surgical killing the toughest enemies, helping in duels by bumping bots and so on. Also it was adding some challenge for team, since not agile team or team which rely too much on horseman can got some trouble, since horseman could die so easily.
Generally im judging from position of player from gameplay perspective, reimplementing cavalry could add lots to it., im aware there are other side - implementation and balance, but im not really good at it and leaving it to devs, just wanted to point out that there are some players who likes to see cavalry back.