Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why new players dont stick to the mod?
I bet there are veteran players that insult new players. But on the other hand, a lot of people insult. Not just veterans..
I can't comment on everything you mentioned but i will suggest joining a House. I joined CC when i was new and that really helped me get into the mod, join events, learn and etc.
I'd happily recruit your 4 friends if they stayed in the Mod. Though sadly not you from the few times I've encountered you on Public. But plenty of houses available I'm sure.

"Today I had an incident where I was called a hindrance to the team because I didn't bring appropriate gear on a ragnarok game"
You're not a hindrance. You're leveling your Character just like everyone does or has done in the past. On the other hand im gonna include this Screenshot of you actually being a hindrance.
Just because..

[Image: Klg33n0.jpg]
"don't play with TriGun he might report you"  -  Some random Leecher

[Image: QdZZKDm.gif?1]
Orphans Looted: 4
Nothing I could say about that. I admit I lost my temper. Not gonna say I'm not guilty.
That's a fair response. Not everyone can admit their fault. Just it seemed fitting since you commented on others behavior. Always good to look onto your own first. I lose my temper too, rarely though.
"don't play with TriGun he might report you"  -  Some random Leecher

[Image: QdZZKDm.gif?1]
Orphans Looted: 4
(24-03-2019, 05:03 PM)Malong Wrote:
(24-03-2019, 04:11 PM)ManWeird Wrote: Let me get this out of the way. I never said I was right nor do I blame anyone, the thing is if I am hindering the team or any new player for that matter, it would be better if this was a rule. Also you can't expect newbies to play normal or beginner if nobody ever plays there. I see one normal server with 16/16 maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time you have to solo it, while that might be easy or fun for more veteran players I joined this mod for the coop experience, if I wanted to play alone I would go back to singleplayer.

You could be part of the solution and get support items too, you know. You typed about coop experience; part of that is catering yourself to the rest of the group, particularly since this is a very established community.

I am working on it. As a new player I can't get a lot of items and on top of that I lack the gold right now.
Crafting a SHC involves forum threads, PMs, gathering mats,house invites and crafting.
Not something you can realistically expect from a player who just reached T4 and only ever bought marketplace gear.

"170k, it's cheap" a full marketplace T4 gear cost around 75k.
A player who has never spent more than 30k on an item will not make such a leap.
And new players are reluctant to use the AH because they don't know the right prices ( the only SHC atm is listed for 400k gold )

There should be a middle ground between asking a player to have 70% of his networth on his support slot, and being ok with him bringing absolutely nothing.
Even a normal barricade willl help, used as platform, or providing cover. With Old Barricade still bugged, I think normal cade should be moved the marketplace,
to offer new players an accessible, simple and cheap way to contribute to Ragnarok runs untill they get more familiar with trading and such.
Hello ManWeird:

It's harder for newer players to break into a mod that is older and I remember trying to get into NordInvasion a long time ago (2013-14) where I was asked to leave servers etc., being called a leech, and quite honestly I didn't return until two years later. So I get where you're coming from.

However, the best thing you could do is this:

1) Bring support of some kind. Even having a med kit on wave 1 is amazing like a field med. Nobody expects heals until after wave 6, and having heals before then is a huge bonus which many veteran players will thank you for. If you're an engineer bring a cade. Feel free to pm me and I will loan you a support item until you can obtain one of your own Smile.
2) Try your best to remain as active as possible, we have had a rash of new players who will shoot at the Nords a bit and then go afk. It's actually gotten worse unfortunately, leading to quite a bit of grumbling from older players.
3) Ignore those making your gametime unejoyable.

Finally, I'm glad you're choosing to stick with the mod. It is a tight knit community, but trust me when I say this. If you're active and bringing support people become really appreciative of you. Also get to know some of the vets, and consider joining a EU house. There are plenty of people that are willing to help if you ask.

Welcome to the mod Smile. I bet I'll see you around.
Loots: 
2016 Dark Gothic Sallet, Ailadrodd
2018 Leviathans Treads, Thanos Legacy, Dellingrs Hands
2019 Volcanic Daggers, White Dragon Helm, Heavy Sallet, Imp Halfplate Red, Dragon Helm, Twigs
2020 Gilded Bear Armour

Quote from myself on a similar discussion:

Quote:SHC:

50 Basic Wood = 150 Crooked Sticks
30 Hardened Metal
50 Sturdy Wood
10 Armour Plate = 30 Harneded Metal + 250g
10 Bone Dust = 20 Wolf Teeth Necklace + 10 Worm Root + 250g
6 Construction Tools =18 Bent Swords + 162 Old Boots
8 Processed Wood = 72 Crooked Sticks
15 Strap = 45 Heavy Cloth + 375g

I tested what you'd loot leveling a character up to lv 39 (about two days ago) and the mats where worth 1m approximatly, also I could have asked someone to craft me a SHC with those mats. To sum it up, once you reached lv39, you can afford a SHC and have the cash for Hero together if you stick with basic marketplace stuff. Once you feel you need other gear then that, check crafting recipes (as that most likely is way cheaper than buying for cash). The main issue I see is that you can't bring a SHC with lv 39, you need to be lv 50. But well, I doubt thats going to change ever.

