Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Aventurier Armor (NOW WITH PICTURES)
As aventurier is like the most unpopular class right now, (and I love playing it), i suggest adding an Adventurier Armor with the Goal to make Aventuriers move quicker than the other hero classes.

Similar how Legionnaire craftable Armor is reduced in Weight to allow kiting, how about adding some craftable armors that would allow swifter movement for combat?

coming to rescue faster to help ranged comrades attacked by Assasins or Tricksters, Aventuriers are able to bash out quite good when cornered by an Assasin, yet the weight difference between Sentinel and Aventurier makes Aventurier slower to respond to those threats

Right now  the Crossbowman Hero Classes are the only ones not able to atleast do some basic kiting (running for tome when last alive)

Legi can atleast outrun some of the faster Bots.

I tjink this would encourage players to play Aventurier more often

[Image: tZzLq5U.jpg]
(23-05-2019, 12:06 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: As aventurier is like the most unpopular class right now

It's not.

But yes i agree with an idea from 2015.

Think its from 2014 but funny i found this 

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...rier+Armor

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(23-05-2019, 01:48 PM)Woody Wrote:
(23-05-2019, 12:06 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: As aventurier is like the most unpopular class right now

It's not.

But yes i agree with an idea from 2015.

Think its from 2014 but funny i found this 

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...rier+Armor

upcycling old ideas is trendy nowadays Wink
Made some textures recycling cuir bouilli and lamellar armor from Native, so no need for taking credits of some other creator as talewords themselves.

This is what i made:

https://imgur.com/a/yj5Cd4d

new lamellar lower body parts, swadian emblem on breastplate, riveted bracers, and an overall darker tanned leather

As for stats lets compare T5 infantry with Legi armor

https://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?i...nese_plate

https://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?i..._halfplate

thats roughly the same stats except for weight which is reduced by almost 2/3

now taking t5 xbow armor: https://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?i...ian_armour

as guardian armor is 18, this new aventurier armor should be 6 weight

some name ideas: Expedition Coat, Expedition Harness, Scout Harness

.dds texture files: https://ufile.io/phl40itp
Going from how the stats compare with swadian half plate vs milanese. (1/3 the weight)

Aventurier Armor 
Weight
6 <-- like you said
Body armour
Leg armour

Guardian Armour 
Weight
Body armour
Leg armour

Aventurier Armor - Loot
Weight
Body Armour
Leg Armour 

Brigadine Plated Heraldic
Weight
Body Armour
Leg Armour 

I have one of the lightest setups for Aventurier.

Im total in weight 2+(body armour)+0.25+3+3+1+0.5 = 9.75 without armour 

Let's say i buy the lootable one well im at 14.75w. 

Well let's see how it compares with other classes (note Avent has Athletics)

My Leg set up (8 Athletics)
1+20+0.25+1+1+0.5+1 = 24.75w

My Mara set up (10 Athletics)
0.5w+1+0.1+0.25+0.5+3+3 = 8.35w

My Senti set up (8 Athletics)
1+6+0.5+0.25+1+1+0.5 = 10.25w

I think for aventurier to shine normal Xbows need to be 1 weight like bows or at least 2. Better boots for xbow may have a reason to be really wanted as Swadian Boots at 3 is heavy for a kiting class. 

For why i think aventurier may need even more than this... well its the play style of having an xbow when kiting. It needs to reload so basically you need to stop and reload. Other classes that can kite with ranged don't have this problem. 

For this reason, i think if aventurier goes down the line of its speed becomes more of a reason to pick the class. I think it should be the fastest or closer to pikeman speed.

On the topic of Aventurier, i did talk to Terath about moving Noble Bastion and Swadian Half-Board Shield to this class and buffing the shielding to 7 or 8 this way it can be a backup shielder like most of the Inf classes and hoplite. 

In turn, it would in some way nerf the other 3 heroes as they can't use them.

