Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why new players dont stick to the mod?
Here is the thing, out of 5 of my friends that started playing this mod this month I was the only one that didn't quit, as I managed to reach tier 4. I'm asking myself the question, why would this happen? No, this isn't a thread to say "make the mod easier", because I clearly enjoyed it. I feel like this happens because new players are looked down upon. Today I had an incident where I was called a hindrance to the team because I didn't bring appropriate gear on a ragnarok game, therefore I was a leecher. I get that my gear is probably very bad and I'm not the most desired teammate for that reason, but ragnarok games have a level cap that I clear. I never knew that I also had to bring amazing gear. If I'm not allowed to play on ragnarok games yet, because of my gear, please put it in the rules so I know that I'm not doing anything wrong. But this is what I think causes new players to quit, the way that they (the new players) are basically separated or looked down upon from the veterans, which is clearly the bigger and more active part of the community, either because they are not allowed to play with the rest of the players at the higher tier games such as hard and ragnarok, or the way the feel like they are not really helping when they eventually get to that level, because their gear still isn't good. I will not not state any names as I don't feel like their actions were intentional. I just think there should be a way to bridge the gap between new players and veterans so the community can grow larger.
SHC crafting price is 170k, maximum 200k.

You can easily farm needed materials or gold on Normal and Hard modes fast enough.

No one ask you to bring 'amazing gear', just bring SHC and problem solved, no more conflicts.

Develorers were against closing Rag for players with no support, though this policy obviously leads to conflicts.
What i notice a lot in these days is, that new players are getting insulted by older ones.
Also nobody has to bring support, there is no rule Smile
In NI you should basically ignore people, who think they are better.
That`s how it works for me.
All my legendaries show my pure Gameskill. Savecall.
(24-03-2019, 02:22 PM)ManWeird Wrote:  I just think there should be a way to bridge the gap between new players and veterans so the community can grow larger.

Like ... a house system?

For the support items, bringing them in Ragnarok is like bringing drinks to a party, you're allowed to not bring any, but people will resent you for that.
(24-03-2019, 02:40 PM)Lollipop Wrote: What i notice a lot in these days is, that new players are getting insulted by older ones.
Also nobody has to bring support, there is no rule Smile
In NI you should basically ignore people, who think they are better.
That`s how it works for me.

If no one brings support then the run wipes and the blame will be on those who brought nothing, is that how you like it?
Quote:Do make a reasonable effort to support the team. Do not use low-tier equipment as an excuse to not contribute to the team [...]

If you don't have good gear as you aint in game that long, it aint an issue, but if I see Old/Normal Barricades been brought in as support on a Rag I've the feeling that those who do so don't really care about consequences to the whole team. Lack of cades and medical support will cause the team to wipe, even if its not their intention. I know its a long way from lv 39 to 52 and I know that Rag helps a lot with leveling up, but on the other hand, 11 players can't carry 5 without any support as it just ends in tomes/cades missing.
I am not pointing my finger at anyone, technically everyone above 39 is allowed to join. On the other hand I don't think that anyone should get insulted on their skill or equipment, everyone started at some point and its forbidden to discourage new players, so technically sou could report that if it happens.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
Solution : Just buy any good support item.
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
(24-03-2019, 02:22 PM)ManWeird Wrote: Here is the thing, out of 5 of my friends that started playing this mod this month I was the only one that didn't quit, as I managed to reach tier 4. I'm asking myself the question, why would this happen? No, this isn't a thread to say "make the mod easier", because I clearly enjoyed it. I feel like this happens because new players are looked down upon. Today I had an incident where I was called a hindrance to the team because I didn't bring appropriate gear on a ragnarok game, therefore I was a leecher. I get that my gear is probably very bad and I'm not the most desired teammate for that reason, but ragnarok games have a level cap that I clear. I never knew that I also had to bring amazing gear. If I'm not allowed to play on ragnarok games yet, because of my gear, please put it in the rules so I know that I'm not doing anything wrong. But this is what I think causes new players to quit, the way that they (the new players) are basically separated or looked down upon from the veterans, which is clearly the bigger and more active part of the community, either because they are not allowed to play with the rest of the players at the higher tier games such as hard and ragnarok, or the way the feel like they are not really helping when they eventually get to that level, because their gear still isn't good. I will not not state any names as I don't feel like their actions were intentional. I just think there should be a way to bridge the gap between new players and veterans so the community can grow larger.

I was not there for this specific instance, but from my observations, the "new players" are never blameless victims. A lot of them do or type dumb things, and it just escalates.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Let me get this out of the way. I never said I was right nor do I blame anyone, the thing is if I am hindering the team or any new player for that matter, it would be better if this was a rule. Also you can't expect newbies to play normal or beginner if nobody ever plays there. I see one normal server with 16/16 maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time you have to solo it, while that might be easy or fun for more veteran players I joined this mod for the coop experience, if I wanted to play alone I would go back to singleplayer.
(24-03-2019, 04:11 PM)ManWeird Wrote: Let me get this out of the way. I never said I was right nor do I blame anyone, the thing is if I am hindering the team or any new player for that matter, it would be better if this was a rule. Also you can't expect newbies to play normal or beginner if nobody ever plays there. I see one normal server with 16/16 maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time you have to solo it, while that might be easy or fun for more veteran players I joined this mod for the coop experience, if I wanted to play alone I would go back to singleplayer.

You could be part of the solution and get support items too, you know. You typed about coop experience; part of that is catering yourself to the rest of the group, particularly since this is a very established community.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.