Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

breaking the new steam chat
I found this just by googling but i cant find the link again.

basically just gotta go into your files, find the .exe that launches steam 
once you find that, send it as a shortcut to the desktop, then edit the "target" field (it should read "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" or similar), after what is in the target field add " -nofriendsui" (no quote marks).
sadly you'll have to launch steam from said shortcut in order to cancel out the new UI.

this is obviously just one way, and not necessarily the best way.
if there's a better way feel free to share.
(04-08-2018, 08:48 PM)casual Wrote: I found this just by googling but i cant find the link again.

once you find that, send it as a shortcut to the desktop, then edit the "target" field (it should read "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" or similar), after what is in the target field add " -nofriendsui" (no quote marks).
sadly you'll have to launch steam from said shortcut in order to cancel out the new UI.

Firstly, you should remove the apostrophe in the first spoiler (can't open it), secondly, what's wrong with the new layout?
Agreed. The new design is really something wrong. The former was much more convenient and better
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(04-08-2018, 08:51 PM)Noname Wrote: Firstly, you should remove the apostrophe in the first spoiler (can't open it), secondly, what's wrong with the new layout?
We, old people don't like changes.
(05-08-2018, 05:21 AM)Corrndog Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 08:51 PM)Noname Wrote: Firstly, you should remove the apostrophe in the first spoiler (can't open it), secondly, what's wrong with the new layout?
We, old people don't like changes.

even when more than half of the changes are better than the old version

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(04-08-2018, 08:51 PM)Noname Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 08:48 PM)casual Wrote: I found this just by googling but i cant find the link again.

Firstly, you should remove the apostrophe in the first spoiler (can't open it), secondly, what's wrong with the new layout?

Lets see...

First off its much harder to actually see who's online. Especially due to that fact that i do use the sort options for my house.

It uses the sort option and than right below lists everyone even those already listed.

It lags out on notifying me. Yesterday i got notified about a chat message that had been sent the night before.

It can be very hard to actually track down who messaged you. On event nights, i tend to have 10-20 chats open and if i don't see the popup in game, i have to look through each one instead of using what was there before to just look at everyone who is messaging you and see which ones have new replies.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Agreed new friends list sucks, kinda funny how people made a workaround for it the same day it was updated lol
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
(05-08-2018, 04:02 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:

Lets see...

First off its much harder to actually see who's online.  Especially due to that fact that i do use the sort options for my house.  

It uses the sort option  and than right below lists everyone even those already listed.

It lags out on notifying me.  Yesterday i got notified about a chat message that had been sent the night before.

It can be very hard to actually track down who messaged you.  On event nights, i tend to have 10-20 chats open and if i don't see the popup in game, i have to look through each one instead of using what was there before to just look at everyone who is messaging you and see which ones have new replies.

To add on a few reasons:

* Chat tabs are much larger, each width of the chat window shows fewer chats than before
* The left and right arrows on the chat window only scroll across. Before there was a clickable dropdown of every chat to the left or right, and you could jump to a chat (e.g. the incredibly common use case of immediately going to the chats that has new messages, instead of scrolling through the whole list until you see the one with new messages)
* Shift-Tab in game only shows messages from your current session, and does not show chats that were open from your desktop or previous game sessions
* Sorting of the friends list shows people playing games first, when I have already grouped friends by games. I would rather have them sorted by the game which we play together (which I specifically created groups for) than the games they are playing at that moment. If that's useful info, put my own sorting into its own tab.
* Right click invite to game or join game seems to have been removed
* Lack of classic mode option for forced usage of the new UI

Possible bugs:
* No sound notifications
* Scrolling vertically within a chat and pasting into chat don't work sometimes
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
But you can SEND MEMES IN CHAT NOW
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(07-08-2018, 07:41 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote: But you can SEND MEMES IN CHAT NOW

accidental dick pic

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|