Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Attempt to buff commando's part 3.14159
(please note that this is currently a draft and is subject to change)

As an attempt to buff commando's I have coded a system that grants commando's temporary health. This will heal over time (currently set to 5 hp every 5 seconds).
The temporary health is based on your worn body armour, which is then divided by 2 on Ragnarok mode and divided by 3 on Hard mode.

Example:
Implying you are wearing a Defender Armour you will have 84/2 (42) extra health on Ragnarok mode and 84/3 (28) extra health on Hard mode.

The video below showcases the commando buff in progress, please notice the blueish bar (probably have to be adjusted) just above the normal health bar.

Feedback is much appreciated.
That is intriguing. In my opinion, this is a huge imbalance. If this is added to the game then players based on this precedent will begin to require super abilities for other classes, and it can no longer fit in my head
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
Infantry already has the disadvantage of not being able to bring in ranged weaponry, which the exception of Legionnaire. Currently on the more difficult gamemodes, infantry is outperformed by ranged classes. Infantry can only watch how ranged classes spam their ranged weaponry leaving infantry useless. With this buff I am attempting to have people feel confident playing infantry classes again and being able to survive a couple of more hits then usual.
I think this idea will encourage people to pay greater attention to infantry. Is this intended to build up on the already existing inf gameplay or be a whole new part of its own?
What I mean is, are people supposed to continue their previous way of playing the game with additional health or are they meant to rely on their "shields" so as to attack, retreat and recover until they can repeat the process? If this is the case, it would make sense to increase the shield recovery speed after not taking damage for a set period of time since I don't see Juggernauts waiting a 3/4 minute to get going again. Maybe you could add a mechanic that recharges your shield faster/sooner the lower your armour value is (eg. 20% of armour value as delay for quick recharge)
Facerolling Ragnarok as Commando is OP as hell imho. With heal spam infantry team will be unkillable. It was fair when low skill-ceiling classes were better on easy modes and suck on hard ones, with such changes it would make no sense to play anything else, as they will outperform any ranged class on any game mode.
There are a lot of M&B mods focused on melee/cavalry combat and it's completely OK for NI being ranged-oriented, there is no shame for it, and I like balance as it is now.
People are free to choose a new strategy, but can rely on old tactics as well. At the moment it takes 20 seconds out of combat time (time without being hit or delivering a hit) to start regenerating health. I am not sure whether this is too soon or too late, but can be adjusted any time.
(08-08-2018, 11:59 AM)Forward Wrote: Facerolling Ragnarok as Commando is OP as hell imho. With heal spam infantry team will be unkillable. It was fair when low skill-ceiling classes were better on easy modes and suck on hard ones, with such changes it would make no sense to play anything else, as they will outperform any ranged class on any game mode.
There are a lot of M&B mods focused on melee/cavalry combat and it's completely OK for NI being ranged-oriented, there is no shame for it, and I like balance as it is now.

If I understood correctly its an additional health. If so, I guess its meant to not be healable by medics rather than overtime. If so, once that additional health is gone in melee once, inf will have the same health as atm (until regenerated out of combat).

Correct me if I am wrong Kaas.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(08-08-2018, 12:22 PM)Julia. Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 11:59 AM)Forward Wrote: Facerolling Ragnarok as Commando is OP as hell imho. With heal spam infantry team will be unkillable. It was fair when low skill-ceiling classes were better on easy modes and suck on hard ones, with such changes it would make no sense to play anything else, as they will outperform any ranged class on any game mode.

If I understood correctly its an additional health. If so, I guess its meant to not be healable by medics rather than overtime. If so, once that additional health is gone in melee once, inf will have the same health as atm (until regenerated out of combat).

Correct.
(08-08-2018, 12:29 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Correct.

With ability to fight only limited amount of enemies at once and possiblity to change fighters to have half of them regenerating - it's still OP.
(08-08-2018, 12:55 PM)Forward Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 12:29 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Correct.

With ability to fight only limited amount of enemies at once and possiblity to change fighters to have half of them regenerating - it's still OP.

And the endless spam of ranged weaponry is not overpowered?

With a feature like this infantry will have more possibilities instead of hiding behind the barricades doing limited work