Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Website translation packs now available - Help us out!
We are starting the lengthy process of integrating international language translations into the website to give players who's first language isn't English a better experience (and so I can add a pirate translation). However us over at NordInvasion HQ aren't very qualified for speaking other languages, so we present the first instance of the website translation pack:

Click Here (When you open it click CTRL+S or go to File > Download to save the rar)

We are hoping the more talented linguists in the community can help us out by downloading this pack, and translating the relevant sections in the CSV files. Once this is done, you can send us all the files in a rar format with the country code, e.g. 'fr' for france. We will then add this to the website so all french players will have this option to change the site.

Edit: To send them you can either email them as attachments to translations[at]nordinvasion.com or attach them to a forum post reply to this thread.

Please bare in mind the translations are in the very early stages and so much of the website is currently unavailable in other languages, we are hoping to improve on this over time.

Heres a quick example of what needs to be done:

1. Open any of the .csv files
  2. Notice the first row says: "English", "Translation". Thats the order the words are translated to
  3. Make the following changes:

"English", "Translation"
"Download Latest Version", "Download Latest Version"
"Home", "Home"
"About", "About"

Would become:

"English", "Translation"
"Download Latest Version", "French Version of Download Latest Version"
"Home", "French word for Home"
"About", "French word for About"

etc. etc.

Thanks in advance to all those people who help out, oh and if you've read this far, you can expect 0.3.0 to land sometime this week Smile
I will begin the French translation, if anyone wants to help, just PM me and I will distribute parts for translation. If we're only 2, one will start from the beggining, the other from the end. Blondin, still interested ?
Awesome. You know I support this initiative! Have full faith that Sphinx will do a good job with the french, and I'm calling Blondin out as well since I know he does both languages flawlessly.  Wink

Anyone that could do Russian or German would also be very much appreciated!
(15-01-2012, 11:06 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: I will begin the French translation, if anyone wants to help, just PM me and I will distribute parts for translation. If we're only 2, one will start from the beggining, the other from the end. Blondin, still interested ?

With pleasure mate, so i will start from the end, i'm sure you will be faster than me so warn me when you reach the half (already?).
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Thanks to Blondin and Sphinx the site is now available in french, this can be changed via the account > language settings page.
I can do norwegian ("bokmål" and "nynorsk") if needed.
We will put up any translations you guys can do, so feel free to translate and send me the files, i'll then put them up Smile
Sent a Russian translation, may be a bit rough at the edges, but generally should do the job.

If someone out there will be unhappy, just let him fix it, I don't mind. :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Excuse me, should I leave the first row of each file
"English", "Translation"
as-is, or change the word "Translation" to a localized version?

ie.
"English", "简体中文"
"English", "Simplified Chinese"
You can leave the first row alone, they are just titles for you to know which direction the translation is Smile