With this class having 
  • really good speed 
  • 2nd best 1h skill
  • basic shield skill
  • basic xbow skill
I can see people that picked leg for how diverse it is picking this hero as well.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Think about it this way, dear Devs

Early Legionnaire had just an upgrade in his 1h skill + 1h weapons. But then he recieved a buff (throwables+ lighter armors)

It was considered the worst Infantry class before that Buff

Recently Inf got another HP buff on Hard and Ragnarok

Less Attention were given to Aventurier. Halberdier and Ranger.

Aventurier should get lighter Armor

Crossbows reduced in weight (except big shot, elegant crossbow or dead shot for knockdown)

Right now Aventurier is the least Popular Class

Halberdier and Ranger get the same (but smaller HP treatment) as Inf

Right now, Inf has a hero who can kite (Legi), Archers and Pike can, but there is no real Crossbow-Class that can do that.

(yes if you ditch the armor then you can do it even with an Ailadrodd)
(24-06-2019, 11:57 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote: Think about it this way, dear Devs

Early Legionnaire had just an upgrade in his 1h skill + 1h weapons. But then he recieved a buff (throwables+ lighter armors)

It was considered the worst Infantry class before that Buff

Recently Inf got another HP buff on Hard and Ragnarok

Less Attention were given to Aventurier. Halberdier and Ranger.

Aventurier should get lighter Armor

Crossbows reduced in weight (except big shot, elegant crossbow or dead shot for knockdown)

Right now Aventurier is the least Popular Class

Halberdier and Ranger get the same (but smaller HP treatment) as Inf

Right now, Inf has a hero who can kite (Legi), Archers and Pike can, but there is no real Crossbow-Class that can do that.

(yes if you ditch the armor then you can do it even with an Ailadrodd)

I was never the developer that would respond to feature requests, really, unless I was named in them or it was directly related to my original job (modeling). I suppose now that I've taken over more front-end responsibilities I'll start responding to feature requests as well. Please bear with me.

As a general reminder, while Aventurier may not be the most efficient class to play, it still is technically viable. That, however, does not mean that it is also a fun class to play. While Sentinel may work well with Archer, since Archer has the speed to be able to backpedal and have a semblance of agility that combos well with one-handers, Crossbowman's general kit lacks that pretty much in entirety. Aventurier is fun to play on paper, at least; it is one of the only classes you could roll with a class-specific shield (Noble Bastion) that isn't marketplace or locked to Infantry, and the one-handers are pretty damn strong in their own right. However, the lack of agility, the weight of Crossbowman's armour and the fact that you have to stop moving to reload crossbows really hampers any ability to pull off anything relating to kiting. I personally support kiting in general, so I feel that Aventurier could use a lot of love, as I also feel that all classes should have one hero class that allows them to kite.

Here are two key additions that I personally would make to Aventurier that would allow it to not only be able to have a larger amount of speed, but also have a weapon kit that compliments the class's purpose.

One-handed Crossbows
Kaasovic and I have talked about this before, and it is doable. One-handed crossbows would function like a regular crossbow, but you can reload them while moving. Of course, this means that other stats like damage and projectile flight speed would have to take a penalty, as not being able to move and reload at the same time is seen as one of the largest detriments of using a crossbow over any other ranged weapon (also, with other ranged weapons, you don't really have to reload). These new crossbows would be low-damage but high-speed, which I believe would compliment kiting and the movement of Aventurier very well.

Aventurier-locked Armour
As was suggested in the OP. Most likely, this would just be body armours. The armours would be very similar to Legionnaire's very light armour. This would allow Aventurier to mainly have more speed, but it also allows Aventurier to look different, which may not matter to some, but is still cool to have. The proposed retextured native armour is very kind, but I would most likely find or create new armour models for this change. I really do appreciate the effort put into this feature request.