That was in September 2018... SHC's got renamed to Heavy Barricades but its still the same pretty much.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(24-03-2019, 06:08 PM)ManWeird Wrote:
(24-03-2019, 05:03 PM)Malong Wrote:
(24-03-2019, 04:11 PM)ManWeird Wrote: Let me get this out of the way. I never said I was right nor do I blame anyone, the thing is if I am hindering the team or any new player for that matter, it would be better if this was a rule. Also you can't expect newbies to play normal or beginner if nobody ever plays there. I see one normal server with 16/16 maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time you have to solo it, while that might be easy or fun for more veteran players I joined this mod for the coop experience, if I wanted to play alone I would go back to singleplayer.

You could be part of the solution and get support items too, you know. You typed about coop experience; part of that is catering yourself to the rest of the group, particularly since this is a very established community.

I am working on it. As a new player I can't get a lot of items and on top of that I lack the gold right now.

You need 875 gold in addition to materials you should have by the time you are level 39.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I'm probably one of those names you didn't want to list back from the rag run;
for those of you who want a little more detail: we started the rag run with 3 well equipped players, while several other players joined throughout the first few waves. We ended up with around 12 players, a quarter of which bringing no support, a large portion being equipped with marketplace gear. This resulted in wiping wave 5 in that and the following run, leading some players to discuss the matter of equipment requirements for higher difficulties.

When we adressed those players with lower tier gear (ManWeird being one of them) about their lack of performance, we got a response similar to "We meet the level requirements so we are allowed to play" - while this is a thing I can only agree with, I found it upsetting to be accused of treating lower tier players in an unfair way.
For that reason, we tried to justify our point of view by stating arguments, yet all you seemed to do was saying "Have a nice day. I'll go play on Beginner because I'm not allowed to be here". So here I am, giving you reasons for what we had to criticize:

The team we had was small, with only a fracture of players actually being equipped for Ragnarok properly (by "properly" I mean being able to carry at least the amount of pressure one causes by spawning in bots.) I'm making this claim based on the fact that nearly half of the team was using green craftables, if not marketplace gear (Jarids, War Bow, ...) in addition to not bringing any cades.
I do not judge players for trying to play runs, get loot/XP and make progress; yet a situation like this has the well-geared veterans take the heat by being forced to carry others that cannot sustain themselves so as to speak.
I like helping new players to gain a foothold in the mod, but this requires a well balanced combination of veterans + starters to work accordingly.
That being said, I will not accept my efforts of completing a run be exploited in such a way, that it not only lets badly geared players take advantage, but also puts my own success at risk, be it intentional or not.
I would like if people knew the impact that them joining a run has (especially on small teams), but the amount of such people is vanishingly low.
While this is likely to be a consequence of how few Normal/Hard runs there are, thus forcing new players to look for other runs, I find it equally unfair to just go whereever there are players and try to take advantage regardless of one's own contribution.
(24-03-2019, 07:05 PM)Noname Wrote: I'm probably one of those names you didn't want to list back from the rag run;
for those of you who want a little more detail: we started the rag run with 3 well equipped players, while several other players joined throughout the first few waves. We ended up with around 12 players, a quarter of which bringing no support, a large portion being equipped with marketplace gear. This resulted in wiping wave 5 in that and the following run, leading some players to discuss the matter of equipment requirements for higher difficulties.

When we adressed those players with lower tier gear (ManWeird being one of them) about their lack of performance, we got a response similar to "We meet the level requirements so we are allowed to play" - while this is a thing I can only agree with, I found it upsetting to be accused of treating lower tier players in an unfair way.
For that reason, we tried to justify our point of view by stating arguments, yet all you seemed to do was saying "Have a nice day. I'll go play on Beginner because I'm not allowed to be here". So here I am, giving you reasons for what we had to criticize:

The team we had was small, with only a fracture of players actually being equipped for Ragnarok properly (by "properly" I mean being able to carry at least the amount of pressure one causes by spawning in bots.) I'm making this claim based on the fact that nearly half of the team was using green craftables, if not marketplace gear (Jarids, War Bow, ...) in addition to not bringing any cades.
I do not judge players for trying to play runs, get loot/XP and make progress; yet a situation like this has the well-geared veterans take the heat by being forced to carry others that cannot sustain themselves so as to speak.
I like helping new players to gain a foothold in the mod, but this requires a well balanced combination of veterans + starters to work accordingly.
That being said, I will not accept my efforts of completing a run be exploited in such a way, that it not only lets badly geared players take advantage, but also puts my own success at risk, be it intentional or not.
I would like if people knew the impact that them joining a run has (especially on small teams), but the amount of such people is vanishingly low.
While this is likely to be a consequence of how few Normal/Hard runs there are, thus forcing new players to look for other runs, I find it equally unfair to just go whereever there are players and try to take advantage regardless of one's own contribution.

I don't play games to take "advantage" of someone. I was looking for a server and lo and behold a ragnarok game that I can play in. I do what I can to help but, as you said, some people are limited due to their gear.

EDIT: Also I never said I was right or tried to ruin someone's success. This isn't the only situation like this but it was the most obvious, by that I mean that other players in other games have given me hints that I don't have eligible gear and I shouldn't play. I never stated any names mainly because I don't think you had any bad intentions.