Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bow damage?
Hey How is Bow dmg working in Ni/ M&B ?
Does missle speed matter?

Becus Like Urlls Bane and Cursed Fiendisch both have 39 pierce, but with Urlls i do get Nord Master Hunter one Hit ,with CF.  Not. 
Since they have the same pierce dmg.i thought they would work the same.( i Used the same Set up, same Arrows, same range) 
So is there smt like missle speed or smt i dont recognize or does one Legendary have a sligth Bug ( wouldnt be the First time Big Grin)

(29-01-2019, 06:56 AM)Lothar Wrote: Does missle speed matter?

Yes.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=65894

may as well post that if you want to look into it

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Yeah, damage depends on projectile speed. It is also the distance that matters because the projectile slows down with time in the air. Then, the enemy wears some armor and head, body and legs have different armor rating. Then, the headshot gets some additional bonus.
(29-01-2019, 08:35 AM)Bobo Wrote: . It is also the distance that matters because the projectile slows down with time in the air.

Is that actually a thing ? if yes thats kinda cool but i dont think so tbh
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(29-01-2019, 11:09 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote:
(29-01-2019, 08:35 AM)Bobo Wrote: . It is also the distance that matters because the projectile slows down with time in the air.

Is that actually a thing ? if yes thats kinda cool but i dont think so tbh

If it didn't work like that Dead Shot would have the same "power" as the bow let alone a dagger.

We were talking about dmg reduction over long distance not over the "power" from the certain shot
Legendary Loots :

(29-01-2019, 12:59 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: We were talking about dmg reduction over long distance not over the "power" from the certain shot

Its one in the same. 

Shoot speed and flight speed are the same thing. I'm not sure if its 100% 1 to 1 but would not be surprised. 

The Shoot speed on dead shot is idk ____ a lot more than daggers but if it was the same this would happen

1st the bolts would drop just as bad as daggers (remember the old F-bow how it dropped almost at that lvl)

2nd it would seem to have less p as it gets weaker over longer distances like daggers.

That doesnt mean the realism in Warband is doing that in the first place aka Dmg Reduction over long distances

Since in other mods iam nearly sure u dont get dmg reduction over long distances either
Legendary Loots :

(29-01-2019, 01:08 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: That doesnt mean the realism in Warband is doing that in the first place aka Dmg Reduction over long distances

Since in other mods iam nearly sure u dont get dmg reduction over long distances either

As someone that's been in Ts with Nka, Winter and think even Rammy talking about flight speed on Ullrs vs Stag back in the day.

On maps that are a long hallway just about if you have people like them getting 200 kills each (think it was back when we had 20ws) they can notice the smallest things. 

I'm pretty sure there was a bot both ullrs and stag could 1 hit close up but only stag could still 1 hit it at any distance just about. 

So even a 3-5 points difference in flight speed can make a hell of a difference on some maps and some bots.

Distance to target makes a huge difference. It's easy to see it if you turn on the damage indication messages (also easy to test in Native singleplayer). However, I don't think projectile speed affects damage in any way - as far as I'm aware it only affects how far your arrows/bolts/etc fly. In one of last year's updates the developers lowered the flight speed of arrows and bolts in order to make it harder to snipe enemies from across the map. Would that mean they also lowered bows and crossbows' damage?