This is all my personal opinion, of course; neither of these changes have been discussed at length with the rest of the dev team (I guess one-handed crossbows, in which we confirmed that it would work in theory, and wasn't necessarily attached to Aventurier). I do, however, think that the disparity between the non-efficient classes and the most efficient classes is... large. Classes like Ranger, Halberdier, Sentinel and Aventurier could use more love, just to bring them up to somewhat-equal level to other, more efficient classes.
I feel that having better armour isn't really a specialty for a class, unless you're Juggernaut in which the difference is really noticeable. Ranger and Halberdier's armour isn't enough to support an entire class with, and Sentinel and Aventurier's one-handed swords aren't enough to support an entire class with either. I've been trying to think of ways to make these classes have their own specialty, so that they are not only more appealing but bring something entirely new to gameplay, or at least something special to the battlefield. An idea that's been brought up for Sentinels is to give them their own line of shields, which I'm not entirely partial to for some reason, but to me it doesn't feel right (as you couldn't equip a bow + arrows + sword + shield without one of the items being a support item (although the fourth slot being taken up by support items is supposed to go away anyways). There haven't been many changes to Ranger or Halberdier that I've been partial to either. However, with these proposed additions, Aventurier would have its own theme (speed, kiting, agility), its own line of weapons and armour that support that (one-handed crossbows, light armour), and on top of that would still have their strong one-handed weapons and capabilities.

Please share your thoughts and ideas below. These changes are only proposed ideas, currently, and not planned to be added until the changes and additions are approved by the team.
Also, keep your ideas and discussions on-topic, as I know some of you have issues with posting your ideas in the right threads.
Also, don't dump stat changes on my head. That shit's annoying.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Look a little wider. The heroes of crossbowmen have no sets at all. In fact they have 2 armor and 4 helmets on the house level crafting. 1 armor and 1 helmet for Pavise Champion, and the rest is at your discretion. No shoes and no gloves - used by Swadian - but they don't fit even the legendary set, let alone crafting, so if you're a perfectionist and want to look more or less right, then you have to wear Plate Mittens and the most expensive shop shoes, as it fits the texture of the armor.

Speaking of developers, I can not say thank you to them for their work, which we do not see. In General, I can understand why all these good ideas are not in the game. The developers just don't have time. Guys, it would be great if it was, but I understand if it doesn't show up.
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
Crossbowmans have a lot of cool-looking gear already and wardens still don't have legendary helmet.
(24-06-2019, 03:31 PM)Forward Wrote: Crossbowmans have a lot of cool-looking gear already and wardens still don't have legendary helmet.
Crossbowman already having a lot of cool-looking gear is a very dumb reason to restrict them from having more gear.

I added a legendary helmet for Archer for next update, and said I was doing so numerous times on the forums, in-game and in PMs over the past four months. I request that you stop showing up to posts about items not relating to archers and complaining that you don't have an item yet. It's childish and annoying, and accomplishes nothing. Please keep the posts related to the thread.

Also, why the hell would Warden have their own helmet? They don't even have their own armour.

(24-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: Look a little wider. The heroes of crossbowmen have no sets at all. In fact they have 2 armor and 4 helmets on the house level crafting. 1 armor and 1 helmet for Pavise Champion, and the rest is at your discretion. No shoes and no gloves - used by Swadian - but they don't fit even the legendary set, let alone crafting, so if you're a perfectionist and want to look more or less right, then you have to wear Plate Mittens and the most expensive shop shoes, as it fits the texture of the armor.

Speaking of developers, I can not say thank you to them for their work, which we do not see. In General, I can understand why all these good ideas are not in the game. The developers just don't have time. Guys, it would be great if it was, but I understand if it doesn't show up.

Crossbowmen never have gotten a lot of attention when it comes to armour. Studded Gauntlets are shared with Crossbowman because there were no available gauntlet models, and the same issue is present for Swadian Boots and Swadian Gauntlets. This is something that can be changed, through making Crossbowman-specific items, and is something I am more than willing to do. I just don't know how to separate Swadian Boots / Gauntlets / Studded Gauntlets from Crossbowman without hurting players currently using those items. This does not mean that I will not make armour for Crossbowman, though. I've implemented red legendary Crossbowman boots for the next update (model is temporary, didn't have time), and I plan to start work on Crossbowman specific armour so that the armour sets are fully created and match with their respective armours. Please bear with me as it will take time to create these models.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off