Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting.
(12-04-2018, 06:42 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:31 PM)Swaliant Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 04:55 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: My fear is that the same maps will be played over and over again.

Exactly why I oppose this idea. Every hard or ragnarok run is going to turn into an event, same map again and again. It would be really boring. In addition some unpopular maps like Caravan Ambush(one of my favourites) will never have chance with that system.

Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 
Nobody likes to play Caravan Ambush because it just takes ages, I can't remember to ever saw a rag run having sucess on this map, the people just change the map or change the server or stop playing so the map vote would change nothing.
I saw a CC event do a Rag run in 35 minutes on that map

People don't play maps that they don't know
So people pick a few maps and spam them only
(12-04-2018, 04:55 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: My fear is that the same maps will be played over and over again.

Exactly why I oppose this idea. Every hard or ragnarok run is going to turn into an event, same map again and again. It would be really boring. In addition some unpopular maps like Caravan Ambush(one of my favourites) will never have chance with that system.

Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 
[...]

This would require a legion of mappers with dedication to keep them updated. Something NordInvasion is lacking at the moment.
(12-04-2018, 06:47 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

[...]

This would require a legion of mappers with dedication to keep them updated. Something NordInvasion is lacking at the moment.
And for people to agree what a good map is
Is it Parven?
Or is it Castleyard?
Or is it Offshore?
(12-04-2018, 06:44 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: I saw a CC event do a Rag run in 35 minutes on that map

No, it's not about lack of knowledge of particular maps. People just don't want to spend 40-50 mins on 1 map (i'm not talking about events nor organized runs but about casual games) which is annoying as fuck or require unbelievable amount of cades. We want to grind (atleast I do), that's why we want to spam few goods map.  It gives us more chance to achive something we want, otherwise people just get bored and tired of this and the result is leaving/taking break from the game.
Praven is awful for Rag.

Castleyard fast but not good for every team.

Offshore one of the best maps in the map pool.

Swadian Temple good but relatively slow.

Caravan Ambush awful.

Swadian Town awful.

Nordic Village fast but not good for every team.

Kattegat ok map has just again a glitch on the most important position.

Royal Observatory good map but relatively slow.

Fortress under Siege awful.

Swadian Village haven‘t played it since I am back at least it was the best map when I left.

Swadian Keep awful.

Swadian Castle ok but not that fast.

Swadian Lighthouse ok but not that fast.

Forgot probably some (or forgot the name of some) or mixed something up.

Pretty sure a lot people agree with it depending on what maps are played and on which the teams are being successful most time.
Edit: Just to make it clear I talk about Ragnarok.
Thunder Pike  ~ 11.08.2016
Onyx Bolts      ~ 03.09.2016
Phoenix Shield ~ 09.07.2019
Excalibur         ~ 15.07.2019
Steam: Horror    
(12-04-2018, 07:16 PM)Corrndog Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:44 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: I saw a CC event do a Rag run in 35 minutes on that map

No, it's not about lack of knowledge of particular maps. People just don't want to spend 40-50 mins on 1 map (i'm not talking about events nor organized runs but about casual games) which is annoying as fuck or require unbelievable amount of cades. We want to grind (atleast I do), that's why we want to spam few goods map.  It gives us more chance to achive something we want, otherwise people just get bored and tired of this and the result is leaving/taking break from the game.

Here's the thing
People do maps at events and when they do them fast they become public spam maps
It was events that started Castleyard as one of the most spammed maps in game
It was events that started the Old Nordic Village as the most spammed map in game
And I want a honest answer who here does not get bored with doing the same map for 3 hours in a row?

(12-04-2018, 07:24 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote: Praven is awful for Rag.

Castleyard fast but not good for every team.

Offshore one of the best maps in the map pool.

Swadian Temple good but relatively slow.

Caravan Ambush awful.

Swadian Town awful.

Nordic Village fast but not good for every team.

Kattegat ok map has just again a glitch on the most important position.

Royal Observatory good map but relatively slow.

Fortress under Siege awful.

Swadian Village haven‘t played it since I am back at least it was the best map when I left.

Swadian Keep awful.

Swadian Castle ok but not that fast.

Swadian Lighthouse ok but not that fast.

Forgot probably some (or forgot the name of some) or mixed something up.

Pretty sure a lot people agree with it depending on what maps are played and on which the teams are being successful most time.
Edit: Just to make it clear I talk about Ragnarok.
And I would disagree with many of those map labels
For one I love Parven on Rag
And Castleyard is the most spammed map in game
Both Public and event
I see a map changer ending with Castleyard and Nordic Village being played as many times a day as was aloud and not much else getting used
(12-04-2018, 06:42 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote: Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 

That doesn't address the first part ("destroying the good maps"). Somehow, the contributors find time for that.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
So it's a problem when maps that take less then 1/2 hour get nerfed?
Yet people still complain about rag not being hard enough?

(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Malong Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:42 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote: Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 

That doesn't address the first part ("destroying the good maps"). Somehow, the contributors find time for that.
Also I will note I think much of that is Hande
There might be some that is not but a lot of it is him
(12-04-2018, 08:45 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: So it's a problem when maps that take less then 1/2 hour get nerfed?

If you are replying to me, I did not post that this was a problem. I pointed out that the response to the recurring (and very valid) suggestion of "how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good" was the incredibly paradoxical "This would require a legion of mappers with dedication to keep them updated. Something NordInvasion is lacking at the moment." There are people available to ruin desirable maps, but they're not available to improve undesirable ones.

(12-04-2018, 08:45 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Yet people still complain about rag not being hard enough?

You should aim this towards the few specific people who post this. I think you will find this crowd to be in the minority, and more players just want to grind loot. Note that there were no suggestions in this recent thread to make any map more challenging.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Malong Wrote:

It's just a poor attempt to balance the maps I guess. It is hard to set standards in a branche that is so divided.