Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Throwables vs Bows+ arrows
(03-07-2018, 03:04 PM)Forward Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 02:29 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 10:47 AM)poxix Wrote: Warden                     /                 MP
Power draw 7             =          Power throw 7
Archery 300                <          Throwing 325
The increase of damage per power throw is 10 % of the base damage, while the increase for power draw is 14 %, as far as I know. 25 extra skill is like 1 % or something like that. 
(03-07-2018, 12:37 PM)Forward Wrote: Why do you even think throwables should do same damage as bows? As a Warden you're glass cannon and trade your survivability for DPS. As a Master Peltast you're already have access to better armour which both lighter and protects better, have better Athletics skill and better Power Strike on top of it, so you can even successfully fight in melee in dirty situations. So if you want to compare you should compare MP with archer class with more or less same survivability abilities, like Ranger. Typhoon is Warden-locked bow and Ranger has no access to it, and in every possible aspect MP is better then Ranger.
Moreover throwing is best choice in this mod overall, providing all good ranged offence, melee offence, defence and kiting capabilities. So let's not make it even more OP then now.
 The lower weight on the body armor of master peltast and the higher ath makes up for the higher weight of the throwing weapons. Pikeman is a glass cannon class aswell. The increased melee damage of pikeman is compensated with the flying speed of arrows. Archers can shoot a long distance, while pikeman are limited to a closer range, before the projectile  drops to the ground. I dont understand, how you draw the conclusion to compare master peltast to a Ranger. This discussion is about the stats of the top tier equipment of the ranged damage based classes (master peltast and warden). If you get a spear to the chest from 15 m distance, the damage you take should be greater than the damage of the same distance with bows and arrows. 

I dont know, if you can actually use the crafting costs for comparing them. This would put ingame effort (time spent for grinding mats and gold) over realism. Furthermore, this favours classes, which use 2 parts to deal ranged damage over 1. Pikeman with 1 ranged weapon (throwables) has a disadvantage to archers (bows and arrows) and crossbows (bolts and crossbow). As i tried to explain the paragraph above. A spear to the chest should deal more damage, than arrows (at least from a close distance).

I used Ranger as survivability-wise close class to MP, I don't agree with calling MP glass cannon at all. Being close range is completely compensated with 2(!!!!) more Athletics and lighter armour. Having same range DPS as Warden is not justified, because in cading scenario range doesn't matter, extra ammunition or pike can be put on the ground negating ammo count disadvantage too. So with same DPS MP will become overall better then Warden in every aspect, making him OP. I like balance as it is where both MP and Warden have each own pros and cons, so I think MP having little bit less DPS in top-setup is competely fair.

This implies only 1 situation out of the game: a close map with nords spawning near the cading area. However, on other maps there is a long patch the nords need to walk, such as swadien temple (? I think its this map when they need to walk up the hill). On maps like that archers can deal good damage, while it is difficult for pikeman to hit accurate. Moreover, there is a second playstyle: kiting. In this playstyle, there is not possibility to make extra stacks of spears each round and long distance weapons have an advantage over close distance ones. You may not only look at the most common scenario, as I would call it, but instead for other possible ones aswell.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
yeah pike got a better range on melee, with his polearm skills he can do something while archer just got his bow maybe sentry can but he dont have the same range
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret
(03-07-2018, 03:25 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote: This implies only 1 situation out of the game: a close map with nords spawning near the cading area. However, on other maps there is a long patch the nords need to walk, such as swadien temple (? I think its this map when they need to walk up the hill). On maps like that archers can deal good damage, while it is difficult for pikeman to hit accurate. Moreover, there is a second playstyle: kiting. In this playstyle, there is not possibility to make extra stacks of spears each round and long distance weapons have an advantage over close distance ones. You may not only look at the most common scenario, as I would call it, but instead for other possible ones aswell.
For cading scenario:
Since we're talking about top-gear equipment we should consider Ragnarok defence. On Rag having more range is almost irrelevant, even on maps with long shooting range it gives you only couple of kills each wave before Nords hit cades. You can't stand and shoot freely on Rag because Rangers/Snipers/Ballistamans/Siege Masters and so on. So only DPS in mid/close-range matter, where throwing accuracy is good enough.

For kiting scenario:
First, you still can make javelins reserve near ammo box on kiting route, and also there what Shrines made for. Second, as MP you have +2 Athletics, more armour and less encumbrance, it is already insanely good for kiting. Third, we are talking about Rupturers, and personally I think daggers (i.e. Raging Volcanic Daggers) are more suitable for kiting playstyle then spears anyway.
I would agree with 20's. Regular Rupts have more ammo than twiggs, which are just slightly faster. Seems like upgraded twiggs should have more ammo for their upgrade. Kinda weak.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.