Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Attempt to buff commando's part 3.14159
(08-08-2018, 04:30 PM)captain_floofy Wrote: If the community does not like the idea of making it so inf can play effectively and they want the mod to be mostly ranged focus then I recommend a buff to all inf heros to have good range skills with all of the ranged weapons. That way they can effectively pick up the ranged weapons and use them, making them an everything class but a master of none.

Then they wouldn't be infantry any more Wink Look what this turned the legionary into - a heavily armoured peltast
(08-08-2018, 04:43 PM)Pavel Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 04:30 PM)captain_floofy Wrote: If the community does not like the idea of making it so inf can play effectively and they want the mod to be mostly ranged focus then I recommend a buff to all inf heros to have good range skills with all of the ranged weapons. That way they can effectively pick up the ranged weapons and use them, making them an everything class but a master of none.

Then they wouldn't be infantry any more Wink Look what this turned the legionary into - a heavily armoured peltast

I agree, which is why I would personally prefer a method that helps infantry to be better at surviving.
Yes, I'm Floofy.

I hope all is well, and if not try to have a positive attitude because it helps.  Thank you and have a great day!
(08-08-2018, 04:50 PM)captain_floofy Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 04:43 PM)Pavel Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 04:30 PM)captain_floofy Wrote: If the community does not like the idea of making it so inf can play effectively and they want the mod to be mostly ranged focus then I recommend a buff to all inf heros to have good range skills with all of the ranged weapons.  That way they can effectively pick up the ranged weapons and use them, making them an everything class but a master of none.

I agree, which is why I would personally prefer a method that helps infantry to be better at surviving.

Exactly. Survivability is what infantry is lacking. I hope this feature will fix this
(08-08-2018, 12:29 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 12:22 PM)Julia. Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 11:59 AM)Forward Wrote: Facerolling Ragnarok as Commando is OP as hell imho. With heal spam infantry team will be unkillable. It was fair when low skill-ceiling classes were better on easy modes and suck on hard ones, with such changes it would make no sense to play anything else, as they will outperform any ranged class on any game mode.
There are a lot of M&B mods focused on melee/cavalry combat and it's completely OK for NI being ranged-oriented, there is no shame for it, and I like balance as it is now.

If I understood correctly its an additional health. If so, I guess its meant to not be healable by medics rather than overtime. If so, once that additional health is gone in melee once, inf will have the same health as atm (until regenerated out of combat).

Correct me if I am wrong Kaas.

Correct.

If this is how it works, will the temporary health be expended first or the base health? Or as a corollary, can an Infantry character only be healed by med kits after they have tapped into the base health.

e.g. You have B base hp and T temporary hp, you take a hit for H ({B, T, H ∈ N | H < T}), can you or can you not heal that H points of damage? Or can the H points of damage only be healed by the regeneration?
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Damage taken will be deducted from the temporary health first which also makes the player immune to staggering. Base health will can always be restored by normal medic kits. Dependent on the amount of damage delivered by an enemy, further damage might be inflicted on the base health bar if the damage exceeds the temporary health.

The only way to restore the temporary health is by waiting out the out of combat penalty.
I really like this idea, only suggestion I have is would it be possible to let it regen halfway IN combat? This is to reduce the chance to get oneshotted after being hit. That way we will have a choice to let it regen halfway in combat or fully by retreating.
SteamProfile
What qualifies as out of combat? Is it not doing anything? Is it just not taking damage? Does standing there with a shield that's taking damage up count? The reason why i ask is because I am often fighting 95% of the time that bots are spawned, And with the current times that are being discussed. I don't think i will be able to actually recharge it during the beginning of rag. just towards the end when prep time is 40+ seconds.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Could say it fully recharges with start of preptime or sth?
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
At the moment it is set to 20 seconds without taking a hit or dealing damage to bots.
(09-08-2018, 06:09 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Damage taken will be deducted from the temporary health first which also makes the player immune to staggering. Base health will can always be restored by normal medic kits. Dependent on the amount of damage delivered by an enemy, further damage might be inflicted on the base health bar if the damage exceeds the temporary health.

The only way to restore the temporary health is by waiting out the out of combat penalty.

Would reversing the order be too good? If treated as a store, it would be better to use the store only after the base health is used.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.